FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the point is that she changed her profile pic. So, if she went through the trouble to change the picture - people are wondering why not the status.

Note: Picture went from 3 women to a picture of 2 women.
My opinion is that LE has either confiscated or is in control of Diena's computer.
Anyone who accesses it would have to have her password, etc, and would show as if it were Diena.
And MOO is that while LE will be accessing and patrolling her MS/FB, they would NOT be changing her mood settings.

goodness, I hate all this talk about the mom's dress for the funeral...who CARES??? god forbid I would be in that position, but I can tell you, many of my clothes my not be low cut, but with large ones..clevage is always present....and not really much need for turtlenecks in FL. geez, what does that say when someone is scrutinizing the mother of a dead childs dress attire?

Remember Erin Brockovich? (Can't remember how to spell her name?) Actually, Erin's personality type much reminds me of what I've seen of Deina. Outgoing and strong and ready to take on whoever gets in the way.

As I said many threads ago, I think we'll see more of Deina. I hope she becomes a larger than life figure in the fight against child abduction. But first, we need to help her find Somer.

But I'm pretty sure they all want us to learn from what happened to them, otherwise what's the point? I'm sure that not every child taken could have been 100% prevented, but why not stack the deck in your favor so to speak??

So we are back to blaming the mom for Somer being killed by a monster?

Is this now a thread on keeping your child safe pointing the faults out of the mother that led to somer's demise?

I just don't know where this sleuthing is going.

DNA clears just about everyone that is known to LE right at this moment.

Mark my words, the monster is an unknown.

JMO.

I hope they catch him soon.

I may have missed something but is there a story on dna being made public at this time?

Remember Erin Brockovich? (Can't remember how to spell her name?) Actually, Erin's personality type much reminds me of what I've seen of Deina. Outgoing and strong and ready to take on whoever gets in the way.

As I said many threads ago, I think we'll see more of Deina. I hope she becomes a larger than life figure in the fight against child abduction. But first, we need to help her find Somer.

I think you are right on there. She has that something to become a force.

I know there was some effort made to find the quote a woman made about "looking in the trash" or words to that effect.
While looking for something unrelated, I stumbled across this post by harleysnana in thread #3 on 10-21-2009:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4322499&postcount=253"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL-Somer Renee Thompson, age 7, missing from Orange Park, thread #3[/ame]

On this link there was a lady that was interview that drove Somer to school that
morning.
She was asked what day the trash is picked up and I though she said Wednesday and
that when she got up today to leave for work around 8:30 am that they had already
collected it… then made some comment like “that may be a hint… take it as you wish”
Did anyone else see and hear this?
Also…. the sheriff was just interviewed and said that the trash was picked up on
Tuesday.
http://www.news4jax.com/video/15505198/index.html

The video link doesn't work for me - it brings up a live feed.I've looked at videos on that site made prior to the 21st and still can't find it.
Arrggg... I wonder if it was pulled.
Maybe someone else will have better luck.

I know there was some effort made to find the quote a woman made about "looking in the trash" or words to that effect.
While looking for something unrelated, I stumbled across this post by harleysnana in thread #3 on 10-21-2009:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL-Somer Renee Thompson, age 7, missing from Orange Park, thread #3

The video link doesn't work for me - it brings up a live feed.I've looked at videos on that site made prior to the 21st and still can't find it.
Arrggg... I wonder if it was pulled.
Maybe someone else will have better luck.

I wonder if she was being sarcastic, maybe the empty cans were sitting right there by the reporter?

http://www.news4jax.com/video/21360276/index.html

I have been rehashing the events that have taken place in this case. I reviewed this presser with DT and Sheriff B. (before Somer's remains were found). A few things I found rather odd, if 50,60,70 kids walk home each day with Somer and her sibs as per DT, surely one of the children would have noticed something. ( 5 min) in to the video DT is asked questions by the Press. DT stated that her oldest son lives with herself, BF and sibs however she then states that he is living with family and that she had not talked to him. Last point , there is some obvious bad blood between DT and Somer's Dad.(6min).

Kae, you have given us a starting point. And that is more than we had before so THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I keep changing my map .... hope it's not too confusing. Hoping a local can give us some guidelines on the city limits (street wise).

The red lines indicate streets I found listed on the link in that post. Don't guess it follows a neat round box, but you can see how close a street would be to Somer's house (which is outside the city limits) and so it would be picked up on Tuesday (city limits) and not Wednesday (outside city limits).

They found Somer on Wednesday ... wouldn't it be nice to have a timeline of when the last truck left the Horton area on Tuesday and whether the truck they found Somer in had trash from Tuesday or trash from Wednesday (I mean something more than media reports).

I often find it very telling to read the reader's comments at the end of a story. But in this case, it was useless, and I'm furious at the news blackout.
Why? Because the date on this article is today, Nov 1-and yet one comment states, "It's a two-edged sword, we pray it's not her in the landfill but that would only mean there are 2 children involved...sad."
Either 1) People are not talking/commenting speculating, or
2) Comments are not being printed.
Does anyone know if there have been any features on Somer in the last 2 days? Links, please!!
Gracias.

I have been rehashing the events that have taken place in this case. I reviewed this presser with DT and Sheriff B. (before Somer's remains were found). A few things I found rather odd, if 50,60,70 kids walk home each day with Somer and her sibs as per DT, surely one of the children would have noticed something. ( 5 min) in to the video DT is asked questions by the Press. DT stated that her oldest son lives with herself, BF and sibs however she then states that he is living with family and that she had not talked to him. Last point , there is some obvious bad blood between DT and Somer's Dad.(6min).

I agree with you. I think this link shows something as well. Being that the google truck went down the st during school hours. If you walk around the neighborhood from the ground. You will see all the school buses etc...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...8VxgQwQ5M-57908CsDdPog&cbp=12,301.89,,0,15.95

Quote:
On this link there was a lady that was interview that drove Somer to school that
morning.
She was asked what day the trash is picked up and I though she said Wednesday and
that when she got up today to leave for work around 8:30 am that they had already
collected it… then made some comment like “that may be a hint… take it as you wish”
Also…. the sheriff was just interviewed and said that the trash was picked up on
Tuesday.

I don't see anything in this post or statement that cast any bad light on DT.

So we are back to blaming the mom for Somer being killed by a monster?

Is this now a thread on keeping your child safe pointing the faults out of the mother that led to somer's demise?

I just don't know where this sleuthing is going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indicat
But I'm pretty sure they all want us to learn from what happened to them, otherwise what's the point? I'm sure that not every child taken could have been 100% prevented, but why not stack the deck in your favor so to speak??

I didn't read anything in this posters post blaming Mom.

Keeping your child safe and faults of the Mother could be key here, in my opinion. Somer's friends, neighbors, friends of the family, etc may recall something about the times Somer did not return home on other occassions. Where did Somer go while wandering off for 30min to an hour? A 7r old wandering off with a pattern of doing this is important.

Mother should have the answers where Somer went and what she was doing, don't you think?

Goodness, I never once said that it's a woman's fault if she's raped. I don't believe I'd be the one to ever say such a thing after a few of my own life experiences. LE has said there could be another Bundy ( Bundy killed women and a child) or a child killer might be on the loose. I stand by my simple opinion that to draw attention to one's self, threaten a lunatic, and insult the manhood of a lunatic on national tv could be considered dangerous especially when the killer is unknown and already struck a family member. That funeral dress or any other dress probably has nothing to do with the murder, but I still feel it was too low cut and did show the entire crack (or whatever it's called) between the breasts and some of the sides. After threatening and insulting the killer, he could take it as a taunt and LE says they're SURE he's watching the media.

Personally, I think the profilers were coaching DT on what to say, They often do that. And it would explain why they still had a police car stationed at the house as of a couple of days ago.

I don't think this holds merit - this oby guy. He actually seems like a decent person who has compassion enough to put it out there on his myspace about Somer missing. Something I would expect from a family member but don't see it. Oh well. I am not beating a dead horse.

His slide show with his children indicates to me he is a proud father, and takes interest in their lives. Adorable children & great pics. His staus is 'crushed' and has a photo of Somer. :( He has a little girl so I'm sure this has him on high alert. IMO

I'm moving on to more of the friends of friends network to see what else is out there.

Oh I totally agree with you both! It's not him I'm interested in, it's his company and employees...and whether they worked on the burned house.

Quote:
morning.
Tuesday.

I don't see anything in this post or statement that cast any bad light on DT.

Why is everyone so focused on saying that member are purposely trying to put DT in a bad light? That is not what I got from the post above. This is more trying to deduct, decipher, and detect about what is going on about the situation.

In fact, I am glad that was posted because I do not know how trash would be picked up a day early if people don't put their cans out. UNLESS the garbage people walked up to where people keep their cans?? Makes no sense to me regardless.

Thousands of tips, no suspects in Somer's murder
ORANGE PARK -- Thousands of tips in the hunt for a child killer have poured into the Clay County Sheriff’s Office.

Officials said their Somer Thompson hotline has been ringing off the hook with tips from the Orange Park area and across the country.

Deputies said they have taken around 2,400 tips as of Sunday morning, but none of them (tips) have led to a suspect.

And yes ... have the DNA results come back? There is no mention in this article whether it has and whether it matched any of the suspects.

I often find it very telling to read the reader's comments at the end of a story. But in this case, it was useless, and I'm furious at the news blackout.
Why? Because the date on this article is today, Nov 1-and yet one comment states, "It's a two-edged sword, we pray it's not her in the landfill but that would only mean there are 2 children involved...sad."
Either 1) People are not talking/commenting speculating, or
2) Comments are not being printed.
Does anyone know if there have been any features on Somer in the last 2 days? Links, please!!
Gracias.
I search morning- noon - and night for anything I can get my hands on about this case. Nadda- nothing- and the media is not covering this. With LE keeping everything MUM and no leaks the media has nothing to cover, and no leads for them to follow up on or anyone to interview.

I think she says he has been staying with family when asked a question about him, like staying with one of her family members since this happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragin_Cajun83