NY NY - Patrick Alford, 7, Brooklyn, 22 Jan 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shhh. The state picked that home and the state can't be wrong. It irks me that most of the original articles start with ' foster child threatens to run away, then disappears.'
Why not.. 'foster child goes missing on trip to dump trash with foster mom' ?
Foster mom said she went to answer phone and he was gone, no wait she turned around and he disappeared ? What's the other story?

She happened to notice he wasn't with her, IIRC :rolleyes:

ITA w/ ya Chicana -- CPS & the court is deflecting...a kid went missing on their watch & now it's somebody else's fault.

salem if that logic follows, they didn suspect her till after she pased a polygraph.
i need asprin.

A long-standing criticism of polygraphs is that there are two types of people who pass them with flying colors - those who are telling the truth and pathological liars.

A long-standing criticism of polygraphs is that there are two types of people who pass them with flying colors - those who are telling the truth and pathological liars.

So .. what is JR's story? Truth or path. lying? I'm going with truth here. Why wouldn't JR also spirit away her young daughter? Was it just too difficult to get a four year old to walk to the trash with the foster mom?

I wish we knew a little more about the dogs following Patrick's trail to the Beltway.

When looking at some of the past articles, they say that Patrick was seen leaving the lobby of the building. This leads me to believe they have video of him walking out? So LE knows he left the building. Where did he go? It does sound as if Patrick has some knowledge of the public transportation system, IF and that's a big IF, JR was asking Patrick on the phone what transit lines they used to get places.

Praying this child is found alive, safe and SOON!

Salem

Would this case be worth putting in a request to our Astros? Has anyone done so?

We don't have foster mom's name or info yet, but we have Patrick's and bio-mom's info.

Would this case be worth putting in a request to our Astros? Has anyone done so?

We don't have foster mom's name or info yet, but we have Patrick's and bio-mom's info.

Good idea, and foster mom's name was listed in an article on here.

I agree. Good idea. It may help to make some sense of what has happened here.

Will you ask Idaho and then those of us that are interested can go and thank your post.

Salem

Yep, I will work on getting a post together right now.

Can anyone find: Patrick's place of birth, Bio mom's date of birth, Foster mom's name and date of birth

I know I've seen the case worker's name, but don't remember seeing foster mom's.

Mom speaks out on missing 7-year-old

Police continue the search for a 7-year-old boy who went missing Jan. 22nd from his Brooklyn home.

As police still maintain a presence, continuing to search for little Patrick, his mother is speaking out about her missing son.

"I don't have my son. I want to find my son," said Jennifer Rodriguez.

Rodriguez's son, 7-year-old Patrick Alford has now been missing for 12 days and the mom will not stop searching.

[snip]

The mother pleaded for the boy to come home. "Patrick, if you're seeing this, I love you. I am not going to stop looking for you. I just want you to be home, she said. "I feel like this is a bad dream, a nightmare for me," adds Rodriguez.

[snip]

Police have largely focused their search in and around the massive apartment complex.

Eyewitness News was there exclusively as a canine unit went about searching the park land along Hendrix creek just to the east and now his mother is hoping someone will come forward.

"I'm willing to offer a $10,000 reward for any information that leads to my son," adds Rodriguez.

Jennifer admits she is trying to work through problems to get her children back but she's also critical of ACS which oversees the children's care.

"They're supposed to promise my son safety in their hands. There was no safety and now my son is missing and no one knows where he is at," Jennifer said.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=7255943

Mom speaks out on missing 7-year-old (snip)

"I don't have my son. I want to find my son," said Jennifer Rodriguez.

Rodriguez's son, 7-year-old Patrick Alford has now been missing for 12 days and the mom will not stop searching.

[snip]

The mother pleaded for the boy to come home. "Patrick, if you're seeing this, I love you. I am not going to stop looking for you. I just want you to be home, she said. "I feel like this is a bad dream, a nightmare for me," adds Rodriguez.

[snip]

(snip)

"I'm willing to offer a $10,000 reward for any information that leads to my son," adds Rodriguez.

Jennifer admits she is trying to work through problems to get her children back but she's also critical of ACS which oversees the children's care.

"They're supposed to promise my son safety in their hands. There was no safety and now my son is missing and no one knows where he is at," Jennifer said.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=7255943

(Dark green "snips" mine, snipped for space.)

Maybe I'm just gullible, but the things this mother is saying make it sound to me like she truly does miss her son and wants him back.

I can't help but wonder how she would be able to afford a $10K reward though, considering that she was under arrest for petit larceny, IIRC. Could someone have offered to help her with the reward, perhaps? Or, maybe she really does have the money, and stole something despite having funds to pay for it (?).

I'm with you, Solstice. I could be wrong. Been wrong before. But I do believe her.

I was wondering about that reward, too. I really don't see how she could possibly afford to give a $10K reward. My impression of it was that she has probably heard about other missing child cases where rewards have been offered, and figured she would throw it out there, not realizing how it actually works.

Speaking of rewards, though, is there one for Patrick? I don't think I've seen anything about it. Shame.

I'm with you, Solstice. I could be wrong. Been wrong before. But I do believe her.

I was wondering about that reward, too. I really don't see how she could possibly afford to give a $10K reward. My impression of it was that she has probably heard about other missing child cases where rewards have been offered, and figured she would throw it out there, not realizing how it actually works.

Speaking of rewards, though, is there one for Patrick? I don't think I've seen anything about it. Shame.

Strange quote. I assumed she did not have sufficient funds to bribe the foster mother and here she is offering $10k for a reward.

Was there a video on this ?
If so I can't see it, would someone check to see if it's just my puter ?

Strange quote. I assumed she did not have sufficient funds to bribe the foster mother and here she is offering $10k for a reward.

Did she try to bribe the foster mother ?

Did she try to bribe the foster mother ?

CLARIFICATION -

I never said she bribed the foster mother and I see that my comment could easily be taken out of context.

Some people here suggested that the foster mother was in on some deal with the bio mom. I had commented earlier that I doubted the foster mother would give up a cash flow of 20 years taking in kids to help reunite one kid. I added that I doubted the bio mom had ample resources to bribe the foster mother even if that was her intent.

Idaho - I would assume that Patrick was born in New York? Just where I'm not certain. I have to go to a meeting, but when I get back I will look through the early articles again. I'm sure it said the mom moved from one place to another, but iirc, both places were still in NY.

Salem

Yep, I will work on getting a post together right now.

Can anyone find: Patrick's place of birth, Bio mom's date of birth, Foster mom's name and date of birth

I know I've seen the case worker's name, but don't remember seeing foster mom's.

Just bringing this down in hopes that someone is good with records searches!

Thanks, Salem! I think you're right about NY for Patrick's birthplace.

I think the biggest things we need right now for the astros are mom's date of birth (Jennifer Rodriguez, 23, New Brighton), and foster mom's date of birth (Librada Moran, 58, Brooklyn).

You'd think they could at least get Patrick's name right. Geez. Patrick Arnold?

Mother of missing Brooklyn boy released from jail, maintains innocence

[snip]

Despite the results of the polygraph test Rodriguez received while she was in police custody, the Administration for Children's Services believes she had a role in Arnold's disappearance, according to the Daily News.

The boy's foster family claims Rodriguez called their home incessantly up until the time Arnold disappeared, reports News 12 Brooklyn.

Rodriguez insists she has no idea how her son disappeared and no knowledge of his whereabouts and called claims insisting otherwise ridiculous.

More: http://www.examiner.com/x-31526-Bro...yn-boy-released-from-jail-maintains-innocence

You'd think they could at least get Patrick's name right. Geez. Patrick Arnold?

Mother of missing Brooklyn boy released from jail, maintains innocence

[snip]

Despite the results of the polygraph test Rodriguez received while she was in police custody, the Administration for Children's Services believes she had a role in Arnold's disappearance, according to the Daily News.

The boy's foster family claims Rodriguez called their home incessantly up until the time Arnold disappeared, reports News 12 Brooklyn.

Rodriguez insists she has no idea how her son disappeared and no knowledge of his whereabouts and called claims insisting otherwise ridiculous.

More: http://www.examiner.com/x-31526-Bro...yn-boy-released-from-jail-maintains-innocence

The nerve of her calling to check on her children!!!
They make it sound like her incessant calling is something bad. How many of us would do the same, if we didn't know how our children were or if they were being taken care of ? Obviously she was right to be worried.
It kinda contradicts the drug addicted,neglectful mother claims.

This is making me sick, I don't think he's coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519