Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was living in San Antonio, right? That's a 13 hour drive to Cullman, AL. That's a lot of driving to get on a library computer. I also believe that KG knew or is involved in this somehow.

I think the charges are 2 separate cases.... not related to each other.

So, he was in TX on the 25th, Cullman on the 26th... I wonder why he went there? To try to get rid of evidence of child *advertiser censored* in his house?

Or perhaps dropping off a safe, on his way to VT?

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080707/NEWS/80707003

A federal prosecutor says the Vermont girl found dead last week near her uncle’s home was killed.

Craig Nolan, Assistant U.S. Attorney, made the disclosure at today at a hearing at which the judge ordered the uncle — 42-year-old Michael Jacques — held until his trial on a federal kidnapping charge.

Jacques is accused of kidnapping 12-year-old Brooke Bennett on June 25. After a weeklong search, she was found in a shallow grave about a mile from Jacques’ home in Randolph.

Earlier today, Alabama authorities have lodged child *advertiser censored* charges against Brooke's ex-stepfather.

Federal prosecutors made the charge public as 40-year-old Raymond Gagnon was in court in Burlington on another charge — obstructing justice.

The charges in Alabama are that Gagnon — who was the 12-year-old stepfather for about five years — had child *advertiser censored* stored at his former home in Cullman, Ala.

Federal prosecutors say he also tried to access Brooke’s MySpace account on or about June 26, the day after Brooke was reported missing in Vermont.

Or perhaps dropping off a safe, on his way to VT?

Ooh, good point.
I wonder if the safe has been found since that affidavit and LE is just not releasing that it has been...

According to land records in Cullman, Gagnon still owns the house. And Cassandra Gagnon name is still on it as well.

ETA-----I guess they got a warrant to search that house and discovered the child *advertiser censored* stored there.

I think the charges are 2 separate cases.... not related to each other.

I thought I read in a FOX News link that he accessed Brooke's myspace from a library in Cullman, AL. If so, that is a 13 hour drive from where he was renting a room from KG.

He was living in San Antonio, right? That's a 13 hour drive to Cullman, AL. That's a lot of driving to get on a library computer. I also believe that KG knew or is involved in this somehow.

I wonder if he flew?

I have been thinking a lot about how AR has told she found that note under her pillow when she was 8-9 years old. No way would a child at that age hide something like that from her mother unless something was wrong already then!

I'm now leaning toward Kevin G. being involved in the child *advertiser censored*. If he told LE exactly where he put the safe they can surely track when it was picked up and where that trash was dumped.

Their failure to find this safe after this much time makes me think he lied about what he did with it...the only reason he would lie is that he's involved.

1) He hid the safe

2) He dumped it & they can't find it

3) He dumped it & they DID find it & are busy tracking any & all contacts they find on the hard disk.

If it's #1... I'd think they would have arrested him & help him until he talks.

If it's #2... I'd think there would be appeals to the public to look for & return the safe. Nobody wants to be caught w/ a computer full of CP.... they'd call LE

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080707/NEWS/80707003

A federal prosecutor says the Vermont girl found dead last week near her uncle’s home was killed.

Craig Nolan, Assistant U.S. Attorney, made the disclosure at today at a hearing at which the judge ordered the uncle — 42-year-old Michael Jacques — held until his trial on a federal kidnapping charge.

Jacques is accused of kidnapping 12-year-old Brooke Bennett on June 25. After a weeklong search, she was found in a shallow grave about a mile from Jacques’ home in Randolph.

Earlier today, Alabama authorities have lodged child *advertiser censored* charges against Brooke's ex-stepfather.

Federal prosecutors made the charge public as 40-year-old Raymond Gagnon was in court in Burlington on another charge — obstructing justice.

The charges in Alabama are that Gagnon — who was the 12-year-old stepfather for about five years — had child *advertiser censored* stored at his former home in Cullman, Ala.

Federal prosecutors say he also tried to access Brooke’s MySpace account on or about June 26, the day after Brooke was reported missing in Vermont.

thanks RR!..this was exactly what i was looking for just now, in the media links...last i heard/read, Brooke's death was vague....was wondering when it would become an actual homicide.....have missed a lot of info over the holiday, with working....

if the safe was taken to Alabama that makes Kevin G. a liar and he would/will be facing obstruction of justice charges as well as maybe perjury since lying to the Feds is not the same as lying to police, I think.

this is a link for the "vermont court calendars". It covers all District (criminal) & Family Court's and limited superior courts. If this post should be moved please feel free to do so.

http://www.vermontjudiciary.org/Calendars/IndexCalendars.htm

This site requires registration but provides more detail in terms of charges and attorney names.
https://secure.vermont.gov/vtcdas/user?SUBMIT=Home&CURRSTATE=vt.court.docs.user.gui.Welcome
Dearest Starr,:)
I posted all the info on the thread before this a few days ago. The judge's name, the procecutor's name, Gagnon's lawyer's name and the time and dates.

respectfully,
dark_shadows

From Fox News website...

Raymond Gagnon, 40, is charged with having child *advertiser censored* at his former home in Cullman, Ala., federal prosecutors in Birmingham said in a statement.
According to the statement, Gagnon also tried to access ex-stepdaughter Brooke Bennett’s MySpace account "on or about" June 26 from a library computer in Cullman. June 26 is the day after Brooke, who was 12, was reported missing in Randolph, Vt.

:eek:... I just read an article on Fox News and I did not see the part about accessing a computer at the library. I am probably missing it or read the wrong article. Did you happen to save a link, murdershewrote?

I have been thinking a lot about how AR has told she found that note under her pillow when she was 8-9 years old. No way would a child at that age hide something like that from her mother unless something was wrong already then!

I can see a kid hiding it BUT I really can't see anyone writing such a complicated note to a little kid.

Kids are so easy to scare... you don't need notes with long words that you have to help them sound out. Especially notes that can be evidence that puts you back in jail.

1) He hid the safe

2) He dumped it & they can't find it

3) He dumped it & they DID find it & are busy tracking any & all contacts they find on the hard disk.

If it's #1... I'd think they would have arrested him & help him until he talks.

If it's #2... I'd think there would be appeals to the public to look for & return the safe. Nobody wants to be caught w/ a computer full of CP.... they'd call LE

Or, #4- RG asked him for him and he never really did anything with it.

OK OK, I get your points...I get what you all are saying about victim to victimizer...you all are making sense.

How do you know she just didn't go along because she was so scared and doing/saying all of that in fear for her own life? Trying to please her abuser to save her own skin, or someone elses. Who knows what they have been telling her since 8yrs of age.

We have no idea what this CHILD has been through, IMO. Until we know ALL the facts of her suffering, I still am not ready to blame her with this.

I know it's not OK for abusees to become abusers.....you have to look at the whole picture here. IMO. We don't know why she did and said what she did. I agree 100% she should be held somehow responsible for her part in some way...but she severly needs to be evaluated and I pray the right courses are taken for her.

From Fox News website...

Raymond Gagnon, 40, is charged with having child *advertiser censored* at his former home in Cullman, Ala., federal prosecutors in Birmingham said in a statement.
According to the statement, Gagnon also tried to access ex-stepdaughter Brooke Bennett’s MySpace account "on or about" June 26 from a library computer in Cullman. June 26 is the day after Brooke, who was 12, was reported missing in Randolph, Vt.

I still wonder if MJ and AR are covering for Gagnon and Brooke was taken to Cullman, killed by Gagnon and then transported back to Vermont and buried. Gagnon could have been sexually abusing Brooke or using her in *advertiser censored*. She then threatened to talk and needed to be taken care of.

I don't believe at this point LE know who in fact killed Brooke. Gagnon, Jacques, or Kevin. Maybe a combination of the three. ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173