Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Gagnon was at Jacques arraignment because I believe he has been in jail since the day of his arrest. I may have missed them but I don't recall any articles reporting he made bail.

MJ's arraignment was before Gagnon was arrested.

"The United States Penitentiary (USP) in Terre Haute, Indiana, is a high security facility housing male inmates. It is part of the Terre Haute Federal Correctional Complex (FCC). The USP contains the Special Confinement Unit for inmates serving Federal death sentences."

http://bop.gov/locations/institutions/thp/index.jsp

BOP press release:

http://www.bop.gov/news/press/press_releases/ipasp

A picture taken at the USP is here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_by_the_United_States_federal_government

The next update on the national fox news channel is supposed to be coming up in the next few minutes. I just heard them announce it. I'm on EST.

Thanks LaLaw. That's what I was afraid of. In Ca. Scott Peterson will have about 20 years but other states do it much faster. If MJ is given the DP I want him in the harshest of environments imaginable and executed very soon.

This is one instance when IMO it would be fitting to have punishments from days gone by before the world became kinder and gentler.
Something like all the limbs torn from the body and taken to the 4 corners of the state and the head put up on a post as a warning to other spos's out there.

VB

The worse it sounds the better I like it! :blowkiss:

Well, it was on the front page of the BFP...so they had to have let it out...the BFP is VERY VERY careful about things like this (I have an inside BFP source, although not on this case specifically).

I was just thinking making there could be a difference between local coverage & more widespread coverage since someone mentioned the oic was NOT on the online version.

I just hate to think anything little thing could hurt the prosecution of EVERY SINGLE creep that is involved in this case & the CP ring.

"The United States Penitentiary (USP) in Terre Haute, Indiana, is a high security facility housing male inmates. It is part of the Terre Haute Federal Correctional Complex (FCC). The USP contains the Special Confinement Unit for inmates serving Federal death sentences."

http://bop.gov/locations/institutions/thp/index.jsp

BOP press release:

http://www.bop.gov/news/press/press_releases/ipasp

A picture taken at the USP is here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_by_the_United_States_federal_government

This is where Donald Fell is...he is the last person given the DP in Vermont under a Federal charge...I actually believe it was for the same as MJ....kidnapping resulting in death? or was it because he took his victim across state lines? I was living in CT at the time of this one, I don't recall.

I just don't see evidence of any kind of *advertiser censored* ring that involved either of the two perps making *advertiser censored* and selling it as opposed to buying it.

Yeah- that's my impression too. I would be virtually impossible to do IRL, and they obviously didn't have the savvy to do it online, so I just see purchase and making for personal use.

Thanks for clearing up the photo-vs-filming thing, BTW- I keep seeing people here refer to both so I occasionally forget that he didn't film AR and her BF, just got photos.

Not opposing his detention could be a sign he's cooperating.

Good point, Fran.

However, if MJ is convicted under the Adam Walsh statute, and the statute is held to be unconstitutional on appeal for some reason that overturns MJ's conviction, he can be tried again in the VT courts for the same crime.

The sex-offender registry portion of this act has been ruled unconstitutional by federal Judge Gregory Presnell in Orlando, FL, on April 18, 2008.

http://constitutionalfights.blogspot.com/2008/04/florida-interstate-adam-walsh-act.html

Now, that ruling does not apply anywhere except in the district court in Judge Presnell's jurisdiction. At some point, if the federal appellate courts disagree on the constitutionality of the statute or parts thereof, the issue will go to the Supreme Court for a definitive decision.

I am pointing this out because the status of being convicted under the Adam Walsh Act does not mean it will stick, constitutionally speaking.

It's not double jeopardy, though, to try MJ for the same crime in the VT courts, if his eventual and hoped-for federal conviction is overturned on constitutional grounds, or on any grounds.

Oh, thanks, RoughlyCollie, I hadn't known that about Florida. Well, it may not matter in the grand scheme of things. IMO, by the time any charges need to be brought, I think they may get him for first degree murder anyway, either State or Federal. Just now, imo, they're using that statute to 'hold him.'

Boy, they sure have their hands full! Trying to piece this thing together must be a nightmare.:eek:

JMHO
fran

I was just thinking making there could be a difference between local coverage & more widespread coverage since someone mentioned the oic was NOT on the online version.

I just hate to think anything little thing could hurt the prosecution of EVERY SINGLE creep that is involved in this case & the CP ring.

I totally agree - I would not want ANYTHING to hurt the chances of these scumbags getting convicted.

However, if that was the case, they'd be less likely to publish it locally because this is where the jurors will be taken from. That could hurt the case more.

I think the reason it was not in the online version is because they have limited picture space and since the article was about Brooke, they chose to use a lovely picture of her instead...which I agree with.

He didn't oppose it because the Feds are keeping him safe. But for what purpose? They have evidence against MJ , they have AR as a witness, why protect RG? Theories?

Tom'sGirl,
That guy looks exactly like the poster shot that Fox news showed for a second when they spoke of him before the arraignment. My large TV is about 6 feet from my desk. I was posting and I heard someone say Raymond Gagnon's name on TV, glanced over quickly, and saw the pic of him. That was the guy in the courtroom. If it isn't, then I will go in voluntarily and have laser surgery on my eyes!

***Fox has not shown it again. Yet.

Not opposing his detention could be a sign he's cooperating.

IMO, he's probably safer behind bars than if they set him free!

He's already admitted to having sexual contact with AR and AR has admitted having sexual contact with another Breckenridge member. His goose is cooked!........and he KNOWS IT.:behindbar

He's most likely nervous about anything else they may uncover.:eek:

JMHO
fran

Yeah- that's my impression too. I would be virtually impossible to do IRL, and they obviously didn't have the savvy to do it online, so I just see purchase and making for personal use.

Thanks for clearing up the photo-vs-filming thing, BTW- I keep seeing people here refer to both so I occasionally forget that he didn't film AR and her BF, just got photos.

That we know of...if he's got $1000 to drop on weirdo sex instruments he's got money for a video camera...I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if he had video footage of AR...but I don't think he was selling it to anyone. That may be part of why he ditched his hard drive..full of child *advertiser censored* and him abusing his step daughter.

But video footage of Brooke's murder...I don't see it.

I'm of the opinion that he did not intend to kill her immediately. He had either gone totally delusional and thought he could really 'initiate' her into his fake sex ring and get her to keep quiet, and when that failed he had to kill her or he killed her by accident. I don't see all that elaborate planning just to kill her in the first couple of hours.

I understand that, but the way in was stated in the e mail it sounds like she knows exactly who the other person is.

My impression as well.

" I am worried about him, please come up with a plan that makes it so ---- gets to have at least a few hrs with her. You get time with her if you want"

This, to me, implies a real, tangible person who could show up in person. Seems sloppy if intended as another mind-game. Possible evidence of this "third man"?

Thanks LaLaw. That's what I was afraid of. In Ca. Scott Peterson will have about 20 years but other states do it much faster. If MJ is given the DP I want him in the harshest of environments imaginable and executed very soon.

:)... YW, and I share your sentiments!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members