Nancy Grace Friday 1/16/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO - RK had mentioned that the area was snake infested and to back that up he had said that "they" (IDK who they was) had recently come across a dead rattler or had killed a rattler and he had a picture of it - That's it - that's all - no big snake conspiracy.

See how people can say something so out of context and next thing you know - the ME is dissecting a rattler for remains (never happen) or doing toxicology tests on it.

The snake has nothing to do with anything!

Kind of like that kid's game where someone whispers in the next persons ear all the way around the circle and the last person says it out loud? And it is totally wrong? Anyone? That is so how things happen in circumstances like this. Believe only the things you see, and so forth. :waitasec:

Not that I have any love for Susan Smith, but at least the police were finally able to break her when they confronted her with all her lies, and she finally confessed to the crimes she committed. KC will never confess.
And IIRC it only took 5 days for her to crack.

I believe that area is snake infested, no need for a picture to prove it. IMO

I somewhat question this. The crime scene was teeming with CSI. I never heard a report of any searcher or official getting bitten in the Caylee case. I know snakes were seen in various areas. I'd guess there are snakes in those woods where Caylee was found - but the term "infested" gets used too much for dramatic effect, IMO.

LOL. In this case literally innocent. Who murdered that snake? ? ?

But the snake is a character in this drama. Probably the reason LE didn't look harder in there when RK started talking about rattlesnakes. The only reason he probably saw that snake was because it was DEAD. They'd prefer to stay away from us as much as we want them to stay away from us.

Are you sure about that? I live so deep in the country, and I swear, I spend more time climbing a limb, on the roof, on the back of the couch, on top of my SUV, because during the summer, I swear I see one a week, and its almost like its me they come out for just me...
Maybe they just like my reaction..lol..
I have a creek that runs about 100 yards from my house so we see the moccasins all the time.. Did I mention that I am scared to death of them?:eek:

I somewhat question this. The crime scene was teeming with CSI. I never heard a report of any searcher or official getting bitten in the Caylee case. I know snakes were seen in various areas. I'd guess there are snakes in those woods where Caylee was found - but the term "infested" gets used too much for dramatic effect, IMO.
And this was supposed to be an area where Casey and her pals hung out ~ I can't see that if it was riddled with deadly snakes! MOO

Some people (like me:crazy:) would consider 2 snakes as "infested" :eek: But I know what you're saying!

I believe LE and CSI have some type of "fogger" stuff that they spray and it repels the snakes (keeps them away) But this was in December and snakes tend to be less mobile in the winter - kinda like a hibernation type thing - its not that they don't come out - they just don't come out THAT much.

Are you sure about that? I live so deep in the country, and I swear, I spend more time climbing a limb, on the roof, on the back of the couch, on top of my SUV, because during the summer, I swear I see one a week, and its almost like its me they come out for just me...
I have a creek that runs about 100 yards from my house so we see the moccasins all the time.. Did I mention that I am scared to death of them?:eek:

Yep - and you better watch those maccasins - they are very deadly - much more than rattlers. And that is the point here too - the area is swampy - rattlers don't really like swampy areas - IMO there were probably more cottonmouths (moccasins) in there than rattlers anyway.

LOL. What a vivid picture I get of you climbing on top of your car!! Yes, I'm sure. A "racer" might chase you. And are you sure they are moccasins? Could they be Water or Queen snakes? Maybe you walk too softly. Stomp on your way to the car and around the yard. Snakes don't hear but pick up vibrations. Why are you jumping on your couch - are they in the house too? If they are you need a cat to get rid of the mice that are attracting the snakes!

I had a friend growing up who was bitten by a rattler, he almost died. His leg was the most sickening thing you could ever see. It looked burned, yet all the flesh rotted so it was like skin on top of bone, almost like he had this huge dent in his leg from the venom.
I am curious now, if there were other animals around the body right after she dumped it, could a snake have bit the body in attempt to get another animal? Could this show during autopsy? Is is possible that the ME could identify this immediately with the bones if in fact a snake was found near her body?

The only way a snake would be involved was if it ate something that ate off the body--then they could remove the snakes stomach contents and test it to see what was eaten by what the snake ate...did that make sense? Or did I confuse it even more?!

So if whatever ate off the body was eaten by the snake and it killed it then there would be a level of something that they could possibly tie back to the body/crime scene etc

But having missed that part of NG I will have to go back and watch it so I can find out exactly where a snake came into the mix and whether it's relevant or not.

LOL. What a vivid picture I get of you climbing on top of your car!! Yes, I'm sure. A "racer" might chase you. And are you sure they are moccasins? Could they be Water or Queen snakes? Maybe you walk too softly. Stomp on your way to the car and around the yard. Snakes don't hear but pick up vibrations. Why are you jumping on your couch - are they in the house too? If they are you need a cat to get rid of the mice that are attracting the snakes!
There was an old lady who swallowed a fly...............

need cat to kill mice cause mice attract snakes - lol

I'm watching the video right now and she says I can't do anything from here or sitting on the couch breathing. I can't do anything for my KC. :waitasec:

I rewound it to be sure I heard it right. :eek:

It's right around the 11 minute mark.

God help me! I want to hear that......but I don't know if my head can handle watching that again. I just recovered from seeing it last night!

Finally something I know a little about...
Snakes would avoid the noise and movement. They are just as afraid of us as we are of them. All that commotion would send them into hiding or a safe place to hide. Smoke and mirrors is correct. Grasping at straws IMO>

The only way a snake would be involved was if it ate something that ate off the body--then they could remove the snakes stomach contents and test it to see what was eaten by what the snake ate...did that make sense? Or did I confuse it even more?!

So if whatever ate off the body was eaten by the snake and it killed it then there would be a level of something that they could possibly tie back to the body/crime scene etc

But having missed that part of NG I will have to go back and watch it so I can find out exactly where a snake came into the mix and whether it's relevant or not.

Technically this could happen, but I think extremely unlikely and WHICH snake? But this could definately work with daisy chain.

I PRAY that Caylee was already sedated before casey killed her! However, I wonder how often Caylee did see that kind of rage in casey's eyes. (shudder)

Considering that Casey was controlling herself here because she was aware the media could see the tape, I have no doubts that little Caylee saw much, much worse than this in her short life, and saw it often. Poor little baby. I think this may be a big part of why Caylee was so entertaining - that she had already learned to try to 'calm Mommy down' and keep her from getting angry. Her grandparents probably taught her to do it.

MOO

The only way a snake would be involved was if it ate something that ate off the body--then they could remove the snakes stomach contents and test it to see what was eaten by what the snake ate...did that make sense?

Yes, except the part about a rattlesnake eating something off the body. That would never happen, even if the person had just died.

I'm not watching the show, but just reading the comments. This stuff about examining dead snakes at the scene for evidence is ridiculous.

This past summer, we pulled 4 oak snakes out of our house. One was in a big broiler that I only use to cook big pots of soup, one was under the bathroom sink, one was in the fireplace and another was laying in my hallway. We have learned the pattern however, across our road is a field that is used for farming. Each time they sprayed the field during the summer, within a few days, we would find a snake. After talking with the owner, he started warning us when he was going to do it time enough for us to lay out sulfur. We didn't see anymore after the warnings, so we assumed it was something in those chemicals. I was also told that because all around us is nothing but sunshine, and our yard is the only shade for around 1 mile both sides of the road, that they are looking at my yard for coolness in the shade..lol we are working now on having several trees cut down before this summer comes.

Finally something I know a little about...
Snakes would avoid the noise and movement. They are just as afraid of us as we are of them. All that commotion would send them into hiding or a safe place to hide. Smoke and mirrors is correct. Grasping at straws IMO>
ITA - BUT down here we are now dealing with a real problem concerning snakes. Seems the Everglades is becoming overrun with pythons - BIG HUGE PYTHONS - 15 - 20 footers. NOW THOSE GUYS - they don't run from anything. There was a pic circulating the net a while back - seems a python ate a gator, the gator wasn't dead and when it got "inside" the python it started thrashing and "broke through" the python - killed them both. The picture was very strange - at first you can't tell what it is - it looks like some kind of monster. lol

But these pythons are competing with the gators in the glades for food and seems they are winning - they are a non-indigenious species and no one knows what to do. They are multiplying very rapidly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member