FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
it isn't illegal, 17-24 is within the age of consent range for Florida

I'll quit the 'age issue' after this one. Someone earlier posted the Florida law stating it was 'under the age of 24'. So it's a technicality I suppose. Anyhoo, I really hope someone finds this child b4 the night is over. If the gf did something to this child, I am concerned the bf will go nuts on her.

I know that I am new here but I just can't bite my tongue any longer.

Maybe many of you have grown up in a perfect world with perfect parents who supported you in most everything you do. I don't think this young woman had that perfect world.

Do we know if she has gotten her GED? Do we know why at 17 she isn't living with her parents? Do we no if she is a mature 17 or maybe mature beyond her years?

In the not so perfect world maybe where she is living right now is better for her than her parents. I have seen too many young people with unstable parents not able to finish high school or unable to handle highschool. However I hire many of these young people, lost souls is what I call them, and many times they do a better job for me than some of the older people. Right now I have a 17 year old male who just moved out of his unstable home and is much better for it. He has gotten his GED.

How is a 17 year old suppose to act? It appears that everyone is questioning her except LE who has cleared her. How would you act reading the things we have about her? I wouldn't look into the camera either. In fact I wouldn't know how to handle it. Maybe she is hiding something, maybe not, but to accuse her to me is unfair.

I am sorry but I work with these young people everyday and have for the past 22 years....I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt.

IMO it appears that all involved are a little unstable to say the least.

Sorry, I must have missed that..when was she cleared? Last I heard, they were not ruling out anyone?

When my daughter was born she had some medical problem which caused me to get VERY little sleep. My other child was two and I fell into a deep sleep and he climbed out of his window into the back yard and I didn't know. When I woke up, I didn't know how long it had been and he was just gone. I never imagined he would unlock the window and climb out and I was insane frantic. I ran outside screaming bloody murder and was totally embarrassed when I found him in the back yard in front of everyone up and down the block. He was missing under 10 minutes. It seemed like an eternity. I can't say that I wouldn't use the same language if in his position.

My twin brother and sister were less than a year younger than I (there were four of us under five). My parents had recently installed sliding chain locks at the very top of each outside door. The twins were less than two years old.

One a.m my mother got up to start the day and happened to glance out the window. The twins were outside; in diapers, playing in the snow!

When my mom went to the door, she saw where they had pushed a chair to the door; climbed up; unchained the door ... and escaped!

Florida

The age of consent in Florida is 18, but close in age exemptions exist. By law, the exception permits an adult younger than 24 to engage in legal sexual activity with a minor aged 16 or 17.

794.05 Unlawful sexual activity with certain minors.-- (1) A person 24 years of age or older who engages in sexual activity with a person 16 or 17 years of age commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, "sexual activity" means oral, anal, or vaginal penetration by, or union with, the sexual organ of another; however, sexual activity does not include an act done for a bona fide medical purpose Florida code, Title XLVI, Chapter 794

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_North_America

Hm. Several past cases of murdered children involved a non-custodial parent who no longer wanted to pay child support...

There have been. And some have taken out life insurance policies on their kids.

IMO, the bio mom is dangerously close to losing public sympathy for using Hayleigh's disappearance to get in digs at her ex. Espcially if their custody battles have nothing to do with nothing.

I know that I am new here but I just can't bite my tongue any longer.

Maybe many of you have grown up in a perfect world with perfect parents who supported you in most everything you do. I don't think this young woman had that perfect world.

Do we know if she has gotten her GED? Do we know why at 17 she isn't living with her parents? Do we no if she is a mature 17 or maybe mature beyond her years?

In the not so perfect world maybe where she is living right now is better for her than her parents. I have seen too many young people with unstable parents not able to finish high school or unable to handle highschool. However I hire many of these young people, lost souls is what I call them, and many times they do a better job for me than some of the older people. Right now I have a 17 year old male who just moved out of his unstable home and is much better for it. He has gotten his GED.

How is a 17 year old suppose to act? It appears that everyone is questioning her except LE who has cleared her. How would you act reading the things we have about her? I wouldn't look into the camera either. In fact I wouldn't know how to handle it. Maybe she is hiding something, maybe not, but to accuse her to me is unfair.

I am sorry but I work with these young people everyday and have for the past 22 years....I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt.

IMO it appears that all involved are a little unstable to say the least.
All good points. She is young and I can understand all that goes along with that. I, for one, will refrain from judgement from now on unless more information pointing to any involvement comes out.

Sorry, I must have missed that..when was she cleared? Last I heard, they were not ruling out anyone?

yes, that's right AND she's the only one that has been given 2 polygraph tests. That is highly suspicious to me.

Maybe she's an emancipated minor. I haven't heard anything about her parents.

Yesterday, it was reported that she was at her families house. Today, the first interview with her this morning (on the news4jax website) there was a woman sitting beside her, which I'm assuming was her mom.

I believe if she is over 16 it is legal. Laws vary by states. 16 is how it is in most states, despite the expression "I'm legal now" when you turn 18. I was dating a 23 year old when I was 17, so I know for a fact that in California it is legal if the age gap isnt bigger than 5 years.

I don't know the laws, but I can tell you that I have the DISTINCT impression that it is the M.O. of bio mom and g'ma to make dad look like an incompetent . JMO, of course.

I think it's to get their digs in at the dad and has nothing to do with Hayleigh's disappearance. Waste of time and not necessary IMO.

OMG! I don't know how you all do it.... I have been trying to keep up with these threads ALL DAY.... had to run to get some ice and garbage bags... come back and there is a new 14 page thread! CRAP.... I am so lost.....

THANK YOU ALL FOR KEEPING US UPDATED!
(*we really need a fourm for Haleigh*)

I don't have my own opinion on this just yet...

What does this mean, exactly? Is LE thinking she hasn't been there for 30 days, or am I misunderstanding something??
Maybe checking computer files for last 30 days. Bio mother said she saw the kids within the 30 days. They visit with the Bio mother, I think every other weekend.

Yesterday, it was reported that she was at her families house. Today, the first interview with her this morning (on the news4jax website) there was a woman sitting beside her, which I'm assuming was her mom.
Oh thank you. :) I missed that!

No, its frustrating. I've been scouring every news clip there is for confirmation and there is none. Someone earlier posted that LE might be 'avoiding' the question in order not to spook them into lawyering up. That's my suspicion too. I haven't had my hinkey meter off the GF from the moment this started.

I agree with you about the GF. I believe that if there had not been some question about her first lie det. test, why would they ask her to take a second one. Secondly, did anyone notice that she always closed her eyes when she was asked about the sleeping arrangements, and other things that are not clear? This is an indication she may be lying. I have a theory, which is MHO. Maybe the GF got mad at Haleigh and knowing she was scared of the dark, walked her down to the water (where the dogs may have hit), and left her there. Being young (and maybe stupid) and thinking Haleigh could find her way back home, she left her there. When GF got home, she propped the back door open with the block, and went to sleep and forgot about Haleigh. Just me speculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abcdowpp1