Detective Melich flying to CA to meet with the Padilla's. Confirmed!!!

Well, Padilla's statement on NG about LE needing to talk to Mark Hawkins hints that the poster that said Yuri might be going to CA to talk to the marine, might have hit the nail right on the head.

Bingo!

Casey had spoken to him SEVERAL times the day before the car was abandoned according to the phone records. That may have been the "hole" in the timeline LP was talking about. I also think he wants to give info to YM about the WW, LR, ZG & KC links. NG asked LP if he thought LE was getting the tips and LP said unequivocally "NO". So I think YM is going to get an earful and the best part of it is, I believe it was WS'ers that brought those myspace links to LP's attention.
It was! Are we allowed to say who it was?! I know, I know!! I think she deserves a little pat on the back...some WSer's really gave her a hard time!

My husband is in the military and I just asked him about civilian authorities questioning service members. He said that they are allowed to be questioned by civilian LE; however, they are advised by their COC (chain of command) that they need to remember that they can request an attorney be present, etc - just like a civilian. It basically works the same as being a civilian, it's just that you are answering to 2 different entities - civilian LE and the military.

My brother-in-law is going through this right now (he's also in the Navy) and he has cooperated with civilian LE and is now going through the process with NCIS (Naval Criminal Investigative Service). His soon to be ex-wife has made outrageous claims against him. Just for laughs: she is claiming he committed adultery (and he didn't according to him) and they have 3 children together - the last 2 are not his, but who committed adultery? :bang:

Would they have returned the computer to her? I would think it is evidence and they still have it.
I think all they needed to do was copy her hard drive and install the key stroke software, and whatever else they wanted. THen let her have at it!

I am glad he is going out there. Remeber how you felt after reading that 400+ pages of testimony about the monetary crimes. Imagine how detective Melich feels after living in the middle of the murder investigation every day for 2 months. I hope he gets his info and some r+r. He has earned it.

I know they may do things differently down there in Orlando, but usually when a Missing Person case turns into a homicide investigation the case is turned over to the Homicide Unit. :waitasec: Has anyone else ever heard of a Missing Person detective keeping hold of a murder case?:waitasec: Aren't homicide detectives rather territorial about their collars?:waitasec: Yuri must be really popular in the OCSD.

snip*
And she apparently told the story to Robert Dick, who was providing security for Casey Anthony. What did she tell you, Robert, about leaving little Caylee in a park with numerous people?

ROBERT DICK, PROVIDED SECURITY FOR CASEY ANTHONY: Well, basically, it just changed a little bit. The story is still kind of the same, but instead of the Sawgrass...

GRACE: The only thing that`s the same is the alleged Zenaida Gonzalez was there. Tell me.

DICK: That`s right. Yes, that she met her at Blanchard Park instead.

GRACE: So let me get this straight. It`s my understanding that you and mom, Casey, were in the car and that she told you she was at the park with Zenaida Gonzalez, her sister, Samantha, Samantha`s children and little Caylee, and that they took little Caylee at the end and said, We`re taking her and we`re giving you a script to read to police and anyone that questions her whereabouts. A script?

DICK: That`s what she related, yes.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0809/08/ng.01.html

TYVM!

See, I am hoping an interview with RD that illicit details like this will further support 'obstruction' charges. I don't know how they work, but I assume that they stand 'as was' when initially charged, but maybe there can be additional obstruction charges by surfacing this story with RD? (I have no idea, I am just offering up examples of why I think an interview with YM and RD is possibly worthwhile.)

Would they have returned the computer to her? I would think it is evidence and they still have it.

They took it, copied everything on it and returned it. Everything from here on in is being recorded. They know everything that is being done on that computer from the way they described their procedure the other night.

I know they may do things differently down there in Orlando, but usually when a Missing Person case turns into a homicide investigation the case is turned over to the Homicide Unit. :waitasec: Has anyone else ever heard of a Missing Person detective keeping hold of a murder case?:waitasec: Aren't homicide detectives rather territorial about their collars?:waitasec: Yuri must be really popular in the OCSD.

It hasn't turned into a homicide investigation.......yet. But, it's about to.

--snipped--

oh I am so hoping!! I'm wondering if it's possible there could of been more going on with Mr. Cali Military man that Casey was wanting to go speak with.. I have absolutely no clue what base he is on or where the Padilla's live.. maybe near each other?:waitasec:
Don't know if this has been answered...base is at twenty-nine palms (according to NG tonite)...Padilla up in Sacramento. Not close, but an airplane ride away.

good job.. (i hate dial up!) and now we have 2 miami sightings, which mention a spanish woman and 3 children.

http://myfloridaroundtable.com/blog/?p=448
September 14, 2008 – 3:00 pm
2 separate sightings of Caylee Anthony in the Miami, Doral / Fort Lauderdale area

Is there a thread for this so I don't get spanked for o/t?
Why didn't they call 911? I would have.

Also, over the weekend I saw a news clip about a 9/11/01 widow and widower who are now a couple. Anyhow, I glanced over and the widow was sitting in the living room with her granddaughter rocking on a little rocking horse, I could have sworn it was Caylee for a split second. Of course I know it wasn't. just sayin'....

But I would like nothing more than to have some credible leads on a live Caylee!

It was! Are we allowed to say who it was?! I know, I know!! I think she deserves a little pat on the back...some WSer's really gave her a hard time!
you mean who posted the connection between all of them, because I know who you mean as well. I dont know if anyone got screen shots connecting LR to ZG on her page. Looks like she was just noticed on NG tonight by LP! I wonder where it will take us??

They took it, copied everything on it and returned it. Everything from here on in is being recorded. They know everything that is being done on that computer from the way they described their procedure the other night.
Sorry if this has been discussed, but do you know where this procedure has been discussed? I know that you can emulate into a computer and watch everything the person is doing, but am curious and would like to read about it. TIA

Well, not all those folks are a lot of hogwash. WW was on the visitor list to see KC in jail.
Originally Posted by kathyn2 View Post
I believe Yuri wants to talk about all those initials below too but I believe that LP knows those folks are all hogwash. I think LE is trying to put together where Casey got her ridiculous story from and they can do that with LP's help because I believe LP investigated and talked with all those initialed people already. They have nothing to do with this case. KC used them to invent her story. She has drug more innocent people thru the mud. LP is going to help YM alot with all of this hooey.

I think there's a lot less "hooey" here than you might think! Some really bizarre things started to happen among all these initialed ppl once a certain WSer made a few calls, sent a few emails, and got the ball rolling!
:woohoo:

I wonder if the detective could also be meeting with the Marine in California that Casey wanted to go visit. Maybe they want to talk to him, too.

I think it's likely. Or, WILL be likely.

--snipped--

oh I am so hoping!! I'm wondering if it's possible there could of been more going on with Mr. Cali Military man that Casey was wanting to go speak with.. I have absolutely no clue what base he is on or where the Padilla's live.. maybe near each other?:waitasec:

There's a big base in 29 Palms. Nasty desert area.

you make a valid point! maybe they are still considering it a missing person's case? Not sure. It is quite possible and crazy, but what if LE has been leading the media and the public on to believe things are not as they are to keep Caylee safe while they try to find her. Far fetched? Or me just hoping?? LE lies to the public all the time to keep their investigation under wraps. I keep saying that LE feeds the media what they want, knowing media will twist it. I have listened to a couple of the detectives saying stuff about dna, but still havent confirmed for us. so until I have that confirmation, my ears and eyes are open.

If I remember correctly, it has been brought up several times by several WS'ers that always thought there was something to it but it was continuously shot down by others that didn't believe it had anything to do with the case. It was actually pursued by a few, I'm sure because they knew there was something to it, but couldn't quite make the pieces fit. If you go back through the threads, you will see that those few managed to paint a picture. Those few that went to the chat room that night and tried to explain it and LP asked questions, he started to see it and his ears perked up. I think someone even called him to explain more clearly. I'm so glad LP was able to see it and even mentioned it on NG tonight. Keeping my fingers crossed it brings about some answers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back