When this is All Over...Whose Book Would You Want to Read the MOST?

Who is Friday?:confused:

Friday is a WS poster who also happens to be an author. I don't remember her name, but I know she revealed herself on one of the threads.

I absolutely love Ann Rule and read her books as soon as they come out. I may be mistaken, but I thought that Ann also wrote a book about the Diane Downs case which was pretty high profile. Plus she wrote about Gary Ridgeway, the Green River Killer, which was also high profile. I wonder why she wouldn't consider a book about Caylee????

I am also curious about this, I have all of Ann's books in my library, purchased most at Amazon for under one $ each, used, but in perfect condition. I live just a few blocks from the Or. State Prison where D.Downs escaped from. Sorry O.T..

A book written by Juliette Lewis, she seems to have been the closest to Casey.

No, seriously, I would read a book written by a serious source who has serious and first hand knowlege of the case. John Allen, Melich or K Belich, for example. Anybody from the family would just spill out more lies, using the book as a medium to sanctify Casey.

*bolded by me*

I tend to disagree. Shirley and Rick seem (ed?) more than happy to try to force CA to accept reality...from the time KC was pregnant ("She'd have to have sex to be pregnant" although CA is a nurse and KC was so far along her navel was inverted) to the disappearance of Caylee, and beyond. I truly believe Shirley and Rick were immune to KC's lies and could offer a deeper perspective on the family dynamic.

I am also curious about this, I have all of Ann's books in my library, purchased most at Amazon for under one $ each, used, but in perfect condition. I live just a few blocks from the Or. State Prison where D.Downs escaped from. Sorry O.T..

I'm a big fan of Rule too -- I love it when her books are released as audiobooks so I can listen while I clean :)

I try to read her blog and any interviews she gives. From what I've read, she's become more firm in her stance against writing about high-profile cases. She also said she wouldn't write another book about a serial sexual sadist again because the Gary Ridgeway case was so difficult to write about.

Rule explains her position re: Caylee's case in this excerpt from her blog. (and gives a little update on Diane Downs...)

I've been flooded in another way--with requests to write about Caylee and Casey Anthony. This is one of those cases that the media grabbed and has held onto, printing and showing every possible clue, theory, photo, and bit of gossip that they can dig up. I truly believe that there will be absolutely nothing new to write a book about when the case is finally over. This is a case very much like the story of Diane Downs who I wrote about in Small Sacrifices. It is the story of a mother who thinks only of herself, is a histrionic, narcisstic, sex-driven, sociopath. Only Diane shot THREE children, and her lies were a little different. Those of you who know me understand that I'm always looking for cases that have NOT been wrung dry in the media.I want to preserve a little mystery, some suspense, something to discuss with your friends and your sisters and mothers. Poor little Caylee has ended up being BIG NEWS and everyone has taken as many pieces of her memory and her tragedy as they can get. Unless someone should approach me with entirely new news, I won't consider writing about the Anthonys. I would appreciate it if any of you see suggestions on the guestbook about my writing this case, please refer the writers to this blog? Diane Downs came up for parole on December 6th after 25 years in prison, and she hasn't changed at all--except to get crazier-sounding. Now, she claims to have married an FBI agent in 1981, to have found the answers to her daughter Cheryl's murder in a book on angels, and, like O.J., she wants to get out of prison to find the person who shot Christie, Cheryl, and Danny. But Diane shot them. Just as Casey killed Caylee. Murderous mothers are so difficult for normal mothers to understand, but they are out there. Susan Smith is another one--and she drowned her two little boys 10 years after Diane shot her children. I don't blame truly psychotic mothers--they aren't aware that what they are doing is wrong. But mothers like Casey and Diane believe that the rules, laws, ethics, the rest of us live by don't apply to them. BECAUSE THEY ARE SPECIAL AND DESERVE TO HAVE WHAT THEY WANT, NO MATTER WHO GETS HURT... Frankly, as the mother of five, I don't think I could bear to write the story of Caylee's death....

I'm a big fan of Rule too -- I love it when her books are released as audiobooks so I can listen while I clean :)

I try to read her blog and any interviews she gives. From what I've read, she's become more firm in her stance against writing about high-profile cases. She also said she wouldn't write another book about a serial sexual sadist again because the Gary Ridgeway case was so difficult to write about.

Rule explains her position re: Caylee's case in this excerpt from her blog. (and gives a little update on Diane Downs...)

I've been flooded in another way--with requests to write about Caylee and Casey Anthony. This is one of those cases that the media grabbed and has held onto, printing and showing every possible clue, theory, photo, and bit of gossip that they can dig up. I truly believe that there will be absolutely nothing new to write a book about when the case is finally over. This is a case very much like the story of Diane Downs who I wrote about in Small Sacrifices. It is the story of a mother who thinks only of herself, is a histrionic, narcisstic, sex-driven, sociopath. Only Diane shot THREE children, and her lies were a little different. Those of you who know me understand that I'm always looking for cases that have NOT been wrung dry in the media.I want to preserve a little mystery, some suspense, something to discuss with your friends and your sisters and mothers. Poor little Caylee has ended up being BIG NEWS and everyone has taken as many pieces of her memory and her tragedy as they can get. Unless someone should approach me with entirely new news, I won't consider writing about the Anthonys. I would appreciate it if any of you see suggestions on the guestbook about my writing this case, please refer the writers to this blog? Diane Downs came up for parole on December 6th after 25 years in prison, and she hasn't changed at all--except to get crazier-sounding. Now, she claims to have married an FBI agent in 1981, to have found the answers to her daughter Cheryl's murder in a book on angels, and, like O.J., she wants to get out of prison to find the person who shot Christie, Cheryl, and Danny. But Diane shot them. Just as Casey killed Caylee. Murderous mothers are so difficult for normal mothers to understand, but they are out there. Susan Smith is another one--and she drowned her two little boys 10 years after Diane shot her children. I don't blame truly psychotic mothers--they aren't aware that what they are doing is wrong. But mothers like Casey and Diane believe that the rules, laws, ethics, the rest of us live by don't apply to them. BECAUSE THEY ARE SPECIAL AND DESERVE TO HAVE WHAT THEY WANT, NO MATTER WHO GETS HURT... Frankly, as the mother of five, I don't think I could bear to write the story of Caylee's death....

Really glad you posted this, I hadn't read Ann's blog in a while.

What a great summation of the case coverage and the case, in short form. (That talent is why she is an famous author, and most of us are not.) I like how she succinctly differentiated between psychotic mothers and sociopaths.

O.K., here is my choice........I have been a true crime buff for years. It all started when I first read a book about the Albert Desalvo the Boston Strangler. I would love to read a book written by Ann Rule with insights by LP. I am curious about all that has gone on behind the scenes.

Me Too. I have all Ann Rules books. The first book I read was small sacrifice/Diane Downs. She got Diane personilty right on target. After watching inview with Ann and Diane I was shocked how Ann's writing show Diane personality. I don't think Ann will write this book A less she show up up at Trial. One thing I would not read anything LP had to say.(sorry) I think that Ann would use the insights of LE and family member and friends.

I think I would read all of them if I could find them at a used book store, or borrow them. I definitely wouldn't buy them off the shelf and contribute to any of their pocketbooks.

I would read books by all of them.....

I think I'd want to get all their views and feelings... Maybe then I'd understand more of what happened... The reactions, the comments, the regrets, their inner thoughts....

Not that I would believe EVERYTHING but I think there's some truth that would come through...

When this is ALL over...if everyone writes a book...whose would you want to read the MOST?

1. Casey Anthony

2. George Anthony

3. Cindy Anthony

4. Lee Anthony

5. Amy H.

6. Leonard Padilla

7. Jose Baez

8. Yuri Melich

9. John Allen

Sorry...I can't remember how to post a real poll thingy!

I definitely go with Yuri. I think it would be absolutely fascinating.

The only one I MIGHT buy/read is Yuri Melich's.

Although he is not on the list, I would like to read a book by Judge Strickland, entitled "Through the Motions: How I kept a straight face."

this is fabulous.

Although he is not on the list, I would like to read a book by Judge Strickland, entitled "Through the Motions: How I kept a straight face."

That was great!

I would vote for KC, if she wrote a book on "alternative cosmetics and beauty remedies" just to see if she stole ideas from the rumors thread.:crazy:

Diane Fanning, the author under contract to do a book about this case was interviewed on Dennis Griffin's Blog Talk Radio show tonight. You can listen to the show here.

Fanning says that her book is going to be entitled Mommy's Little Girl.

Fanning also states that "verdict or no verdict," her deadline for book completion is May 1.

Mommy's Little Girl will be released by St. Martin's Press on November 3, 2009.

I would buy a book written by Mark Furhman on this case or YURI!

I read Mark Fuhrman's "Murder in Greenwich" about the murder of Martha Moxley, neighbor to the Skakel family (cousins to the Kennedy family). He did an excellent job with that book and it was highly readable.

I would definitely buy a book written by Mark Fuhrman, as he would be objective as an outsider. He would likely interview all those involved, in putting the book together, plus his credentials as a retired detective would allow for an in-depth look at the case investigation. He would have a common bond with Yuri and John Allen and be able to fill in a lot of the small details in the investigation.

I read Mark Fuhrman's "Murder in Greenwich" about the murder of Martha Moxley, neighbor to the Skakel family (cousins to the Kennedy family). He did an excellent job with that book and it was highly readable.

I would definitely buy a book written by Mark Fuhrman, as he would be objective as an outsider. He would likely interview all those involved, in putting the book together, plus his credentials as a retired detective would allow for an in-depth look at the case investigation. He would have a common bond with Yuri and John Allen and be able to fill in a lot of the small details in the investigation.

Fuhrman's book was based, in large part, on the findings of a stolen investigative report and criminal profile generated by a private firm, for what it's worth. I'm not a fan of Mark Fuhrman.

One of the books I actually wouldn't pay to read would be a book by Mark Fuhrman.

I also don't think Melich and Allen would necessarily feel a bond with the former detective whose alleged racism/misogyny and perjured testimony may have helped OJ Simpson secure an acquittal.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,3604,728010,00.html
http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/Simpson/Fuhrman.htm

I bet the Moxley book is good and I bet he'd write a good book about this case, but I just can't get behind Fuhrman.

Diane Fanning! I can't wait to read her book on this case.
She's a great author and will be fabulous on this kind of case! ^i^

Not sure if I'd want to read a book about this case unless it was truly written without bias. I would only want to read true facts. I know I would definitely not purchase a book that was written by anybody from KC's family, nor would I purchase one her friends wrote.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back