FL FL - Kingfish Boat Ramp Murders, Holmes Beach, 1 Aug 1980

I can only go by what the guy said. He was retired FDLE. This was definatly investigated as a MOB hit because of a gambling debt. There where also problems with the storage of the evidence which is why he didnt want to bash and other LE on here and email me.

If this case ever got solved it would be a miracle beyond any I have ever seen.

As for family being "off limits" with the La Casa Nostra, I highly doubt that anyone is off limits. I have seen many stories over the years where wives, children, even grandma and grandpa have been offed to send a message or complete the job.

The perp parked his car on the main land, took out a bicycle and rode it to the causeway, then he got a ride from the victims, killed them, rode his bike back to the parking lot where his car was. This was not a leasurely I'm going to just go kill someone random event. If that where the case he could have shot up everyone in the grocery parkinglot. Also, this is Tampa Bay and the Columbian drug cartel is not known for shooting up people on the west coast. I think they prefer Miami.

I have also looked at other possibilities, including but not limited to my ex who seemed to know alot about this case and claimed to have "rode by" right after it happened. that's why I first had an interest in this case. The guy was a pediatrician in Tampa, it is also possible this was a revenge case for something that happened to someones child under his care. I dont think so however, this guy was a trained killer mark my word.

I can only go by what the guy said. He was retired FDLE. This was definatly investigated as a MOB hit because of a gambling debt. There where also problems with the storage of the evidence which is why he didnt want to bash and other LE on here and email me.

If this case ever got solved it would be a miracle beyond any I have ever seen.

The perp parked his car on the main land, took out a bicycle and rode it to the causeway, then he got a ride from the victims, killed them, rode his bike back to the parking lot where his car was.

From what I understand he parked his car at the Foodway grocery store, which is on the island. The victim's car ended up just across from the Foodway. He took his bike out of the boat, went to his car, drove from the island Foodway east, pass Kingfish boat ramp, over 2 bridges and the causeway, through Bradenton.

Is this right?

From what I understand he parked his car at the Foodway grocery store, which is on the island. The victim's car ended up just across from the Foodway. He took his bike out of the boat, went to his car, drove from the island Foodway east, pass Kingfish boat ramp, over 2 bridges and the causeway, through Bradenton.

Is this right?

So the Foodway is on the island? So the perp parked his car on the island and then drove back by the scene. Hmmmm. See, that is someone who was purpose driven. Thanks

No. I was a U.M. devotee for the entirety of the show's run, and I'm almost certain this case was never profiled. Same with A.M.W.

Thanks. I have been trying to find it with no luck. I specifically remember the re-enactment showing the killer putting his bike in the boat and getting into the car and shooting the victims, jumping out of the car, grabbing his bike and taking off and the other guy who was working in his yard taking off after the killer because he saw what happened and the killer shooting him in the parking lot. Weird, I remember it so vividly yet can't find anything. When I saw this thread I immediately thought of what I watched and came to check out if it was the same incident and it was. It would really eerie if it was never profiled and I like dreamed it or something......:eek:. I am going to keep looking for my own piece of mind.

Do you watch the new Unsolved Mysteries on Spike TV, CrimeSolver?

Ironically, the ex told me in 1988, when we moved to Bradenton where he was raised, that it was Christopher Wilder that commited the holmes beach murders. He said that the guy was running from LE and shot and killed the family, and then went to New Hampshire and commited suicide. Of course Christopher Wilder's suicide in NH was in 1984 so that is not true. It's all bizzare IMO

So the Foodway is on the island? So the perp parked his car on the island and then drove back by the scene. Hmmmm. See, that is someone who was purpose driven. Thanks

Yes, Foodway (now Publix) would be on the left if you are headed west, just as you enter Holmes Beach. The condos, where the man that saw the crime lived, are on the right, just across the street from the store.

Kingfish boat ramp is on the right, if your headed west, just before you enter Holmes Beach.

A good friend back then told me about the day this happened, but I never could get the whole story straight.

I don't know why this was not on UM, at least I never saw it either. Loved that show.

As for why they drove from Tampa to here to go fishing, I don't know. A lot of people do, from St. Pete/Clearwater also. Maybe better fishing, less people out in boats, I don't know. They also come here for the beach, less busy as Pinellas Co. I've talked to many on the beach over the years, they come from all over, even Orlando area just for the day.

Hi,
Sleuthster,
I was wondering how you knew Dr.Dumois was a pediatrician ? Where is that information ?
It's odd,because there is a Dr. Eric Dumois in the Tampa Bay area at this time who is a highly respected pediatrician. Interestingly enough, he is Cuban American.
As I wrote,I personally do not think this had anything to do with drugs,Columbians, the mob, or small time dog racing. Just my own O.

Thanks. I have been trying to find it with no luck. I specifically remember the re-enactment showing the killer putting his bike in the boat and getting into the car and shooting the victims, jumping out of the car, grabbing his bike and taking off and the other guy who was working in his yard taking off after the killer because he saw what happened and the killer shooting him in the parking lot. Weird, I remember it so vividly yet can't find anything. When I saw this thread I immediately thought of what I watched and came to check out if it was the same incident and it was. It would really eerie if it was never profiled and I like dreamed it or something......:eek:. I am going to keep looking for my own piece of mind.
Now that you mention it, the scenario does seem like something imprinted on my mind's eye, as if I had watched it on some show. But that could be because of the detailed description of events provided by witnesses and because I have driven past the crime scene. I'm fairly sure U.M. never did a story on it, but not positive. If the show had done a story on it, I'm sure it would have been discussed over at sitcomsonline at some point.
Maybe it was profiled on "Missing/Reward".
Do you watch the new Unsolved Mysteries on Spike TV, CrimeSolver?
I gave it a try when it first started, but it's such a travesty, such a bastardization of a great show, that I can't watch it anymore.

It's odd,because there is a Dr. Eric Dumois in the Tampa Bay area at this time who is a highly respected pediatrician. Interestingly enough, he is Cuban American.
I find that an interesting coincidence too.

Hi,
Sleuthster,
I was wondering how you knew Dr.Dumois was a pediatrician ? Where is that information ?
As I wrote,I personally do not think this had anything to do with drugs,Columbians, the mob, or small time dog racing. Just my own O.

The FDLE retired guy confirmed that he was a pediatrician. I have also noticed that there is an E.D. that is a pediatrician in Pinellas.

It also says he was a pediatrician in Tampa in this old news article
http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...F-QLAAAAIBAJ&sjid=nVgDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6738,325809

I am not sure him being Cuban American would have to do with this. I am sicilian american and many of my family in Tampa are married to cuban americans. They are good people and there is no cuban mob or drug cartel, atleast in Tampa that I am aware of. Santos Trafficante was Sicilian although he was expelled from Cuba after the Batista era. BTW, Santo's was involved in the dog tracks as well as the horse tracks in Fla.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...&pg=4664,582758&dq=holmes+beach+murders&hl=en

This is an interesting article.

It talks about the Holmes Beach Police Chief asking for a suspect in Polk County's fingerprints to be compaired with the ones they have from the HB murders.
Does anyone know if they would have entered the perp fingerprint into NCIC computer in 1980? If yes, that would mean that the fingerprint evidence would still be viable.

Sleuthster,
Hmm, I think maybe you're misunderstaning what I am saying. I will try to explain : As I'm sure you know,Cuba is controlled by a dictator named Fidel Castro.Has been since the 50's. * Just my opinion here * Castro and his many henchmen are stone killers. Many Cuban Americans will tell you that Castro has many agents in Florida ; they can tell you about several people who have been murdered over the years by such agents. The(Cuban) exile community is very convoluted -- by that I mean it is hard for outsiders to understand. I am *speculating* that Dr.D. might have been involved in exile politics, perhaps could have been a fund raiser. It is sometimes hard for us to understand the level of passion and anger which many Cuban Americans feel about Cuba and its present government. You might want to get some books and read about what happened in Cuba, it is unbelievably bad.

Sleuthster,
Great article from that last post. Good work :) So, the other guy in the car was Doctor D's brother in law ? And I noticed that the gunman shot him first. I wonder who might have been the actual target ? Do you know anything about the bro. in law ?

From that article: "Manatee Sheriff Charles Wells thinks he knows who committed the murders, but says he cannot prove it."

Yes, that is the theory I got from itcouldhappen, I forgot all about that sorry. He said that there was a suspect in 1988-89 (the news article is 86 so he must have been a couple years off) anyways, he said the guy is serving life in Fl. Now I remember, that's why I stopped looking into this, because he said that the guy is off the street. So LE must have just have decided not to persue it anymore.

Hmmm I wonder who it is. I asked him and he said he forgot the name. Said he was from out of state.

I think I'll take a look at the deathrow roster and see if anyone looks like him from before 88-89 and after 80. Maybe that's when he was convicted and in 86 he was awaiting trial.

Yes, that is the theory I got from itcouldhappen, I forgot all about that sorry. He said that there was a suspect in 1988-89 (the news article is 86 so he must have been a couple years off) anyways, he said the guy is serving life in Fl. Now I remember, that's why I stopped looking into this, because he said that the guy is off the street. So LE must have just have decided not to persue it anymore.

Hmmm I wonder who it is. I asked him and he said he forgot the name. Said he was from out of state.

I think I'll take a look at the deathrow roster and see if anyone looks like him from before 88-89 and after 80. Maybe that's when he was convicted and in 86 he was awaiting trial.

I'm going to check around and see if I can find out who this person is.
Charlie Wells is not the Sheriff here anymore, but I know a few people that may know the name of this suspect.

OMG, James Burnside??? I was in Bradenton when that happened. He is serving life for killing his wife and her male friend out side the mall in Bradenton in 1988. The ex was working at Sears when this happened. It was crazy. I dont know though, he doesnt seem like he would have a motive for this.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...=6454,5878538&dq=james+burnside+manatee&hl=en

Did Franklin Floyd ever live in Manatee?? I mean this sort of fits something he would do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayana2cool4school
Back