03/17/2024
03/18/2024Motion Filed
State's Motion for Protective Order.pdf
Filed By:
State of Indiana
File Stamp:
03/17/2024
03/18/2024Motion Filed
Motion for Parity in Resources, To Reconsider the Denial of Anticipated Defense Costs, or to Exclude Evidence
Filed By:
Allen, Richard M.
File Stamp:
03/17/2024
03/18/2024Amended Pleading Filed
Amended Motion to Compel and Request for Sanctions
Filed By:
Allen, Richard M.
File Stamp:
03/17/2024
Wonder if the protection order is for the Prosecutor from the youtubers that were spying on/stalking him?

Motion for parity in resources:
Adobe Acrobat
Alternatively, Allen requests that this Court prohibit the State from offering any testimony or evidence at trial related to the bullet found at the crime scene, the digital data collected by law enforcement, or Allen’s alleged confession.

Sure, ok. He does a lot of arguing in the alternative.

Ahahahaha!!

"In turn, the defense asked that state prosecutors “be required to pay out of their personal finances for investigative services, evidence processing, and expert fees.”

Yeah it's The People that are paying for the whole tab, yours included. Did the D spend all of RA's money on their own defense, you know because they're just so irreplaceable...cause you know they filed for a speedy trial now and that changes everything, ya know. Think this request will need the SC involved again?

Edited to include: AJMO

Last edited:
Yeah computers aren't infallible, they can break for no apparent reason. Not to mention storage drives can be destroyed in true freak accidents.

That's why there needs to be like three or more.
True story. I have a carefully curated digital music library I've worked on since my college days. I have multiple backups of those files in the event I lose something.

And in the grand scheme of things...my music tastes aren't quite as important as evidence gathered in a murder.

Yeah computers aren't infallible, they can break for no apparent reason. Not to mention storage drives can be destroyed in true freak accidents.

That's why there needs to be like three or more.
If you have competent server admins, you have online storage (disk or optical drives on the server) and tape backups. You don’t lose important files. MOO as a server admin much of the time since the 90s, thankfully retired now.

Edited for spelling

Motion for parity in resources:
Adobe Acrobat
I don't want to be this jaded... but did these attorneys ask to be reinstated because they want to be paid/reimbursed? Nothing to do with that nonsense that they believe their client, believe he's innocent, etc. Outstanding, out-of-pocket, advanced-paid expenses, and reinstatement is the best way to secure repayment?

How does an attorney in good faith file motions for any discovery when he hasn't made it through the discovery he already has?!

I'm waiting to see real sanctions for this disgraceful circusing.

JMO

I don't want to be this jaded... but did these attorneys ask to be reinstated because they want to be paid/reimbursed? Nothing to do with that nonsense that they believe their client, believe he's innocent, etc. Outstanding, out-of-pocket, advanced-paid expenses, and reinstatement is the best way to secure repayment?

How does an attorney in good faith file motions for any discovery when he hasn't made it through the discovery he already has?!

I'm waiting to see real sanctions for this disgraceful circusing.

JMO
And did I read this wrong...D has an ex-fire chief analyzing evidence? Nothing against this person, is that a prudent thing to do? And a full-time student is likely not able to be present as much as needed?

And did I read this wrong...D has an ex-fire chief analyzing evidence? Nothing against this person, is that a prudent thing to do? And a full-time student is likely not able to be present as much as needed?
IMO it should always be about a rigorous defense, a smart defense. Every defense has a budget. Every prosecution, same. It's about balancing and managing costs.

Is it necessary to test and re-test every single item? Good way to waste resources that good be better applied elsewhere. Spend the money on experts to challenge the evidence.

Anyway, I don't read anything very compelling in those motions, just a lot of bluster. Defense 101. Pound the investigation, pound the evidence, and if that doesn't work, pound the table.

We're at full-blown table pounding.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members