FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking you were more likely to hear the thud that a honk. lol
I tell ya, coming from a small town to driving in NOLA is a shock.
We don't have 1 way streets here. Several of your neighbors honked at me!! lol

Yep, those one ways are a beotch! Glad you made it home safely though. didn't "flick" anyone off did ya?:dance:

No Halloween for offenders in Somer's neighborhood
Last Update: 7:02 pm
<snipped>
Local law enforcement officers say more than 100 offenders live within a five mile radius of Somer's home. By law, they aren't allowed to participate in Halloween. They can't decorate, answer the door, dress up in costume or hand out candy. They also have to turn their lights out and close their blinds.

Parents are encouraged to visit FDLE’s website at: http://www.flsexoffender.net to search for sexual offenders and predators in your area and sign up for alerts that notify you when a new registered predator or offender moves into your neighborhood.

Video: Halloween Ban 10/29/09 02:05
Parents in Orange Park are going to be extra careful when they take their kids trick-or-treating this Halloween
http://www.actionnewsjax.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=34457@wtev.dayport.com&navCatId=5

Video: Justice for Somer: Inside the Investigation 10/29/2009 02:28
THE CLAY COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE IS GETTING HELP IN THE INVESTIGATION FROM FEDERAL AGENCIES, THE U.S. MARSHALS, AND THE FBI
http://www.actionnewsjax.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=34450@wtev.dayport.com&navCatId=5

Article:
http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...mers-neighborhood/E1LW_WIeqESuMnpN5X32rg.cspx

:angel:

Jeez, sorry, I seem to be blathering but I just had a thought, I wonder if Somer went to use the washroom in the Park that day? Anyone know if the have gender specific washrooms? I'm sure they do but the creep could have been in the Park, just waiting...

No but I got flicked off a lot I'm sure. lol

The fact that LE wants everyone on the alert seems to be a generic comment when something like this happens. I just hope they have way more info to go on, like mail in the garbage etc. so they can pinpoint her last whereabouts. I can not remember how long DNA results take .

If they had DNA, it would be back by now, murdered 7 year olds take priority in labs. I don't think they have any!!!:banghead:

My thought is, if they said he was likely injured, they have his blood. JMO

ETA: I think they do have DNA and I'm starting to think they know who did it.

Re: the restroom @ the Park, it was stated that LE spent about 6 min ther, to pick up a bag or....something , does anyone recall this? It was like they knew something was there.

On HLN they said a purse was found at the park and evidence found in the mens restroom at the park. Not sure if they meant the purse or not, they said each things in different sentences.

Jeez, sorry, I seem to be blathering but I just had a thought, I wonder if Somer went to use the washroom in the Park that day? Anyone know if the have gender specific washrooms? I'm sure they do but the creep could have been in the Park, just waiting...

On HLN they said mens restroom but how sure that report is who knows.

Yikes here I go again. To me the profile of this monster would be one that prefers girls of a younger age than those who are pre pubescent or early teens. I know girls mature earlier than they use to.

While I was skimming very fast trying to catch up, I think I read a post that said something along the lines of perp may have been injured. To me, that says they found a good bit of blood.

Thanx Minnesota. That was me.
But I think in your post is the original pic. The one we posted earlier is labelled "Second Sketch".

You know if you throw that first sketch in with those other 3 pics and the sketch you can still see alot in common and it kind of blends all the pics together.

I hate to be hard on LE, but I feel their lack of openess with the public is hurting them, they need to tell us how she died and what evidence they have collected to stir public anger. IMO, Stirring public anger= people mad and on the lookouteven more. I get the sense that this investigation is at a stalemate until more evidence is released??

But keep in mind, they always know more than they tell us they know. IMO

Other towns DT lived in in AL
Madison, AL
Jasper, AL
Oakman, AL
Huntsville, AL

I'd love to know where these Alabama references came from - I searched Ancestry.com and only got TX, SC and FL so far... Do you have dates for those? Thanks!

An "updated" composite sketch of the perp who killed Shannon. I wanted to post the pic for future reference.

That looks more like CWG to me than the other sketch. Wow. Can someone line them up side-by-side?

No Halloween for offenders in Somer's neighborhood
Last Update: 7:02 pm
<snipped>
Local law enforcement officers say more than 100 offenders live within a five mile radius of Somer's home. By law, they aren't allowed to participate in Halloween. They can't decorate, answer the door, dress up in costume or hand out candy. They also have to turn their lights out and close their blinds.

This is exactly why we sit right out on our front porch to hand out our goods. We get to meet the kids and their parents, and keep an eye on the kids that aren't supervised.

That and I told hubby if we make the house dark and pretend we aren't home, the neighbours will think we're SO's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti