Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really so horrifically sad... it gives one the impression that Maddie truly had no one she could lean on or ask for help. Now she is gone and where are her loved ones to speak for her?? Maddie deserved so much more than this, imo.

Justice for Madeline!

Yes, very sad, but not only that, it makes me suspicious about why the silence. I'm trying to think back on other child murders and I can't think of any that the loved ones didn't speak out unless something sinister was afoot. Even the guilty ones would sometimes try and fake it and act bereaved and innocent. IMO JS's behavior is not helping me doubt her being complicit.

OSCEOLA COUNTY, Fla. —
Parents in Osceola County Schools are getting new alerts letting them know if their child is absent from school.

The new policy means attendance alert calls will still go out at the end of the school day, but they’ll also go out in the morning, too.
Osceola schools attendance policy change goes into effect in wake of Madeline Soto death

What Was Stephan Sterns Using the Telegram App For?

Very sad that it takes a child being murdered to incite change.

moo

Snooping in general. Per the transcript of mom's interview thanks to @Allabouttrial:

REPORTER - What is your fear? I know you mentioned she's on games and stuff. Do you think she could have like met somebody and tried to meet up with them?

MUM - She's open with us about.. you know. if she's got a crush on anyone, she told us she had a crush on someone at school and I looked at their messages, nothing was weird. I looked at all her messages, all her deleted messages; nothing seemed weird, it didn't seem like she was talking to anyone. So I don't feel like that's the case. I feel like she may have been taken because this is not like her at all to just disappear and not tell us, not let us know where she's going or who she's with

Full transcript here: Found Deceased - FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest*
Hmmm, I saw that as meaning she had looked at the messages since she had gone missing. I guess the context isn't clear either way

Safety rules and regs are written in blood, as they say.

MOO

Ugh. "Lessons learnt..."

Proactively safeguarding kids and other vulnerable people, shouldn't be done in hindsight, and yes, I know - only in an ideal world would that be realistic. Just think it's sad that a young person having their lives taken from them, often in brutal and terrifying ways is what makes these changes. One child being murdered is one too much, and yet, there's still lessons being learnt, because the previous lessons learnt clearly weren't enough.

imo

It's really so horrifically sad... it gives one the impression that Maddie truly had no one she could lean on or ask for help. Now she is gone and where are her loved ones to speak for her?? Maddie deserved so much more than this, imo.

Justice for Madeline!
Her fathers side of the family did release a statement, it’s posted upthread

Maddy's paternal family did release a statement (via the stepmother's FB I think) and I believe they also came in from Texas when she was reported missing. I don't think they have made any media statements/appearances beyond that. I don't think they have been interviewed for local TV or anything like that.
I did not find anything for Nintendo nor Pictochat when I did a search.

Like... down the hall? Ugh.
I don't remember what the distance limitation was. I remember playing Nintendo with friends on long school bus trips. I do think you had to be pretty close for a Nintendo to work with multiplayer. Connection was also quite finnicky.

OSCEOLA COUNTY, Fla. —
Parents in Osceola County Schools are getting new alerts letting them know if their child is absent from school.

The new policy means attendance alert calls will still go out at the end of the school day, but they’ll also go out in the morning, too.
Osceola schools attendance policy change goes into effect in wake of Madeline Soto death

What Was Stephan Sterns Using the Telegram App For?
That Telegram video is interesting, thank you for sharing!

I just caught something I hadn't noticed before--that SS claims he accidentally did a factory reset on his phone. I got a new phone last week and it seems like it'd be fairly difficult to "accidentally" do a factory reset. I would think you'd have to intentionally go through the steps.

I just caught something I hadn't noticed before--that SS claims he accidentally did a factory reset on his phone. I got a new phone last week and it seems like it'd be fairly difficult to "accidentally" do a factory reset. I would think you'd have to intentionally go through the steps.
Yes, it's not like you can accidentally click one button for that. Depending on his device, he'd likely have to click that button, select from a list of options, confirm that he wanted to completely wipe his phone, and enter his password to do so.

Couple that with the timing in which that occurred (around the time of Madeline's disappearance), and the content on his phone, and there's no doubt it was an intentional act of self preservation.

Fortunately it wasn't enough to save him from a life sentence in prison based on that content alone.

My understanding is GH also repeated what his source did to sleuth SS activity. In order to create a test scenario, GH used his own access of Telegram during the Hamas attacks to corroborate this method was valid.

The time stamps both GH and his source used to check out what SS was up to matched.

That is, both GH and his source have SS accessing Telegram at 4:45 am, and GH and the source are 7 timezones apart from one another, so the timezone data is that for SS.

My understanding is GH also gave this information to LE.

Like pretty much everything else in this case, LE has not commented on it, at least as far as I know.
I'm watching the CourtTV video with Gray Hughes discussing exactly that. What GH said was you need to subtract 5 hrs from the timestamp as Telegram is using Greenwich Mean time, which puts SS doing whatever he was doing on Telegram at 11:49pm EST (local time for Maddie), which is the evening of her birthday party, NOT 4:49am EST the day she went missing. That makes a lot more sense to know he was doing something at a more normal hour, and not super early that morning. Knowing that also changes some things for me.

You'll have to go to 6:45 in as that site doesn't allow me to grab the URL at the exact time I want: What Was Stephan Sterns Using the Telegram App For?

Me checking to see if GH did the math right. lol:

The Eastern Time Zone (ET) is an area 5 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT-5) during the winter months (referred to as Eastern Standard Time or EST) and 4 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT-4) during the summer months (referred to as Eastern Daylight Time or EDT).

1711490510009.png
Here's a tool if you want to dink around with it: World Clock & Time Converter

Justice for Madeline!
Different folks act differently. I wouldn’t expect any family to have to put out a statement when their loved one’s body is found, especially when there was no widespread public effort involved (ie. As there was with Riley Strain).

Even the statement from MS’s father was from MS’s stepmother on the family’s behalf. Losing a child is terribly painful, even worse to lose a child by murder, even worse to do so by someone the child knew and seemed to trust*. I don’t think any family should be expected to react publicly to show their love.

*by this I just mean that SS had been in the Soto family’s lives for a while and would surely have been known to MS’s father and stepmother, and I presume they like everyone else didn’t have any massive concerns that would result in them trying to remove MS from JS’s custody.

I'm watching the CourtTV video with Gray Hughes discussing exactly that. What GH said was you need to subtract 5 hrs from the timestamp as Telegram is using Greenwich Mean time, which puts SS doing whatever he was doing on Telegram at 11:49pm EST (local time for Maddie), which is the evening of her birthday party, NOT 4:49am EST the day she went missing. That makes a lot more sense to know he was doing something at a more normal hour, and not super early that morning. Knowing that also changes some things for me.

You'll have to go to 6:45 in as that site doesn't allow me to grab the URL at the exact time I want: What Was Stephan Sterns Using the Telegram App For?

The Eastern Time Zone (ET) is an area 5 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT-5) during the winter months (referred to as Eastern Standard Time or EST) and 4 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT-4) during the summer months (referred to as Eastern Daylight Time or EDT).

View attachment 492992
Has the Telegram stuff been substantiated somewhere other than the GH videos?

I’m curious because I would think if GH knows about it and is posting publicly about it, LE should know it as well. But then we have Chief Holland saying, to the question “Do you believe that there are any other victims”, “Uh no it appears that this was isolated to the home”. Which I guess isn’t totally conclusive, but I would think that if SS’s communications on Telegram had anything to do with sexual abuse of MS or others by SS or others, that saying it was “isolated to the home” would be too broad a statement.

Has the Telegram stuff been substantiated somewhere other than the GH videos?
Not that I'm aware of. I was responding to folks saying he was on the app at 4:49am the morning Maddie disappeared, when he was on it (according to GH) at 11:49pm Sunday night.

Apparently Telegram has end to end encryption so everything is private.

Not that I'm aware of. I was responding to folks saying he was on the app at 4:49am the morning Maddie disappeared, when he was on it (according to GH) at 11:49pm Sunday night.

Apparently Telegram has end to end encryption so everything is private.
It looks like their only chance to access his content is from his device itself. Hopefully they were able to do that.

Honestly? I've felt from the get-go that Maddie was his target ("relationship") and JS was just part of the package. I also don't think WHO Maddie's mom was would have mattered to SS (well, unless she was SUPER smart like a Dr or a lawyer, someone that he likely couldn't pull the wool over their eyes). Maddie first, then when he finds out who her mom was "Oh great, Someone that appears easily manipulable. Score!".

All MOO

Although, and I hate to think about this because SS is so revolting, we have the kink factor.

Several people have come forward saying SS & JS were into something kinky, and that was the primary attraction between them.

I agree with you SS was hunting for a young child, probably a little girl. And if a woman let him move in and put up with his other crap (I mean the general weird not behaving like a typical adult stuff), then yes, I agree she probably was The One.

Even if his parents gave him money, he probably spent it all on pot and little man baby toys. JS probably paid all the bills. Yuck.

View attachment 492992
This is very helpful to know since GH did NOT explain the time difference in his initial video.

I'm personally often awake around 5am, so don't find that suspect.

I'd like to know what SS was doing on there though, regardless of time.

This is very helpful to know since GH did NOT explain the time difference in his initial video.

I'm personally often awake around 5am, so don't find that suspect.

I'd like to know what SS was doing on there though, regardless of time.
Well, what it makes me wonder is whatever it is that went down to end Maddie's life... was it before 11:49am Sunday evening, and that's what he was posting on Telegram? (Super disgusting stuff) Which really raises a LOT of questions. Like... JS "seeing her" around 8am Monday morning. Although that Q has already been raised in my head, even before the Telegram info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant