WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #7

Thanks Jennifer and McCleary, There is a better photo than the one Norm linked to that shows the cab with the window half way down and it looks like tinted glass to me. I know nothing about cars tho. xox

Yep - see? *That's exactly why I needed many more pairs of eyeballs to look at this! I am so glad ya'll are here! Thank you!!!! I either thought tinted or really dirty - and it is difficult to see exactly how high/low it rides etc - and I could not blow the pics up to take a better look at them because of my crippled mouse situation (which is *not likely to improve tonight, thank you - because when I made a "cricket-run" an hour ago (son has Gecko's) - I forgot batteries (*duh!)

Mods - I apologize it this is not allowed, but I think it is since it is a free program.

For those that need a decent free photo editor, I use Picasa 3.
http://picasa.google.com/
It's nothing like what you will get from Photoshop or one of the other big names, but it's not bad for free.
Thanks! I have been looking for something like this for awhile. Mods don't mind helpful hints especially when the word "free" is involved! ;)

Welcome to posting, LadyBugSTL~ Partial photographic memory...Wow! We can sure use one of those around here! Thanks for spotting the truck. Amazing~ Keep posting and forget about lurking!!

While the truck may not look like a "low rider", it may have looked lower to the girl if there were three 18 yo males riding around in the back of it. It only said they jumped out of the truck...didn't say from where. LE should be advised of the photos just in case they could also pull video from somewhere during the timeframe that JVK was in town shooting them. ;) They need a license plate number.

Probably has nothing to do with anything, but in this photo there looks to be a 17-19 yo possibly behind the counter of the Harley shop.

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/...y-800/Set01/?action=view&current=DSCF2094.jpg

You know - you are right about the person behind the counter! Eagle eyes! :) Thank you - but a partially photographic memory isn't all it's cracked up to be - when you want to count on it - you can't - what you *do wind up doing - is picking up all sorts of bits of info, kind of like lint - some you can use - some you can't :).

Because the vehicle in question was found in JVK's pics, I pm'd JVK letting them know what was going on - and asking if it was ok for me to submit them to both tip lines, or - as they were their pics and they had more knowledge of them, when they were taken, etc - if they wanted to turn in the tip themselves. I was not sure what the proper WS protocol would be given that situation since the pics were already posted on our WS site - but did not want to overstep any boundaries. I'm so darned happy to be here I didn't want to be tossed into detention my very first day! :)

What I *would like tho and *soon - is to find *answers......I know all too well what it is to lose a child and how fragile and precious each and every one of them are. We just have to know *something......

You know - you are right about the person behind the counter! Eagle eyes! :) Thank you - but a partially photographic memory isn't all it's cracked up to be - when you want to count on it - you can't - what you *do wind up doing - is picking up all sorts of bits of info, kind of like lint - some you can use - some you can't :).

Because the vehicle in question was found in JVK's pics, I pm'd JVK letting them know what was going on - and asking if it was ok for me to submit them to both tip lines, or - as they were their pics and they had more knowledge of them, when they were taken, etc - if they wanted to turn in the tip themselves. I was not sure what the proper WS protocol would be given that situation since the pics were already posted on our WS site - but did not want to overstep any boundaries. I'm so darned happy to be here I didn't want to be tossed into detention my very first day! :)

What I *would like tho and *soon - is to find *answers......I know all too well what it is to lose a child and how fragile and precious each and every one of them are. We just have to know *something......
Once upon a time I had a fabulous memory problem, too. (Men hate it when you can quote them verbatim from years ago and tell them what they were wearing/doing/time of day at the particular moment when they said something stupid. LOL) It can be a blessing or a curse. :eek:

You did great following "protocol" since we really don't have anything set up as the proper way to respond to tips here. :) You handled it perfectly.

We are darned happy to have you and will try to keep you out of the detention room. So far so good!

Gibby in RSO in and around McCleary made mention of a group in Montesano being referred to as SOSA, supposedly SO's who actually meet together on a regular basis.

To quote Gibby...
Anyway, there's a sex offender social group that gathers in Montesano to talk about stuff, get "fixed" (barf), and what have you. It's called SOSA.

It appears that JenniferO has been doing some sleuthing about on this. To quote her:

SOSA must not be an "official" thing. Must be a something the SOs have put together themselves? Can you get more info? Like where they meet, what days, times? Anything?

No one I know is talking about it here in Montesano.

I was hoping that someone here might have more information about this "group" as I cannot find anything online about it and it's slightly disturbing that these people actually may be gathering together as a group, plotting and planning.

I hope I am not crossing any lines by sharing this information here in this forum as well, I simply think that if there is any veracity to some group like this, so close to McCleary, that it should be shared around the forums. I would also like to find out more about this group if it actually exists.

There is also a link provided by coastal to the Thurston County Sheriff's office that lists offenders in and around the area...a disturbing total of 417! I was flabberghasted.

http://www.icrimewatch.net/results.php?SubmitAllSearch=1&AgencyID=54490

:eek::eek:

Please delete this post if I'm breaking protocal by sharing information from another forum area that I believe should be shared here as well, just in case some here do not visit the other forums.

SS said:
(Men hate it when you can quote them verbatim from years ago and tell them what they were wearing/doing/time of day at the particular moment when they said something stupid. LOL)

:boohoo: LOL

Gibby in RSO in and around McCleary made mention of a group in Montesano being referred to as SOSA, supposedly SO's who actually meet together on a regular basis.

To quote Gibby...
Anyway, there's a sex offender social group that gathers in Montesano to talk about stuff, get "fixed" (barf), and what have you. It's called SOSA.

It appears that JenniferO has been doing some sleuthing about on this. To quote her:

SOSA must not be an "official" thing. Must be a something the SOs have put together themselves? Can you get more info? Like where they meet, what days, times? Anything?

No one I know is talking about it here in Montesano.

I was hoping that someone here might have more information about this "group" as I cannot find anything online about it and it's slightly disturbing that these people actually may be gathering together as a group, plotting and planning.

I hope I am not crossing any lines by sharing this information here in this forum as well, I simply think that if there is any veracity to some group like this, so close to McCleary, that it should be shared around the forums. I would also like to find out more about this group if it actually exists.

There is also a link provided by coastal to the Thurston County Sheriff's office that lists offenders in and around the area...a disturbing total of 417! I was flabberghasted.

http://www.icrimewatch.net/results.php?SubmitAllSearch=1&AgencyID=54490

:eek::eek:

Please delete this post if I'm breaking protocal by sharing information from another forum area that I believe should be shared here as well, just in case some here do not visit the other forums.

It's possible that there's a group therapy session that's private, known only by the SO's and their PO's...I knew a guy once who was convicted of 3rd degree assault with sexual intent, which requires him to register, and part of his parole was attending both group and private therapy sessions which were set up by the therapist and given only to the SO's. He wasn't allowed to discuss what happened at the group sessions but could talk about his personal therapy.

Geez all this sex slavery stuff is so scary to think about :(
Has anyone seen the movie "Taken"?
The movie is all about that stuff.
It made it seem so real.
I really hope that's not what happened to Lindsey :(

It's possible that there's a group therapy session that's private, known only by the SO's and their PO's...I knew a guy once who was convicted of 3rd degree assault with sexual intent, which requires him to register, and part of his parole was attending both group and private therapy sessions which were set up by the therapist and given only to the SO's. He wasn't allowed to discuss what happened at the group sessions but could talk about his personal therapy.

This is probably why the local police, correctional officers and probation officers I know aren't giving me any info. They probably aren't supposed to say anything. It's more than likely a safety/privacy issue.

Thanks McCleary, I never even considered that angle, maybe it's just some psychological gathering of SO's. Unfortunately, if that is the case then it's also a place where sex offenders meet one another and the potential for exchanging addresses if it's a group thing, something that could turn out to be nasty since "group" dynamics can be powerful, either positive or negative, depending on the group focus.

Oh and SCANDI.....
Thank you for the nice words yesterday :)
So I have another story that happened tonite...
I swear this place has changed me and the way I look at other people...
Tonite we were eating out for supper....
While we were there I noticed a man sitting tight beside as all by himself...
I have to admit that just how he looked kinda creeped me out and made me think "SO".
I know that is bad and I started to feel a little guilty
But soon after, I looked at him and noticed him staring at two of my kids.
My daughter and my son.
I looked beside me at my son and he looked so scared.
He's 10 years old but he immediately grabbed my arm and I said
"Is that man staring at you?"
He said "Yes I think so!" and he sId he was really scared.
I told him to just let me block him from his view for now.
And then I noticed him definately looking at my daughter.
I wrote a note and slid it to my husband across the table.
Then the guy got his stuff to go and took off.
I told my kids they could not go tobthe bathroomsby themselves tonite.
:(
My son said he really thought he saw them in the gift shop later after we were done eating. :(
He better not have been!!
Just sharing with you guys.....

This case bothers me. How likely is it that a 12 year old FEMALE jumps off a bridge in December's weather to commit suicide? I just don't see it happening.

They did find a suicide note at the bridge at the time that Kylie went missing. Her autopsy also revealed that she died of drowning. Of course, someone could have drowned her and then forged the note...but I'm not sure how likely that is, either.

Here is the WS thread on Kylie: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78265&highlight=kylie+ellis

Thanks McCleary, I never even considered that angle, maybe it's just some psychological gathering of SO's. Unfortunately, if that is the case then it's also a place where sex offenders meet one another and the potential for exchanging addresses if it's a group thing, something that could turn out to be nasty since "group" dynamics can be powerful, either positive or negative, depending on the group focus.

If any of their PO's were to find out they were in contact outside of group, their probation would probably be nullified and they'd go serve more time. The only time they were allowed to be in contact was at the meetings. The only knew each other's first names and city of residence, nothing more. My friend said there were people in his group in Olympia from Shelton, Seattle, Oly,...pretty much most of western washington.

Hi there, LadyBug!!!

1Welcome.gif

I've uploaded higher res versions of the pictures mentioned:

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff92/BGL78/McCleary02/DSCF2092.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff92/BGL78/McCleary02/DSCF2094.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff92/BGL78/McCleary02/DSCF2095.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff92/BGL78/McCleary02/DSCF2098.jpg

The drivers side window is partially rolled down & not tinted. - Not matching description.

FYI all pictures are available in an even higher res but that's the max size on a free photobucket account

Oh and SCANDI.....
Thank you for the nice words yesterday :)
So I have another story that happened tonite...
I swear this place has changed me and the way I look at other people...
Tonite we were eating out for supper....
While we were there I noticed a man sitting tight beside as all by himself...
I have to admit that just how he looked kinda creeped me out and made me think "SO".
I know that is bad and I started to feel a little guilty
But soon after, I looked at him and noticed him staring at two of my kids.
My daughter and my son.
I looked beside me at my son and he looked so scared.
He's 10 years old but he immediately grabbed my arm and I said
"Is that man staring at you?"
He said "Yes I think so!" and he sId he was really scared.
I told him to just let me block him from his view for now.
And then I noticed him definately looking at my daughter.
I wrote a note and slid it to my husband across the table.
Then the guy got his stuff to go and took off.
I told my kids they could not go tobthe bathroomsby themselves tonite.
:(
My son said he really thought he saw them in the gift shop later after we were done eating. :(
He better not have been!!
Just sharing with you guys.....

Both of my kids were teenagers before I let them go to a public restroom alone. My husband or I accompanied them or they were with a buddy. Never alone. I still have trouble with either of them being outside the home alone.

When you're informed about the dangers, it completely changes you because you know that in a split second your life and the lives of those you love can be taken from you.

I've uploaded higher res versions of the pictures mentioned:

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff92/BGL78/McCleary02/DSCF2092.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff92/BGL78/McCleary02/DSCF2094.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff92/BGL78/McCleary02/DSCF2095.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff92/BGL78/McCleary02/DSCF2098.jpg

The drivers side window is partially rolled down & not tinted. - Not matching description.

FYI all pictures are available in an even higher res but that's the max size on a free photobucket account

This may not be the truck but I don't think the similarities of those missing girls is a coincidence. It wouldn't surprise me at all that this stalked the streets of McCleary for his next victim. They're just spread out enough not to draw attention to each other.

It may not have anything at all to do with Lindsay but a chill ran up my spine when I read about all of those cases.

If any of their PO's were to find out they were in contact outside of group, their probation would probably be nullified and they'd go serve more time. The only time they were allowed to be in contact was at the meetings. The only knew each other's first names and city of residence, nothing more. My friend said there were people in his group in Olympia from Shelton, Seattle, Oly,...pretty much most of western washington.
I see several problems with getting them together and telling them not to see each other outside of the sessions. This isn't like AA where people want the help and are there to support each other in a positive way.

1. Pedos are drawn to other pedos for obvious reasons. Photo sharing is only one reason.

2. are obviously doing a poor job of keeping track of them. What is the likelyhood they would ever know if one Pedo is hanging out with another one? Not very, imo.

3. Demand of compliance and the threat of doing more jail time is not going to prevent them from acting on their impulses should the opportunity present itself. What would make them believe it would prevent them from seeking out other pedos from these meetings after hours?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80
Back