NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold on. Just because the computer was in his sister's home does not in any way implicate her! Let's nip that one in the bud right now.

Did she live in the household with MAM?

I'm going to wade in with a "could it be?"

Coe said she was never on the couch when he was there, so figure it out.
If the couch was being used as the place to abuse Shaniya by whomever, he could be saying it was not being done when he was there.

When Coe came by the next morning and was upset that AD had not reported the girl missing, she was forced to call 911 earlier than she had planned.

Coe then leaves and she is angry with him so she leads LE to believe that he may have taken her. I do believe that there was a case of mistaken identity by a neighbor that started Coe's involvement though.

McNeill took Shaniya to sell before dad returned and for whatever reason the deal fell through. He did not expect the police to be called so soon and may even have meant to be back in the area by the time they began looking for her and have an alibi for the time she was reported being gone.

Possible???

Bolded by me...

I respectfully disagree....

Dad seems to have a little bit more money that AD... according to what has been revealed in the news (prior to Shaniya's death), there has been history of abuse to Shaniya (cigarette burns) AND AD's drug history and periods of unemployment and nonstable home life. IMO he could have hired a family court attorney and won full custody of little Shaniya based on AD's history and Shaniya's previous abuse had he been diligent in doing so. All he had to do is submit to a paternal DNA test (doesn't matter that his name is not on the birth certificate) to claim parental rights. He chose not to do that for whatever reason... also chose to allow little Shaniya to go to visit her bio mom (taking her out of school to do so - which IMO is really strange). The entire story is very strange IMO. That's all I'm sayin... I don't think he would have lost custody to the mom had her pursued it..... and as far as the "mother's special bond" goes.. AD NEVER HAD IT.

it really depends, before he could file for custody he'd have to establish paternity. Maybe he wasn't 100% certain how that would pan out - maybe AD at some point after he'd formed a bond with Shaniya told him he might not be the biological daddy? If for no other reason than to mess with his head? After establishing paternity he'd be liable to pay AD child support, especially if AD thought it was going to benefit her to have custody of Shaniya in that way.

He could also have had demons in his past equal to AD's drug abuse?? we don't know but we do know at some point their worlds collided and he impregnated her, so what was he doing in her world at that time???

If Tim Allen knew that Shaniya was being abused, then he's just as responsible as anyone else - he should've called CPS himself as many times as it took to get her out of that abusive situation. Here he is putting 99% of the blame on the father & not being accountable for his own (in)action. That's disgusting to me, that he would publicly call out a grieving father in the worst hour of his life.

I totally agree.

I'm a newbie,but I'd like to make a couple of points. I'm a homeschooler and up here in RI I report to the school board and they keep track of my son and I. Many states don't require any sort of reporting. It may be that someone claimed Shaniya was being homeschooled, hence no further involvement by the school district.
I've also seen a lot of comments about the boyfriend being HIV positive and the so called mother and babies status. I am HIV and have been for almost 19 years. I was on active duty in the Marines and was infected by my then husband. It is very likely that this unborn baby will be HIV neg as long as the mother(hate to use that term) takes meds during pregnancy. That baby has a better than 98% chance of being HIV neg. That poor baby should not have to pay for her parents mistakes. I assume the state will grab that baby as soon as she's born

Yes, you are right. I remember that now, and it was on HLN, because that's the channel I watch.

I'm glad someone else remembers...I thought maybe I had dreamed it.

Did they ever say what kind of car? Maybe it matches one that has been mentioned here, one of MAM's or the mysterious Toyota.

Question : since it has been established AD sold her baby, why did she name COE when she obviously knew who she sold her to?

I have a problem with this whole story. While I think AD is a , I'm not so sure Shaniya wasn't abducted by MAM without her knowledge. I'm sure not going to trust the same LE agency that arrested Coe for info. I want to know more about the "home invasion" in which BL's wife was murdered. I think it's really hinky that the pictures were taken off the walls. What kind of criminals do that?

"Somerindyke said Saturday that Antoinette Davis's initial report had prompted the arrest of Clarence D. Coe on Wednesday.

Coe, 30, was charged with first-degree kidnapping. Police said then that witnesses had seen Coe drive out of the park with Shaniya on Tuesday. The charges against Coe were dropped after McNeill turned himself in.

Saturday, standing in his front yard off Ramsey Street, Coe said he plans to take legal action against the Fayetteville Police Department.

Coe said police wrongfully accused him and ignored a tip about McNeill before Coe was charged.

"They came after the easy target instead," said Coe, who said he was at his house when Shaniya went missing. "I was here the whole time."

Coe said he and Shaniya's mother, Antoinette Davis, were in a relationship and that Davis is pregnant with his child. He said Shaniya, though not his biological daughter, called him "daddy" and was wearing his other daughter's clothes when she was kidnapped. :furious: :furious: :furious:

Coe said he's had trouble getting a job because he's a convicted felon. He said that having a kidnapping charge added to his record, regardless of it having been dropped, will make finding work impossible.

Coe said he doesn't know McNeill, nor what his motive may have been.":waitasec:

http://fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/15/952410

Did we ever find out if the kindergarten was optional or mandatory? I know it's different in different parts of the country.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6444454/

"In an affidavit for a warrant to search McNeill's 1997 Mitsubishi Galant, investigators said McNeill told them he picked Shaniya up in front of her home and drove her to the hotel. Investigators also said they found feces smeared on the outside door handle of the front door to the home and on the handrail of the steps to the front porch.

Police recovered 11 pieces of trace evidence, such as hair and fibers, from the car, as well as clothes, a belt, a straw, a cell phone and a portable GPS system, according to the search warrant."
As my dear Grandmother would say "Lord have mercy"...When I read the part about feces being on the door handle and the handrail,,I could see Shanyia grabbing the door handle and handrail trying to keep from been taken from that trailer..I don't know if I can stay for the real facts to come out and tell what that poor angel suffered, at the hands of these demons.

Like I said, it all depends upon the timing. When did mom's abuse and drug business happen - relative to Shaniya's age? I mean she had a son (now 7) that was living with her. Why was he never "taken" by CPS?
RE: Son - That's a very good question.. I would like to know the answer to that myself. According to what I've heard, DCFACS has been involved with AD but did no follow-up which is very disturbing considering the allegations of abuse with Shaniya in the past and what has happened now....the entire case is very disturbing IMO.

If they can recover it. My guess is that it's been shattered into a million pieces by now.

I meant his email hosts,he has FB and if he had an internet host with email address or they can check the main ones,yahoo,hotmail,etc and retrieve emails from any of his email a/c's.They did that with CA and some others in case.

wow! get out. learn something new everyday. i think that should change. its hard enough to keep track of all these kids especially the ones that are not in school.

I know! It's the same here in GA. Although to NC's credit, they are trying to change the mandatory attendance age to 18. I think that's great.

So basically, most everybody in here thinks dad should have seen what was going on and should take part of the blame for Shaniya's death, but you think Dad could have lost custody to MOMSTER if there was a court battle???
I'm not getting that.
Unless there was something in his background, I think he would have won,,,but we will never know because he didn't even try.

I'm so glad they got his cellphone,they can also check phone records,bank a/cs,etc.That report does say Oct,I wonder if they wrote it wrong,or was break in actually in Oct.The name on the report is the name that comes up on searches for relatives,actually.

it really depends, before he could file for custody he'd have to establish paternity. Maybe he wasn't 100% certain how that would pan out - maybe AD at some point after he'd formed a bond with Shaniya told him he might not be the biological daddy? If for no other reason than to mess with his head? After establishing paternity he'd be liable to pay AD child support, especially if AD thought it was going to benefit her to have custody of Shaniya in that way.

He could also have had demons in his past equal to AD's drug abuse?? we don't know but we do know at some point their worlds collided and he impregnated her, so what was he doing in her world at that time???
I've wondered that also... from what I've read, she was his babysitter at one time???? Strange....

I also read that he was paying child support to AD... not sure if he was still paying support to her if he had custody of Shaniya at the time prior to her going to stay with AD. If that is true, then that would mean that they both acknowledged paternity IMO. I think that Shaniya looks alot like BL (IMO). Who knows? I think alot of stuff is going to come out on both sides in this story... so sad..

OK she has not talked to Shaniya in 4 weeks. Her Mom took her out school and she was the Guardian according the school. Would the school not call and ask where the child was? when she receives this call, Why not call the dad and say hey you need to get your but back to NC something is up with Shaniya. This is just not adding up. Somebody is not telling the truth.

I'm a newbie,but I'd like to make a couple of points. I'm a homeschooler and up here in RI I report to the school board and they keep track of my son and I. Many states don't require any sort of reporting. It may be that someone claimed Shaniya was being homeschooled, hence no further involvement by the school district.
I've also seen a lot of comments about the boyfriend being HIV positive and the so called mother and babies status. I am HIV and have been for almost 19 years. I was on active duty in the Marines and was infected by my then husband. It is very likely that this unborn baby will be HIV neg as long as the mother(hate to use that term) takes meds during pregnancy. That baby has a better than 98% chance of being HIV neg. That poor baby should not have to pay for her parents mistakes. I assume the state will grab that baby as soon as she's born

Jenny..Thanks for sharing your story:blowkiss: And welcome to WS's.

None of us knows yet and maybe we never will, but I just have this feeling that the feces were from the sewage backup. He put the blanket on her when taking her out, noticed the smell (it could have brushed the porch as they were leaving), and tossed the blanket. It's possible that the 3am sound had nothing to do with this case. If it did, he left earlier than 5:30 am obviously.

The images of her in the hotel don't seem to me that she had already been raped, especially rectally. She just looks trusting and curious, poor baby.

This is my opinion and it can change as more info comes to light.

I disagree. Children who are abused do not express their fear in obvious ways. She looked tired and frightened. Also, the position of her legs was defensive. I think she had been assaulted by then and had no choice but to be in the arms of the man that either harmed her or allowed her to be harmed. It is very hard to contemplate what that poor baby went through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oiueroiuweoiruoiwueroiuwe