Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just emailed 3 reporters at the paper asking if they could share w/us...I emailed the online person (because it wasn't published online if correct), the reporter for law/crime, and I already forgot the other one. Hoping one is in and wouldn't mind sending us a pic.

We still dont have one?

Been gone over the weekend, anyone here find that safe yet?? :dance:

Have they arrested that guy? The landlord??

Thanks christine I hope they they will share!:)

I just emailed 3 reporters at the paper asking if they could share w/us...I emailed the online person (because it wasn't published online if correct), the reporter for law/crime, and I already forgot the other one. Hoping one is in and wouldn't mind sending us a pic.

We still dont have one?

Been gone over the weekend, anyone here find that safe yet?? :dance:

Have they arrested that guy? The landlord??

He is bald on top, isn't he?

Fox news just showed for a fleeting second a Marshal's poster of Gagnon. I heard them and just got a split second view.
He looks like the guy that was in the courtroom at Jacques arraignment!

Thank you for the info LaLaw and welcome to WS! I wonder why he would have been at the arrainment, maybe it was in case he was worried about what might come out.

I think they are being super careful with the evidence gathering and autopsy. In obviously horrible cases like this I think the urge is to rush to get information out and the criminals charged and sometimes errors are made that the criminals can capitalize on and go free.

For example, I believe they noticed the recently-disturbed ground 24 hours before they finally got the body out and it was just a shallow grave. They are taking extreme care with every step. It is too late to prevent this horrible thing from happening, but I think LE is doing everything they can to catch everyone involved and keep them away from regular people for the rest of their lives.

They did the same thing in the Denise Amber Lee case. Same wording, and everything, saying that they had found a body but had not identified it (like we have multiple bodies laying around in North Port), etc. And they found the grave late in the afternoon the day before she was recovered. MissVT77 is right, they're simply being very careful to not mess up, so that they can be sure of a conviction.

Thank you for the info LaLaw and welcome to WS! I wonder why he would have been at the arrainment, maybe it was in case he was worried about what might come out.

You are welcome, calidreamin.
He was the guy sitting in the black T-Shirt at the arraignment - the one that another poster thought was him. He was leaning toward the edge of his chair during the arraignment.

>I can't discount the order of the machine and that info being released by >FBI and local LE if that was not part of her murder.

Agreed.

>Earlier someone wrote something about they hadn't seen it listed as >murder in print. Okay ..maybe it hasn't, but I don't believe it was suicide..

By no means, but the term "murder" implies intention. Accidental doesn't count as "Murder". Now, I haven't gotten fully caught up on my reading, so I don't know if new info has come to light as of this morning. afternoon, but so far, we haven't gotten all of the details yet. So far, "Murder" seems likely, but not definite - we just don't have all of the hard facts yet. He may not have intended to kill her, or at least not right away.

> He bought that machine with the intent on using it on Brooke..

Obviously. I haven't seen anyone say otherwise here.

>for those who think otherwise..then I question who else was it meant >for..his wife, his step daughter...

I still remain unconvinced that he got it solely for her- still doesn't add up for me. He may have gotten it with her in mind, possibly as an inaugural use of it, but to got that far for one use still doesn't sit well for me.

>no this was for Brooke so he could do his ridiculous rape, torture, death by >sex film and make money.

Mmm...again, I'd like to point out that if this was done as a for-profit thing, it would be the first recorded real snuff film in history (to my knowledge, so far the concept of snuff has resided in the domain of urban legend and hoax, not reality). If he did indeed film it (and do we have any evidence that he did?), it may have been as a trophy, not snuff.

>May they rot in hell with a boulder up their penis and rectum.

>There is also a link on the IS board today that pretty much tells step by step >how KG's nephew was caught with the kiddie *advertiser censored* on his computer.

Hm? Did I miss something? Is this a new development? Did they find the contents of the computer, or do I misread this?

I think when people are in that dire of a situation, their mind literally shuts off all senses at some point to protect them. The trauma is replaced with a sense of calm and fear with a sense of peace.

Yep. The psyche can only take so much before it turns off.

We know that Brooke deserves the good in her life to come back tenfold, too.

I hope so too.

I don't think he filmed Brooke, I don't think he had time, she died too quickly, probably in an intial struggle or shortly thereafter, I don't think he was selling kiddie *advertiser censored* films, so far there isn't even any evidence that he filmed AR...only still photos of her w/her boyfriend which he gave to his relative who also abused her. I just don't see evidence of any kind of *advertiser censored* ring that involved either of the two perps making *advertiser censored* and selling it as opposed to buying it.

Here's the VT murder statute:

Title 13: Crimes and Criminal Procedure

Chapter 53: Homicide

§ 2301. Murder-Degrees defined
Murder committed by means of poison, or by lying in wait, or by wilful, deliberate and premeditated killing, or committed in perpetrating or attempting to perpetrate arson, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, robbery or burglary, shall be murder in the first degree. All other kinds of murder shall be murder in the second degree. (Amended 1983, No. 28, § 1.)

If Brooke Bennett died during the commission of a felony, it is murder no matter what. Whether the guy intended for her to die or not isn't relevant.

Let's say that V, is being tortured by T. T wants V to stay alive until he gets information out of V. V dies before giving the information.

Was V murdered even though T definitely didn't intend for V to die?

Yes!

How could this be? First, it was an unlawful killing. Second, premeditation can be formed in the twinkling of an eye. Third, the intent is inferred from the underlying felony.

I posted a link yesterday about this. The uncle is going to be charged federally and the Adam Walsh Bill used. It'll be the first time the DP has been applied under this. DP if a victim (child) dies during a kidnapping.

JMHO
fran

I have the court photos saved, but hesitated posting them in case it wasn't him...............BUT, I could post them anyway I guess???

If Brooke Bennett died during the commission of a felony, it is murder no matter what. Whether the guy intended for her to die or not isn't relevant.

Let's say that V, is being tortured by T. T wants V to stay alive until he gets information out of V. V dies before giving the information.

Was V murdered even though T definitely didn't intend for V to die?

Yes!

Here's the VT murder statute:

§ 2301. Murder-Degrees defined
Murder committed by means of poison, or by lying in wait, or by wilful, deliberate and premeditated killing, or committed in perpetrating or attempting to perpetrate arson, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, robbery or burglary, shall be murder in the first degree. All other kinds of murder shall be murder in the second degree. (Amended 1983, No. 28, § 1.)

Absolutely, because T began the initial harm by beginning the torture that resulted in death of V.

Jacques PLANNED the harm he did to Brooke! He is his own star witness with all of the 'preparations' he made!

Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes for the inmates on death row in a federal prison to be executed?

Also, if MJ serves his term in a federal prison isn't that a better type prison than state?

One thing that struck me and AFAIK we have seen no follow up on is: leading to his previous conviction there was testimony that he claimed to have killed a 12 year old girl in Arizona...is the FBI looking into this NOW if it was not done before??

One thing that struck me and AFAIK we have seen no follow up on is: leading to his previous conviction there was testimony that he claimed to have killed a 12 year old girl in Arizona...is the FBI looking into this NOW if it was not done before??

They said it was done before but hopefully they'll go back to it again.

Hello, everyone! I have been reading here every day for a very long time, and am so happy to be able to join in now!

In regard to the autopsy results, some toxological testing can take quite some time to complete, can't it?

I am so pleased to see that these 2 monsters, Jacques and Gagnon, are to be in Federal Court today! I do not know about the rest of the country, but neither cameras or video cameras are allowed in Federal Court down here in La.. Some enterprising reporter needs to get a picture coming in or going out of the courthouse! Does anyone know if there is an underground entrance to the courthouse? Quite often, LE will use the underground entrance if one is available and always for high profile inmates.

Hello LALaw & welcome to WS.....

Also welcome to anyone new who I may of missed welcoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea