Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All, This is my first post and have been following this case since the start and read all these threads.

I checked the link re. the 24 abducted girls around Virginia and all of them were teen girls bet. the ages of 15 and 16 years of age. Most of them hispanic and two of them black. Morgan does not fit into this "prostitution ring" scenario.

If Morgan did make it to the concert, the RV lot with athletes would be the place to look into. I would check all male athletes who parked there that nite.

As per the purse scenario, I used to have one just like hers ten years ago. One day when I finished working at the mall and waiting for the bus someone just slid it off my shoulder without me noticing. Only when I boarded the bus was when I noticed it missing. Security found it an hour later inside the toilet bowl in the women's bathroom. Only thing missing was my cash. It could have have happened to Morgan too. But I think that the most probable scenario was that she was taken at the RV lot and never made it to the bridge.

JMO

:Welcome-12-june: to Websleuths! =) I'm sure you'll like it here, sleuthing is addicting!

You bring up a good point about the RV lot with athletes. I'm guessing the athetes are both male and female. If a predator pervert were to park there to ogle the girls.. it wasn't that late at night yet. If was before 10pm. I'm not sure what can be seen from the lot, are athletic fields visible? Say if people were to go for a night run? Was a gym visible?

Hi All, This is my first post and have been following this case since the start and read all these threads.

I checked the link re. the 24 abducted girls around Virginia and all of them were teen girls bet. the ages of 15 and 16 years of age. Most of them hispanic and two of them black. Morgan does not fit into this "prostitution ring" scenario.

If Morgan did make it to the concert, the RV lot with athletes would be the place to look into. I would check all male athletes who parked there that nite.

As per the purse scenario, I used to have one just like hers ten years ago. One day when I finished working at the mall and waiting for the bus someone just slid it off my shoulder without me noticing. Only when I boarded the bus was when I noticed it missing. Security found it an hour later inside the toilet bowl in the women's bathroom. Only thing missing was my cash. It could have have happened to Morgan too. But I think that the most probable scenario was that she was taken at the RV lot and never made it to the bridge.

JMO
Welcome Janeumayer and thank you for your insightful post. We look forward to hearing more from you.

I do not understand what all these post re. her weight have to do with anything. But that's just my honest opinion.

Her weight has nothing to do with it. Heroine was saying that, qouting someone else, i think =)

:Welcome-12-june: to Websleuths! =) I'm sure you'll like it here, sleuthing is addicting!

You bring up a good point about the RV lot with athletes. I'm guessing the athetes are both male and female. If a predator pervert were to park there to ogle the girls.. it wasn't that late at night yet. If was before 10pm. I'm not sure what can be seen from the lot, are athletic fields visible? Say if people were to go for a night run? Was a gym visible?

I wasn't thinking of a Perv per se. Think about the Holloway case. She went with a few guys she didn't know. That could have been the case here. It could have been a couple of students drinking and taking her somewhere. If they were athletes I bet she would have felt safe with them being students. And, If you think about the "concussion" from the supposed fall she could have gone into a coma or had a seizure and the guys just disposed of her.

I hope to God she is found safe but there are just no clues into this case (that we know of). I wonder if LE checked the webcam at The Hook in Downtown Charlottesville? Never know what could be found.

I said this a while back but will repeat-Pantera are a more extreme-ish metal band.A girl wearing a Pantera shirt to a Metallica show is looking for lots of attention.
I couldnt agree more!!

That is an unfair statement and you have nothing to back that up with. Metallica and Pantera’s music is totally different; at least to me it is. I like Metallica’s music, however, Pantera’s not so much. To say someone is looking for lots of attention - I don’t get that?
I want to live in a country that I can wear what I want to wear w/o someone assuming I'm looking for attention. Wouldn't you want that as well?
I THINK the poster meant that Metallica and Pantera have female fans.
BUT they have MANY male fans.
Have you ever heard the music or seen a concert by either group? I have, and Pantera is a hardcore metal band that has a fiercely loyal, devoted following. Most are males. I think maybe the poster meant that by wearing the Pantera shirt, it would appear that Morgan was trying to get attention like "Hey, I know my stuff" "I know my metal music"
A way to impress the guys so to speak.

1610.gif
her outfit may have been very typical

Entrances/Exits

John Paul Jones Arena provides multiple entrances on the West side of the Arena, adjacent to the John Paul Jones Arena surface lot. For those with student tickets for UVA athletics, the entrance is located on the East side of the Arena adjacent to Massie Rd. For those guests that park in the parking deck, access to the Arena can be accommodated through the 2nd level entry doors.

BluePermitMap.jpg

directions_parking.gif

Parking Information

Parking for guests attending events at John Paul Jones Arena is located immediately surrounding the Arena in the shaded areas below. Parking passes are required to park in these lots and may be purchased online at www.JohnPaulJonesArena.tickets.musictoday.com, charge by phone at 1-888-JPJ-TIXS (1-888-575-8497), or visit select Plan 9 Music locations or the John Paul Jones Arena Box Office.

sorry but im spending time right now doing research, is a new thread going to be opened any minute because i dont want my post getting lost

Whew! I just spent the last four days reading all 6 threads! I was caught up in some other cases and missed this at first.

My own opinions after reading them:

1) My feeling is she never made it to the concert. Or, if she did, she got sick, went out and went to her car - either MH had a set of keys in addition to the other set or friend took her out, and reentered, with another ticket they bought that night, or, there was an extra ticket from the group originally bought (IIRC somewhere early on it was said DH bought 6??) and when they came out after the show, DH was dead, they freaked, threw out purse to set it up as aduction and the friends disposed of the body. I really lean toward not getting there at all.

I think the sitings maybe be of the other girl DS, and some of them of someone else altogether. If DH were really inside, I think there would be more sitings, and there would be pictures. I can't get around the no pictures of her from that night. If any existed, surely LE would have released one to show exactly what DH looked like that night and what she was wearing.

But, of course, I do have questions, that others share:

1) why no pic of exact Pantera shirt?

2) Why did her father state she frequently took battery out of phone? Who does that?

3) I don't think guy who says he saw them arrive is credible, over the saying he saw girls with no mention of the guy

4) I can't believe no cameras at venue. Amazing and astounding if true. And if there are, why no photos anywhere of DH.

5) When did DH last use ATM card?

Then again, I can't see her staging disappearance for some reason.

All in all, this is so amazing. So much is unknown and something just seems off.

Again, all is just my opinoin. I would much rather hope DH is alive and just took off and wil be found safe and well.

uh oh! I thought I remember reading something about how we can't post a link with "stars" in it? I'll see if I can find that in the rules...........

JMO
I was wondering if morgan did leave of her own free will if the reason the battery is missing is becase someone she is with has a weak battery to a phone just like hers.I have had friends do this battery swap for a few diff reason.
1)the phone number that is needed is in the dead phone.
2)one person needs more juice then the other person farther trip etc.
3)the one phone is messed up and some number stick so they use it like a charger for the battery.

I know they are building a hospital near or in charlottsville and i think alot of workers are traveling and staying at hotels. I have a family memeber who was working with the company that is doing the work but i am not sure about how many people they moved there and how many people are driving back and forth. The family member didnt move when the local job was done. A go with the work kinda thing that would bring random bored people. I am not sure of the location of the hospital either.

I have thought for a long time that someone was picking hispanic woman and teens from prince william county. Also young hispanic males. Prince william is a few minutes south of alexandria on 95.
Virginia state police is very bad about updating there missing people status. So some of them may not be missing anymore.

again do we have a time the phone last pinged?
if anyone said cameras were not allowed they are false. i have found pictures of the crows and almost everyone is taking pictures.

I'm just pondering the probablility of Morgan being "lured' out of the arena...

WHAT would they say to make her LEAVE the arena? It would have to be pretty persuasive... perhaps something about "meeting the band before they go onstage"? She is said to have left before Metallica came on stage.... still, why leave the venue? Logically, "backstage" etc., would be INSIDE...

The problem with this theory, is that I would think she'd become suspicious as the perp would be leading her away from people (he/she isn't going to chance grabbing her in front of tons of people)

Also, she tried to get back IN the arena. So if a person promised her something like a backstage pass to get her outside, you would think she'd tell her friends, "Some idiot just lied to me about getting a backstage pass! Now I'm not allowed back in!" when she called them....

I just can't fathom why she would leave, unless she was perhaps intoxicated as has previously been discussed....

again do we have a time the phone last pinged?
if anyone said cameras were not allowed they are false. i have found pictures of the crows and almost everyone is taking pictures.

No, to my knowledge, they have never actually given out the time the phone last pinged.... I believe the only time they've given is the fact that the last call she made was just before Metallica came on, when she called to tell her friends she could not get back in.....

No, to my knowledge, they have never actually given out the time the phone last pinged.... I believe the only time they've given is the fact that the last call she made was just before Metallica came on, when she called to tell her friends she could not get back in.....

Just a small point of clarification - LE says the call at 8:48 was to MH from a friend inside, not from MH to friend. May not be important in the scheme of things, but for my own sanity...

Just a small point of clarification - LE says the call at 8:48 was to MH from a friend inside, not from MH to friend. May not be important in the scheme of things, but for my own sanity...

Could she have been mad the friend was calling and removed the battery so she would not receive any further calls?

When she left the venue I see two reasons. Either whomever she left with could get her back in with no problem...or she had no plans to return.

Everybody says concert goers know the rules..heck I even now know the rules..no reentry stub or not!

I know this sounds silly, but I wish Morgan had marched up to the nearest security guard, demanded the person in charge and had a verbal spat with them to let her back in, or at least let her stay in a safe, watched place until the concert was over. I would have. I would have legally threatened the venue with "if anything happens to me...." (and I do believe stuff like that works - I've done it several times, nicely) and tried to appeal to the guard's sense of family . She wouldn't have been asking much - just to be safe until her friends were there. Wish she was a snot like me =P :::sigh:::

Edited to Add: I'm similar in stature to Morgan and I know how easily someone could overpower me....i'm wondering what made her think she'd be safe...as a girl of that size, she knew she was easy prey...you just know that when you're that small and you do what you can to level the playing field (i.e. not being alone). But then again, I grew up in Miami.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monifah2