FL FL - Kingfish Boat Ramp Murders, Holmes Beach, 1 Aug 1980

OMG, James Burnside??? I was in Bradenton when that happened. He is serving life for killing his wife and her male friend out side the mall in Bradenton in 1988. The ex was working at Sears when this happened. It was crazy. I dont know though, he doesnt seem like he would have a motive for this.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...=6454,5878538&dq=james+burnside+manatee&hl=en

Did Franklin Floyd ever live in Manatee?? I mean this sort of fits something he would do.

Here is a picture of James Burnside
http://www.dc.state.fl.us/ActiveInmates/detail.asp?Bookmark=1&From=list&SessionID=420281851

000909.jpg

5'9" - 161lbs - Hazel eyes

I remember this case well. I worked with someone very close to the man that was shot.

I'm going to check around and see if I can find out who this person is.
Charlie Wells is not the Sheriff here anymore, but I know a few people that may know the name of this suspect.
Try Nancy Rogers at 941-708-5804.

I agree, he does look like the 2nd sketch. I'm also going to see if I can find an older picture of him, more the age of the sketch.

I remember when I lived in Bradenton reading a story about James Burnside in the newspaper. I cant remember alot of the story, but I do know he had an interesting life and something about him living in Cortez which is a little fishing village in Manatee. It was a big article, like 2 pages.
Well I'm off to conquer algebra at school. If anyone can find a link on google archives to this story please let me know.

Wow. Way to go WSleuthers ! Isn't it amazing that after all these years this oh so cold case could maybe be solved in a few days.And not just a suspect, but a photo too. It seems ... just incredible.

Here is a picture from newspaper in April 1992. I can't seem to bring the picture here.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...&pg=6148,2359830&dq=james+burnside+1988&hl=en

It is a "file photo" so I don't know when it was taken, I would think maybe late '80's. I don't know but it is a much younger photo.

It looks like both sketches in a way. I wish that I could post a side-by-side of these so we could compare easier. Could someone help?

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...BAJ&pg=6820,3304293&dq=annette+burnside&hl=en

"he was arrested for bicycling through the parking lot of Conley Buick, where Annette Burnside worked as a computer operator...."

Wooah, that gave me goose bumps:shocked2:

BICYCLING

I know a lot of people bicycle, but what a coincidence!

What do you think about the picture?
That is the only one I can find, except for one in CA when he was arrested, but it is a side picture and he had a beard. I think this picture (above) could have been taken when he was 1st arrested in Birmingham.

Okay, even more bizzare...are you ready for this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saOSnReYfGE&NR=1

The Unsolved Mysteries episode online...they met at a grocery store and got married in 1981 which had to have been a year or 2 after they met because she was 17 when they met. Well...I wonder what grocery store, because if it was on Holmes Beach, he's known to ride around on a bicycle..then that would be really bizzare.

Lets say, somehow (okay I know this throws my mafia theory out) they crossed paths that fated day. Maybe the victims stopped at the store for beer or soda and one of them said something to Annette or looked at her in some manner or even James and he jumped on his bike and went and killed them. It would make sense that his car was parked at the grocery store although I dont know why he would need the bike.

After watching the UM clip, I'm almost convinced this is him. I saw the UM when it first aired and I remember them being here. But I never connected it because I didn't live here in 1980.

Another thing that was stated, after the murder, Burnside purchased a bicycle at a pawn shop and disappeared.

After watching the UM clip, I'm almost convinced this is him. I saw the UM when it first aired and I remember them being here. But I never connected it because I didn't live here in 1980.

Another thing that was stated, after the murder, Burnside purchased a bicycle at a pawn shop and disappeared.

exactly. I think this was random and it was him! I think their paths crossed somewhere. The grocery on Holmes Beach where he parked his car, how far is it from the boat ramp? Is it in distance that someone could stalk someone from the store to the boat ramp waiting for them to get back into shore?

One major problem with Burnside is the moustache. Neither composite shows one, yet it's a facial feature that would not go unnoticed. If we could find out whether or not Burnside had one in August, 1980, that would help to either rule him out or make him a lot more interesting as a suspect.

One major problem with Burnside is the moustache. Neither composite shows one, yet it's a facial feature that would not go unnoticed. If we could find out whether or not Burnside had one in August, 1980, that would help to either rule him out or make him a lot more interesting as a suspect.

Yes, he's wearing a moustache in the wedding photo in 81. Did you notice, there is a picture right after the wedding picture on the video, he is wearing a white and blue shirt which could be considered a tennis shirt. What do you think?

Yes, he's wearing a moustache in the wedding photo in 81. Did you notice, there is a picture right after the wedding picture on the video, he is wearing a white and blue shirt which could be considered a tennis shirt. What do you think?

Yes, about 2:40 into the video.

TOO many coincidences.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ATLSooner