Nancy Grace - 10/17/08 - Friday

What does not seem to click with you about the story?

I'm not buying this guy's story either. If he did try to contact authorities some time ago, I'd like proof of that. But it just seems odd that he's coming out at this time, talking about a woman in a straw hat and sunglasses that looked like Casey, carrying a shovel and a bag BACK to the car, looking hurried. It just so happens that the guy's friend wouldn't stop.

He says the male companion was "pretending to fish". How did he know the guy was pretending to fish? Let's imagine that conversation... "OK Casey, I have to look busy. I'll bring a fishing rod. And I'll wear my dress clothes to confuse passers-by."

My husband and I discussed this, and we both believe this "new witness" is just trying to jump on the bandwagon.

The one thing that makes me pause with this guy is the red sunglasses. If he were really just trying to insert himself into this story, wouldn't you think he would have said,
"white sunglasses"? That's all we have seen on tv, until someone dug around and found the pic of her with the maroon ones. It makes him seem a little bit more credible. JMO

The one thing that makes me pause with this guy is the red sunglasses. If he were really just trying to insert himself into this story, wouldn't you think he would have said,
"white sunglasses"? That's all we have seen on tv, until someone dug around and found the pic of her with the maroon ones. It makes him seem a little bit more credible. JMO

I tend to believe this man's story for the most part. I think he really did see someone, now whether or not that person was Casey it's hard to tell.

I see wire rimmed glasses with tinted lens. When I think of red sunglasses I'm thinking the frames are red. I don't know why the guy would refer to the lenses.

If this is true, it is his interpretation. The lenses were reddish-so he describes them as red. This is witness is a man not a woman, so describing the glasses as red makes more sense. I will assume he was focusing more on what she was doing as well. He is supposedly, watching a woman w/ a shovel and bag. I know I would be more focused on, what the hell that girl is going.

Originally Posted by RR0004
I see wire rimmed glasses with tinted lens. When I think of red sunglasses I'm thinking the frames are red. I don't know why the guy would refer to the lenses.
Because he is a guy?! :p

very good point. he also, states that she was wearing a straw hat not a baseball hat. he could have described her the same as the other witness but didn't.
i still think that we need to look @ older pics of her to see if she owns a straw hat. i am thinking the straw hat that was popular a few years back-that kind of looked like a cowboy hat but made of straw-denise richards sported this look a lot.

I have ALWAYS thought somebody... somewhere had to have noticed something... It isn't like KC and her car were invisible.... interesting... took long enough to come out ... even with all of the media....

I have ALWAYS thought somebody... somewhere had to have noticed something... It isn't like KC and her car were invisible.... interesting... took long enough to come out ... even with all of the media....

ITA! And for most it just doesnt dawn on them until later that they saw something "fishy".

She abandoned her car around June 30th, correct? Besides using TL's car when he was in NY, how did she get around? How did she explain to everyone where her car was for those 2 weeks?

She abandoned her car around June 30th, correct? Besides using TL's car when he was in NY, how did she get around? How did she explain to everyone where her car was for those 2 weeks?
AL thought her dad picked up the car from Amscot and it was being repaired. As far as how she was getting around after that...I am not sure. :waitasec:

After leaving the car at Amscot, she told her friends GA was going to pick it up. The following week TL was in NY and she had the use of his car. Then Amy went to PR and she used hers. She was crashing with friends at this time, with so many roommates she should have been able to get around.

After leaving the car at Amscot, she told her friends GA was going to pick it up. The following week TL was in NY and she had the use of his car. Then Amy went to PR and she used hers. She was crashing with friends at this time, with so many roommates she should have been able to get around.

Thanks, that makes sense. She had to know those days were numbered as far as being confronted about her car, she was going to have to face up to that in the very near future. So what was her excuse going to be to her parents about abandoning her car for almost 3 weeks? Especially when it wasn't "broken down", it had only ran out of gas. I don't recall the A's or LE ever even asking her that question.

Thanks, that makes sense. She had to know those days were numbered as far as being confronted about her car, she was going to have to face up to that in the very near future. So what was her excuse going to be to her parents about abandoning her car for almost 3 weeks? Especially when it wasn't "broken down", it had only ran out of gas. I don't recall the A's or LE ever even asking her that question.

Quite a few people here have speculated she was hoping the car would be stolen. Perhaps that was why she left her purse in the car.

Quite a few people here have speculated she was hoping the car would be stolen. Perhaps that was why she left her purse in the car.

And she waited 3 weeks to report it stolen? What about telling TonE L that it her dad had it and it was being repaired?

In my opinion this witness did the right thing and he's being pretty courageous putting himself out there. He evidently called LE several times and left the info on the tip line, but never heard back. He waited and waited. Finally he came out publically. I give him kudos. And I believe his story.

When NG spoke to the LE guy last night he didn't deny the tip could've come in. Although he wasn't with the same dept. he still backpedeled. He could have easily said there was no such tip. Instead he said, well, LE is super busy with tons of tips and even if they received it and started investigating they might not have returned his call. I call phooey on this. If they took him seriously they would've interviewed him already.

Face it, he looks like someone on the edges of society. He's not a professional looking guy. And his speech is kind of rough. I don't fault LE. These things happen probably more than we know! But the info is out there now and you'd better believe LE is on it.

I say... hooray for this guy. He knows he'll be questioned and possibly ridiculed but he did it anyway. Sometimes you just have to push ahead and that's what he did. This could be very important for the case.

I've lost track with all the excitement recently. Is there a reward for tips leading to the discovery/recovery of Caylee?

I wonder if they could get any fingerprints from the railing of that bridge?

I'm wondering if this guy perhaps isn't much of a TV watcher. He was collecting scrap metal from the sideof the road. This doesn't seem like someone one top of the latest news...like other posters I'd like to know what statement the driver of the car the tipster was in has made. I doubt it was GA with KC if it was her...his white hair would stand out and you'd think the tipster would have said a well dressed white haired man, not just a well dressed man...I haven't heard what his version of well dressed is... If KC borrowed the neighbors shovel would it have been just for burying Kaylee in the sand box and then purchasing another shovel from sears for the second burial? Or if as a lot of posters think, if her body was fed to the crocodiles or alligators, no shoverl would have been necessary??? If this witness did see KC (I don't believe he is insinuating himself into the case) then there is hope that she did bury kaylee and therefore the body may be better preserved for forensic testing...JMO I really think the second person may be LA because it's hard to imagine another person outside this family who could keep their mouth shut or stay out of the public eye for so long......

ITA. I'm still confused though about whether the car was actually out of gas when it was towed away. If the car was stolen then any evidence would be blamed on the car thieves...creating reasonable doubt. Has anyone heard if there were surviellance cameras around the Amscot? I'm sure if there were its been made public and I'm sure WS's know the answer.....

Can anyone help me out here? I've never been able to figure out the status of this one point.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thenationpublishersuk
Back