2009.11.19 Defense files motion suggesting Kronk as the killer. #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that's exactly the point ECS, why would she still be cooking for TL and doing promotions for him and be completely nonchalant and unconcerned about Caylee as if she were with a sitter? You do know that's what she was doing there, right? Doing a dance she didn't want to do and had to "pound shots" to enable herself to do, for Tony L's promotion. She said in texts she would never do it again, they would have to get someone else next time. It's true that it's clear from her texts and so on from the time frame that she was unconcerned about Caylee, as if Caylee was just with a friend or sitter. If she'd killed Caylee why wouldn't she call LE and put on a distressed act and say something like "we were walking in a parking lot and I looked around and she was gone!" or "A stranger grabbed Caylee from me at the park", or whatever. Something that couldn't be checked out. If she killed Caylee, why would she even be in town? etc

If KC hadn't been involved and was a "victim" ,IMO, she would have manipulated the entire situation into "what about ME?" Everything G&C have been involved in such as the nonprofit organization, media tours and cruise trips would have been replaced with KC.

Novice Seeker

I believe that the able lawyers for the state will again mop the floor with these motions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae5J_ObjkTw

Did AL just stand before JS and claim part ownership of that below standard and laughable motion which Baez personally notorized KC's opinion? Isn't she the very one who many lawyers came out publicly and swore that she was the best of the best?

How did an attorney considered to be an expert in Death Penalty cases end up working on these other charges against KC?

Geesh, wonders never cease to exist.:waitasec:

Novice Seeker

But that's exactly the point ECS, why would she still be cooking for TL and doing promotions for him and be completely nonchalant and unconcerned about Caylee as if she were with a sitter? You do know that's what she was doing there, right? Doing a dance she didn't want to do and had to "pound shots" to enable herself to do, for Tony L's promotion. She said in texts she would never do it again, they would have to get someone else next time. It's true that it's clear from her texts and so on from the time frame that she was unconcerned about Caylee, as if Caylee was just with a friend or sitter. If she'd killed Caylee why wouldn't she call LE and put on a distressed act and say something like "we were walking in a parking lot and I looked around and she was gone!" or "A stranger grabbed Caylee from me at the park", or whatever. Something that couldn't be checked out. If she killed Caylee, why would she even be in town? etc

To me, this seems easy to answer--and it does relate to the thread topic, so bear with me. Casey killed Caylee. She didn't want to draw any attention to herself, so she's certainly not going to call police. She just goes on with her "bella vita." Gets her nails done. Rents movies with her bf. Texting. Inviting friends to the bar where she is so obviously proud to be "in charge" of the shot girls. Gets a tatoo. Shops at Target. Tells anyone who asks that Caylee's at the beach, with the nanny, sleeping--whatever she can think of at the moment. At least for awhile, nobody is suspicious.

ON THE OTHER HAND...Mr. Kronk keeps calling the police, the tip line, telling co-workers and friends that he thinks he sees something. Maybe it's Caylee.
Please come look. Please check it out. Can't really believe he would do that if he had abducted and murdered Caylee.

I realize your interpretation differs. But for me, not at all difficult to figure out who the guilty party is.

(And I'm not on a jury...so I'm allowed to speculate! ;))

PS-FWIW, I do think KC is mentally ill, but her illness must not meet the legal requirement for the insanity defense, or surely the defense would be going that way. We probably won't hear about her psych. evals. until the penalty phase.

Did AL just stand before JS and claim part ownership of that below standard and laughable motion which Baez personally notorized KC's opinion? Isn't she the very one who many lawyers came out publicly and swore that she was the best of the best?

How did an attorney considered to be an expert in Death Penalty cases end up working on these other charges against KC?

Geesh, wonders never cease to exist.:waitasec:

Novice Seeker

It is a sad, pathetic display indeed. I don't get it, doesn't anyone play devil's advocate and take their motions and try to proof read them for the possible state response before they actually file them? We were required to do that in the fourth grade debate team for heaven's sake.

Dr. Baden has evidently never been to a Florida swampland. Good luck noticing flies through the thick foliage and good luck figuring out what they are attracted to. I think there are as many bugs in FL as the rest of the US combined.

I watched Kimberly G. last night too, and could not believe that Baden stated that it takes months for a body to decompose. What a cop out. Pretending not to realize that Caylee's little body would have been decomposed completely within a month or even less, in the extreme heat of Florida! There would be no smell of decomp after a month. I just wanted to shake him! Kimberly must be getting her updates of the case from Geraldo, and not reading the discovery for herself, because she seems more pro-defense now, and never presents another view of things. Grrrr. I should just stop watching tripe like this. :banghead:

I am from that area...can you link Casey's remarks and I'll take a listen?

PS- also have a "speech/language" background

I found the slight accent that they have to be sort of mid-western, figured it was an Ohio thing (not that Ohio is necessarily mid-west, just close...!).

ABOVE SNIPPED:

(I posted this on another thread as a question for our legal analyst, but am reposting here as it pertains to allegations against Kronk by his ex-wife)

Regarding the credibility of Jill Kerley's claims of being duct taped by Mr, Kronk, do you think this posting by "Darlene", purportedly the mother of Jill Kerley, written and posted online on August 10, 2009 (BEFORE Kronk became defense suspect per motions filed) will affect the credibility of Jill Kerley's claims?

She states her daughter, Jill Renee Kerley, has past done jail time, was also arrested this year and faces court for same at time of writing the letter (Aug 10, 2009), was recently diagnosed as Bipolar , has cancer, and apparently writes bad checks too.

Thoughts on her "prior bad acts" and how they will weigh against alleged "prior bad acts" of Kronks as far as credibility goes?

I think SA would be easily able to verify details alleged by Darlene, purported mother of Jill Kersey

http://www.forallthewaysyoucare.com/...83096245393720
(user ID for Darlene)

http://www.forallthewaysyoucare.com/view_story/?storyid=4726418206195651796&viewmode=true#

(posting by Darlene on mental status of Jill Kersey)

He was married on October 3, 1992 to a Jill Renee Kerley in Monroe County, FL. Law enforcement is keeping Mr. Kronk under wraps while they investigate their ...
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/unio...N2OG6UJI8/p671

Then it should be quite easy for the state to unravel this, and the defense knows it...this is another way for the defense to deconstruct some of the players/scenarios to see if they can ride something through to penalty phase.
AL really should not have taped that speech she gave, I got her number on this now, as I know a lot of you do-It's just I'm a little slower at catching on to these things!

BBM - It's been ages since I read all the texts seagull. Any chance you can link that?

me too (language background, that is) :)

Just a matter of opinion but I always thought I heard a couple of pronunciations or patterns here and there that she'd picked up from someone else (i.e. not like her parents, or the rest of her speech), as well as certain phrasings. I don't have a list of them but you may spot some, here are a couple of the interviews. (Only slightly from time to time. For example at this link when she says "ay" in words like "day". Usually she seems to pronounce the long "a" differently, tending a bit toward an "ee".) Overall her own accent is pretty neutral, just a few little idiosyncratic twists like her use of "" instead of "st" etc. But, I think that's one spot, where she's talking about how Caylee wouldn't be upset no matter if she hadn't seen her all day, at the beginning of that one link there, she uses a different "ay".
Anyway, not anything important, but if anyone was wanting to listen to some interviews again here are a couple :)
Casey http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQaBs6S4ZTA
Tony L and Cameron C http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjolv3153hA
:) She didn't manage to pick up his short a, that's for sure. :) ) or his "aw".

woops why did it post big youtube boxes instead of just the url links..... sorry! I won't post the one of Nate L then, too.
Sorry, Seagull...was away from the board most of the day. It's late now so I'll take a listen tomorrow. Thank you for providing the links.

oxoxox

ABOVE SNIPPED:

(I posted this on another thread as a question for our legal analyst, but am reposting here as it pertains to allegations against Kronk by his ex-wife)

Regarding the credibility of Jill Kerley's claims of being duct taped by Mr, Kronk, do you think this posting by "Darlene", purportedly the mother of Jill Kerley, written and posted online on August 10, 2009 (BEFORE Kronk became defense suspect per motions filed) will affect the credibility of Jill Kerley's claims?

She states her daughter, Jill Renee Kerley, has past done jail time, was also arrested this year and faces court for same at time of writing the letter (Aug 10, 2009), was recently diagnosed as Bipolar , has cancer, and apparently writes bad checks too.

Thoughts on her "prior bad acts" and how they will weigh against alleged "prior bad acts" of Kronks as far as credibility goes?

I think SA would be easily able to verify details alleged by Darlene, purported mother of Jill Kersey

http://www.forallthewaysyoucare.com/...83096245393720
(user ID for Darlene)

http://www.forallthewaysyoucare.com/view_story/?storyid=4726418206195651796&viewmode=true#

(posting by Darlene on mental status of Jill Kersey)

He was married on October 3, 1992 to a Jill Renee Kerley in Monroe County, FL. Law enforcement is keeping Mr. Kronk under wraps while they investigate their ...
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/unio...N2OG6UJI8/p671

If there's proof to back up the assertions of Darlene that Jill Kerley has prior arrests, then I think it would certainly damage Jill Kerley's credibility. But, even if she were deemed credible, it's still her word versus RK's word, because there's nothing to back her statements. There's no charges filed against RK, no prior record.

The defense is desperate to find someone to blame Casey's crime on and to create "reasonable doubt."

I am laughing out loud. If I was on that jury and Baez presented this scenario to me, I would seriously be thinking WTF?

Firstly I am assuming that if LE thought this guy had anything more to do with it than finding the body, then he would have been questioned or arrested. As ususal there will be no evidence at all (because it all leads to Casey) linking this guy to anything.

I can imagine Casey and Baez high fiving in the visiting room, smiling at his crappy plan that everyone can see through. It's pathetic and insulting to anyone with an ounce of intelligence and if this is the route he's going down, I hope the jury think the same.

And... as for cindy and george.. grrrrrrrrrr what the hell

"Anthony family attorney Brad Conway said his clients know what it's like to be scrutinized by the public, and they don't want the man who found their granddaughter to be treated unfairly.

"Personal issues versus what happened in regard to the discovery of Caylee's remains are two different things, and they want to give him the chance to be full and complete about what happened," Conway said.

I'm sorry but if I honestly thought that this guy was giuilty of murdering my grand daughter i wouldnt be all nicey nice, sitting back and waiting to see what happens, would you?

These people annoy me so much.

Whats next Baez? Kronk was seeing Zanny and they hatched a kidnapping plan? lol.

My recollection is that it wasn't KC who made the above bolded statements, but one of the other shot girls who KC had befriended...if I recall correctly, KC wasn't even there the night that things apparently got "out of hand" and this shot girl left, stating she would never work there again? (shot girl telling KC about this particular night in text?)

If there's proof to back up the assertions of Darlene that Jill Kerley has prior arrests, then I think it would certainly damage Jill Kerley's credibility. But, even if she were deemed credible, it's still her word versus RK's word, because there's nothing to back her statements. There's no charges filed against RK, no prior record.

The defense is desperate to find someone to blame Casey's crime on and to create "reasonable doubt."

Plus how do you physically duct tape someone unless you are holding a gun on them. If someone were wrapping your body in duct tape you turn the opposite way and unwrap yourself. Can this be done while someone would be struggling???

My guess is, from the way KC operates she may not want to have called LE because, well, you know, there would be paperwork to fill out, they might want to run her into the station to take a statement and show her pictures and she did have an agreement to meet Tony at 6pm soooooooo, it could have spoiled her whole evening. It has been said here in this forum that KC only thinks 10 minutes ahead. I agree. That's it. JMO

Very new WS poster! Actually finally signed up after being a very long lurker - so please excuse if I should have seen the answer in all of the documentation about Kronk which I have read.
Here's my question I hope someone can answer or point me to a link and thanks in advance.
First, let me say what a pile of hooey re Kronk as the killer! The defense probably said - everything points to "his gal" - let's put some names in a hat and draw one. But to my question. Kronk said in his statement that he just walked in to the trees to relieve himself and there was Caylee. Now I'm not suggesting there is anything sinister about Kronk. But what if after watching the PR that Padilla got really for not much, Kronk wanted to both find Caylee and be a "real" hero. And what if he actually spent a lot of time on his own searching, till he did find her. Then just made it seem like it was an easy find. He used to be a bounty hunter, probably more exciting than a meter reader. What if his motives were good, but he's just not really truthful about the actual search?

Very new WS poster! Actually finally signed up after being a very long lurker - so please excuse if I should have seen the answer in all of the documentation about Kronk which I have read.
Here's my question I hope someone can answer or point me to a link and thanks in advance.
First, let me say what a pile of hooey re Kronk as the killer! The defense probably said - everything points to "his gal" - let's put some names in a hat and draw one. But to my question. Kronk said in his statement that he just walked in to the trees to relieve himself and there was Caylee. Now I'm not suggesting there is anything sinister about Kronk. But what if after watching the PR that Padilla got really for not much, Kronk wanted to both find Caylee and be a "real" hero. And what if he actually spent a lot of time on his own searching, till he did find her. Then just made it seem like it was an easy find. He used to be a bounty hunter, probably more exciting than a meter reader. What if his motives were good, but he's just not really truthful about the actual search?

Hi logical!

Welcome! I'm relatively new also, but have lurked forever. Nice to see a fellow Canuck on here!

I agree that Kronk probably lied about the peeing part. My guess is that he was caught up in the case, found himself in the Anthony's area as part of his job, and started thinking about reward money and being a hero. Plus, this is JMO of course, maybe he was just wasting time on the job and when he came upon the body, used the pee story as a reason for being there and not working. I'm not sure what the consequences of this coming out would be, though.

When I was in university, I had a summer job in the Alberta oilfields. I spent hours alone driving around the countryside, and would spend endless afternoons exploring, suntanning on top of the company truck, listening to music, reading and napping. So, maybe my own past laziness has led me to be more forgiving and less suspicious of Kronk's story and motives.

Plus how do you physically duct tape someone unless you are holding a gun on them. If someone were wrapping your body in duct tape you turn the opposite way and unwrap yourself. Can this be done while someone would be struggling???

I agree and strongly doubt the assertions being made by Jill Kerley and the other ex's. They are ex's because they had disagreements, so it's only natural that these people aren't going to say anything nice. They're opportunistic seeking their 15 minutes of fame, and the defense is just desperate enough to use them.

I think it's easy to see that Casey just didn't care. Sociopaths lack empathy. She had killed Caylee, disposed of Caylee's remains, and was fully prepared and eager to live life the way she wanted, free of Caylee, free of Cindy, and pursuing Tony.

Casey seems to live for the moment, not thinking ahead. She had disposed of Caylee and thought no one would find her. She couldn't be bothered with the details in coming up with a plausible scenario for what happened to Caylee. She'd deal with it when and if she ever needed to.

When Cindy found her and dragged her back home, Casey was pressed into coming up with a scenario for where Caylee was. That's when she came up with the "kidnapping" story, that was so full of holes it fell apart within hours.

Casey seems to live for the moment, not thinking ahead. She had disposed of Caylee and thought no one would find her. She couldn't be bothered with the details in coming up with a plausible scenario for what happened to Caylee. She'd deal with it when and if she ever needed to..

BBM

Like the day before graduation, or at the end of the hall at Universal. not a minute sooner. It fits her M.O. perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeNe79