FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is something I thought was interesting.. Might give you sleuthers something else to sleuth ....

This LE office sent this info to Clay County.. thinking it might hook into finding Somer's killer....

http://www.albanyherald.com/Search.asp?SearchBox=1&TM=70196.45

ALBANY - Convicted sex offender Kenneth Kellam, 36, was arrested at about 2:20 p.m. Monday in connection with attempting to entice schoolboys into harm, a Dougherty County School System police official said.

Kellam went to 14th Street near the Northside Elementary School to meet two boys, said Julius Phillips, assistant school system police chief.

Because there are juveniles involved and the nature of the possible crime, the names of the boys and their mother are not being used in reporting.

"The mother intervened, and we were five seconds behind the mother," Phillips said. "We haven't charged (Kellam) yet. We have him in jail on a 72-hour hold. He will most likely be charged with two attempts of child molestation, attempting to entice a child and failing to register as a sex offender."

from 10/29/09 article

he Dougherty district attorney confirmed today that Clay County, Fla., sheriff's investigators and the FBI have been made aware of the arrest of a man here who Edwards thinks could be linked to the death of a Florida girl, though the prosecutor says there is no evidence directly linking him to the girl.

Dougherty District Attorney Greg Edwards said that his office has forwarded the information to the authorities in Florida on Kenneth Kellam, who was arrested here Tuesday after following two elementary school boys home. Edwards says it's "geographically feasible" that Kellam could have a connection to the death of Somer Thompson in Florida.

LE hasn't even said that there was a sexual assault in the murder of Somer, and I don't really understand why they wouldn't say if that happened. People do need to be alerted even though most probably suspect that is what happened without being told.

I found this question from Tuba in the Astro thread...

The Clay triangle dream in Clay County is of interest. Also, it is most unusual to find the Part of Fatality, the Part of Fortune and Neptune all together at 23°Aquarius. Neptune will help direct us to this killer. For anyone who resides in Orange Park, are there sand boxes or sand piles in the play section of the park across the street from the vacant house that once was burned?

edit: there's an echo in here. lol

I just drove over there, it looks like the park is part of the OP Athletic Assoc, like an attached playground. It is directly across from the vacant house. Brought my camera but there were ball games going on and CCSO vehicles parked with officers in them. It did not look as if there were any sandboxes but there were cars blocking my view.

I will go over there again tomorrow after work, hopefully I can get a couple of pictures for you. The vacant house is 2.1 miles from my house. Closer than I thought.

I'd love to know where these Alabama references came from - I searched Ancestry.com and only got TX, SC and FL so far... Do you have dates for those? Thanks!

No, I'm sorry,no dates, but original info is on Intelius.

That looks more like CWG to me than the other sketch. Wow. Can someone line them up side-by-side?

They got the half lidded, stoned, sleepy look down, thats for sure.

Places DT Has lived. CWG and or Shannon Paulk case places of interest
COLUMBIA, SC Lexington County, SC
MADISON, AL Northport, AL
FAIRBORN, OH
HARRISON TOWNSHIP, MI Lansing, MI
INDIANAPOLIS, IN
KILLEEN, TX Bandera, TX
FAIRFIELD, OH
SHEPPARD AFB, TX
ORANGE PARK, FL Orange Park, FL

Is he following her?

There was a SAP in Detroit MI in 1993 and in Charlotte NC 1996 (the distance b/t Charlotte and Columbia/Lexington SC is even closer than Detroit is from Harrison Township and about the same as Harrison Township to Lansing). What are the dates here? Trying to see if there's a connection b/t SP and CWG. Just my own brain needing to look into this...

Here is something I thought was interesting.. Might give you sleuthers something else to sleuth ....

This LE office sent this info to Clay County.. thinking it might hook into finding Somer's killer....

http://www.albanyherald.com/Search.asp?SearchBox=1&TM=70196.45

ALBANY - Convicted sex offender Kenneth Kellam, 36, was arrested at about 2:20 p.m. Monday in connection with attempting to entice schoolboys into harm, a Dougherty County School System police official said.

Kellam went to 14th Street near the Northside Elementary School to meet two boys, said Julius Phillips, assistant school system police chief.

Because there are juveniles involved and the nature of the possible crime, the names of the boys and their mother are not being used in reporting.

"The mother intervened, and we were five seconds behind the mother," Phillips said. "We haven't charged (Kellam) yet. We have him in jail on a 72-hour hold. He will most likely be charged with two attempts of child molestation, attempting to entice a child and failing to register as a sex offender."

from 10/29/09 article

he Dougherty district attorney confirmed today that Clay County, Fla., sheriff's investigators and the FBI have been made aware of the arrest of a man here who Edwards thinks could be linked to the death of a Florida girl, though the prosecutor says there is no evidence directly linking him to the girl.

Dougherty District Attorney Greg Edwards said that his office has forwarded the information to the authorities in Florida on Kenneth Kellam, who was arrested here Tuesday after following two elementary school boys home. Edwards says it's "geographically feasible" that Kellam could have a connection to the death of Somer Thompson in Florida.

Because I am pretty close to this town, and this town gives our "local" news, I can tell everyone here that this man will likely not face charges for anything in Albany..
Albany Georgia is one of the worst towns for slapping SOB's like this on the wrist..the mother should have took matters in to her own hands to get any justice served on this fool!

I know in Florida sometimes people have to pay for thier water and it gets cut off sometimes?Does someone know if the vacant house had water on in it when they were renovating it.Did they have to clean up in the restroom across the street?

I know in Florida sometimes people have to pay for thier water and it gets cut off sometimes?Does someone know if the vacant house had water on in it when they were renovating it.Did they have to clean up in the restroom across the street?

Great question!

I would say it was off... due to fact owner lives out of town.. would be so much damage if something broke and NO one at the house.. I would say they went across the street... jmo

I just drove over there, it looks like the park is part of the OP Athletic Assoc, like an attached playground. It is directly across from the vacant house. Brought my camera but there were ball games going on and CCSO vehicles parked with officers in them. It did not look as if there were any sandboxes but there were cars blocking my view.

I will go over there again tomorrow after work, hopefully I can get a couple of pictures for you. The vacant house is 2.1 miles from my house. Closer than I thought.

Wow, Gatorchick, thanks for "going that extra mile"!:dance:

LE hasn't even said that there was a sexual assault in the murder of Somer, and I don't really understand why they wouldn't say if that happened. People do need to be alerted even though most probably suspect that is what happened without being told.

This is true. If Somer's murder was caused by a perp other than a sexual predator, than one could assume it was someone who was close to her. Not all SO's kill their prey. So..wouldn't this narrow down those who are presently in the system?

I would say it was off... due to fact owner lives out of town.. would be so much damage if something broke and NO one at the house.. I would say they went across the street... jmo
What kind of renovations were they doing and how long had they been doing it for?

I was thinking it could have been a viscous beating, but why would they assume male suspect?

The lack of statements about the evidence also makes me wonder if no stranger. But then that would mean press conferences are being used only to make killer feel secure and slip up.

This case is baffling...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member