When this is All Over...Whose Book Would You Want to Read the MOST?

Yuri for sure.

I'm a serious fan. :crazy:

John Allen too. Anybody mentioned Judge Strickland? Don't know what judges can and can't divulge but I'd love to hear something from him too, maybe when he's retired! "The truth and Ms Anthony are strangers" should go into Bartlett's Famous Quotations imo. Love that man.

Shadow, I just finished a wonderful true story written by the judge who handled the custody case which turned into a murder case. I found the story of the little girl online and checked it out. I ordered the book from the judge, he autographed it for me and wrote a little info inside. It was very interesting and heartbreaking also.

Book: TUG OF WAR The Kelsey Smith-Briggs Story
Written by Craig Key

You really can't imagine until you read what can happen in a family over a child. It broke my heart what happened to Kelsey because of two families fighting over her. Google her name. Just the Youtubes broke my heart. But I guess after everything is over, judges CAN write their version of what they feel happened.

I wouldn't want to read any books written by anyone on the list. All any of them has done is cause confusion and disruption to investigators. I might read a book written independently by a well known crime writer. If Cindy ever admits things and writes a book about her life over the years and during the case, I might like to read her book if it is truthful and covers problems about living with a troubled and sociopathic kid.

Even if she were to admit to things, I'd have a very hard time believing it was the truth. I feel she stretches things in her favor or the way wants it to be rather than reality. IMO

A book written by Juliette Lewis, she seems to have been the closest to Casey.

No, seriously, I would read a book written by a serious source who has serious and first hand knowlege of the case. John Allen, Melich or K Belich, for example. Anybody from the family would just spill out more lies, using the book as a medium to sanctify Casey.

For people who would only read a book written by someone they believe to be credible:

The book written by someone who is shady, guilty, or criminally complicit can be one of the most interesting books on a topic. Just buy it used on Amazon or check it out from a library.
Better-known examples:
Diane Downs' Best Kept Secrets invites the reader into her psychopathic mind-- she's sanitizing the truth, but she has no idea how aberrant and inappropriate her disclosures are. OJ Simpson does the same thing, essentially. A lot of criminals have their own websites where they, or a family member, share their version of the truth. It can be fascinating and very illuminating to see their skewed versions of reality.

A book written by Penny, the Anthony family Cat.

:)

I'd read them all, because each would tell a different story.

I would read Annie D's book, but only if it came out right now..I'm dying to hear what she knows. If the books were free I would read anyone's book, I wouldn't pay for the nonsense half of them would write though. JMO.

I hope that if a book were published that Tim M. could have some input and receive some of the proceeds. I think he would have some good insight on the searches and the case in general. I like the attorney representing Equusearch also, Mark NJ.

Well, if I'm forced to read a book about this case, I would choose one by the OCSO detectives, Allen and Melich. I believe their accounts would be the most honest and accurate.

I'm not interested in Anthony family lies.

Although he is not on the list, I would like to read a book by Judge Strickland, entitled "Through the Motions: How I kept a straight face."

Well, if I'm forced to read a book about this case, I would choose one by the OCSO detectives, Allen and Melich. I believe their accounts would be the most honest and accurate.

I'm not interested in Anthony family lies.

Oh, me too, definitely :clap::clap:! Maybe we can ask them to co-author!:rolleyes:

I would LOVE to read about this case from THEIR perspective.

I believe Diane Fanning, a true crime writer, is actually doing a book on this case already. I have read one of her books and she writes well.

Although he is not on the list, I would like to read a book by Judge Strickland, entitled "Through the Motions: How I kept a straight face."

:) I'll pay for that one, too. Doubt I could keep a straight face reading it though.

But once it's all over, wouldn't you want to read a book by someone like Yuri? Read all the behind the scenes stuff? What he thought when he first met Casey? What they did to put everything together, the process they went through, the things we didn't see in the investigation? I find those kinds of things so interesting.

I was fascinated by Ann Rule's book about Diane Downing because of the extra story of the detective who adopted her two other children. How he worked the case, how he felt, his "lightbulb" moments, ect...very good book.

I have had enough of KC and CA- Nothing more about them that I care about- Just want Justice for Caylee and never want to hear about the rest again.

I do not choose to read a book by any of the people listed. I would love to read one by Yuri, but he cannot write a book about a case he has investigated and still reamin on OCSO. It would indeed be a tremendous loss for them if they ever lost Yuri! (and wife)

Instead, I think I would like to have a trial transcript! That is the 'real deal'. Then I would have it to refer to if Casey ever got an appeal!

:crazy:........... Of course I would never spend the tremendous amount a transcript would cost, so I will just continue to follow WS!

Shadow, I just finished a wonderful true story written by the judge who handled the custody case which turned into a murder case. I found the story of the little girl online and checked it out. I ordered the book from the judge, he autographed it for me and wrote a little info inside. It was very interesting and heartbreaking also.

Book: TUG OF WAR The Kelsey Smith-Briggs Story
Written by Craig Key

You really can't imagine until you read what can happen in a family over a child. It broke my heart what happened to Kelsey because of two families fighting over her. Google her name. Just the Youtubes broke my heart. But I guess after everything is over, judges CAN write their version of what they feel happened.

Angelfire, thx so much for this info. I will check into this story, and also hope that the Hon. Stan S. considers someday sharing his insight on our little Caylee's case...:blowkiss:

I wouldnt read a book by any on the list, but if the juror's write one , as in the SP case, I would probably buy and read it. Amazing how we couldnt wait for the book 'For Laci' compared to how we feel about a book from CA. No comparison, but of coarse we knew we would hear the heartfelt truth from Laci's mom imo.

I would love a book based on info from the OCSO detectives that handled this- similar to the "helter skelter" book written about Manson from the detectives POV.

Would Yuri and OSCo really get fired for contributing to a book about this case? Guess I'll hope I'm still around when they retire-maybe they could do it then....

Ann Rule said on her website that she has received hundreds of emails requesting a book about this case, but she says she won't write one. She said it is too high profile. She said the only really high profile case she ever wrote about was Ted Bundy...the one that got her started.

I absolutely love Ann Rule and read her books as soon as they come out. I may be mistaken, but I thought that Ann also wrote a book about the Diane Downs case which was pretty high profile. Plus she wrote about Gary Ridgeway, the Green River Killer, which was also high profile. I wonder why she wouldn't consider a book about Caylee????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko
Back