She's close to..."home", "hope", "holts"...

Yeah, I just caught the other thread about the neighbors names. Sorry to derail the thread, everyone! :bang:

Are you saying the 'neighbors' names in 4701 and 4709 contain Zenaida and Gonzales? Ive listened to that recording and slowed it down , sped it up and it is Holt in my opinion - not even close to home. When Lee asks her just prior "Do you think Caylee is okay?" her response is first to ramble about who she has already spoken to the day befofre and then to say "My gut tells me .... but then says "if that changes I will let you know? ... I think that whole dialog was to indicate where the body might be located and that it was still there and if someone were to move it she would let him know. .... more strange. Its now easier to connect dots when knowing where the trail started and ended ... some of the questions I had prior to finding the body are getting answered.

I hear she's close to home...I have listened many times, and it just sounds as if she is speaking in a nasal tone, but the rounded M sound at the end is clear to me...She just enunciates the ending silent E ho-muh...That is my 2 cents.:)

Sounds more like "Hoaks" to me, but I have crummy speakers. Is anybody good enough at lip reading to watch her mouth for this phrase?

I haven't even listened to it, but that makes sense with "Hoaks" as a short form of "Hidden Oaks."

Unfortunately that also reminds me of the word "HOAX." :eek:

I would think that if we loop this portion of the recording using something like Audacity software we may be able to hear what the perp really said.
I am not that tech savvy, so don't ask. LOL

I'm so sorry, but she said Hope. I listened to it about 10 times and heard hope no doubt.

Are you saying the 'neighbors' names in 4701 and 4709 contain Zenaida and Gonzales? Ive listened to that recording and slowed it down , sped it up and it is Holt in my opinion - not even close to home. When Lee asks her just prior "Do you think Caylee is okay?" her response is first to ramble about who she has already spoken to the day befofre and then to say "My gut tells me .... but then says "if that changes I will let you know? ... I think that whole dialog was to indicate where the body might be located and that it was still there and if someone were to move it she would let him know. .... more strange. Its now easier to connect dots when knowing where the trail started and ended ... some of the questions I had prior to finding the body are getting answered.

Yeah, the neighbors names are what I was talking about. I went to MSN address lookup to try and find a "Holt" or similar (see previous posts for explanation, lol), and stumbled across that (Zen--- and Gonz---) and rushed to post without noticing that there is a whole other thread on the same topic. Oops! :crazy:
Anyhow, regarding the bolded portion of your post, I totally agree. That would indicate that if someone else were to move the body, she would let LA know....
and the plot thickens...

OMG step away from the screen, come back & read through the threads...4 pages of holt, hope, halt, holp, etc... Can anyone be sure that there are no men LTAO behind a glass window, as we are all players similar to Truman? Are they sending us different versions of the tape to make us looney? :crazy:
:rotfl:

I'm so sorry, but she said Hope. I listened to it about 10 times and heard hope no doubt.

i'm doing the same as you and still getting 'holt' :waitasec:
we need someone with the necessary equipment to clean up the recording ....
anyone??

I only hear HOLT. I clearly hear the "L" and "T". I believe she's saying H.O.ELT.

I have listened repeatedly as many of you have. IMO she is just using a nasally tone, and also a very sarcastic tone ie. "As Mom asked me yesterday, and even Jose asked me last night, the psychologist asked me this morning". I think she is trying to make the point (Lee you are the fourth person to ask me this in two days and my answer is STILL the same". What I hear her enunciating is "She's close to homb". The kind of end sound you might make if your nose was stuffy.

Then she says "Again, if that changes, I'm mean obviously I'm gonna reach out and say something immediately". My interpretation on that is that she is saying (Don't ask me that again. If it changes I will call you and tell you, but don't ask me again) In other words, don't call me, I'll call you. She is sick and tired of being asked the same questions over and over, but she is in no position to sound TOO testy about it, especially to Lee.

If it is Holt

She made a quick dump, probably slightly buried the child in tall sawgrass just off the road. She grabbed a paver step from the backyard of her house to either weigh the child down or mark the spot in her own small goodbye.

When confronted by LE, she knew she buried her in sawgrass with a step paver there. She knew she buried/dumped the body behind and in between the Gonzalez home and where Zanaida lives. So, in an effort to keep the story straight in her mind and to weave a bit of truth in, she told them that she left her with Zanaida Gonzalez at the Sawgrass Apts and when she returned to pick her up she sat on the steps for awhile because she wasn't there. Adding Holt makes sense, as I think she gave many clues. Little clues here and there that nobody caught.

jmo - it sounds like she is stuffed up to me... throughout the whole conversation.

"close to home" is still a weird way to phrase her "gut feeling" though.

I suppose that there is some small consolation in the fact that regardless of what she said "home", "hope", or "holt"...She was telling the truth! (Unless she said something completely different that none of us have managed to decipher yet...LOL)

Common abbreviations:

LT = Lot
ELT = Extended Learning Time

Hidden Oaks Elementary Lot (Parking lot? Lot of land?)

Hidden Oaks Extended Learning Time (After School Program?)

I think LE needs to check local acronyms.

I agree that it doesn't sound like the "mmmm" sound at the end of the word. But I don't believe she is saying Holt. To me, it sounds like someone who has a stuffy nose (from crying maybe?) making that slight "p" sound that happens when you try to end a word with "m" but can't breathe while you are making the "m" sound. Does that make sense?

MOO

i always thought she was saying close to "home"....after listening to this over and over for the past 5 minutes, my ears are hearing close to "Holt"...to whomevers ears caught this...great job, now I want to go back through ALL of the calls...:rolleyes:

/I'll need lots of coffee

HIDDEN OAKS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
H-O-ELT-S

if you add an additional E: HOELETS it makes the name sound silly.

just to add some fuzz to the mix:

"backwards" = t-the l=lot (or land) o=off h=hopespring

Wow....just....wow! I listened to the clip, and it sounds nothing like "home" stopped up or not. I kept thinking, when I was about to listen, that I was gonna be impartial and really try to make out the word home, but it just wasn't there! It definitely sounded like "holt" to me. I don't even really think it sounded like hope. I wonder if it was an unconcious slip from her?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519
Back