NY NY - Patrick Alford, 7, Brooklyn, 22 Jan 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The nerve of her calling to check on her children!!!
They make it sound like her incessant calling is something bad. How many of us would do the same, if we didn't know how our children were or if they were being taken care of ? Obviously she was right to be worried.
It kinda contradicts the drug addicted,neglectful mother claims.

This is making me sick, I don't think he's coming back.

But..... the foster home doesn't have to answer the calls, anyway. I agree with you Chicana about mom's motives. What I question here is why the foster mom is complaining. Foster mom could have called Social Services. Patrick's contact with mom could have been limited to once a day. This should not have been a problem. Answer the phone, tell mom she can call back between this time and that time. When she calls back, she talks to her child. Then no more calls for the rest of the day. This is done all the time, even with parents in custody cases.

And yes, JR's behavior in calling her children does contradict the drug addicted, neglect claims.

We need to sleuth that foster mom, me thinks.

Off to see if I can find birthdays,

Salem

But..... the foster home doesn't have to answer the calls, anyway. I agree with you Chicana about mom's motives. What I question here is why the foster mom is complaining. Foster mom could have called Social Services. Patrick's contact with mom could have been limited to once a day. This should not have been a problem. Answer the phone, tell mom she can call back between this time and that time. When she calls back, she talks to her child. Then no more calls for the rest of the day. This is done all the time, even with parents in custody cases.

And yes, JR's behavior in calling her children does contradict the drug addicted, neglect claims.

We need to sleuth that foster mom, me thinks.

Off to see if I can find birthdays,

Salem

I couldn't find much on foster mom. She could be protecting another family member.

What County are these folks in? Does anyone know? Mom is from Staten Island right now - but NY has 5 counties within the city alone. My mind is spinning!

Salem

Okay - maybe I will tomorrow. I can not find any arrest reports on the NY website. I'm sure I am doing something wrong but I'm too tired to figure out what it is.

I just read this thread, and this is so very sad. I believe the mother, but in the same respect I also beleive the foster moms story. If Patrick wanted to be with his mom, as most 7 year olds would than I beleive he could have very well slipped past the foster mom without being seen thinking he could find his way back to his mommy. Which leads to a very scary thought that he did leave on his own on a dark night, exposed to the elements and has not been seen since, this means he was picked up by someone or got lost in the night. I wonder how long a scared child could survive in the cold.

Salem - Brooklyn is Kings County.

I think Mom knows more than she's saying. I hope so anyway, because that would mean that he's safe. I do think she loves himvery much.

Thank you Eliza. I'll see what I can find. We know mom was booked into Riker's Island last week, so there should be some kind of record?

If anyone has experience with NY's arrest records - I could use some guidance.

TIA,

Salem

Okay, found the charge: PL 140.05 00 Violation Description Trespass

I don't think that's her, Salem. I think she's supposed to be 23-years-old, which would make her birth year either 1986 or 1987.

Okay, found the charge: PL 140.05 00 Violation Description Trespass

Is this moms charge that lead to her losing her children? If so, good lord. I guess I'm damned lucky my 14 year old son wasn't taken away from me for trespassing on RR tracks.

I don't think that's her, Salem. I think she's supposed to be 23-years-old, which would make her birth year either 1986 or 1987.

You are absolutely right and I edited my post. Do you think she goes by another name? I wonder if Jennifer is her middle name and she has another, legal first name that was used?

Salem

Don't know, Salem. I changed my post, too, because I don't know if that's THE Jennifer R.'s case.

Don't know, Salem. I changed my post, too, because I don't know if that's THE Jennifer R.'s case.

Her charge was for petit larceny - this could fall under a "trespass" category.

The NY system is very confusing - my head is exploding. There has to be some record of her, but I am coming up empty everywhere I try.

Do we know if she has a myspace? I'm going to see if I can get more info on her and then I'll try searching the records again. :waitasec:

Salem

Is this moms charge that lead to her losing her children? If so, good lord. I guess I'm damned lucky my 14 year old son wasn't taken away from me for trespassing on RR tracks.

Hi SuziQ - nice to see you in Patrick's thread.

The media reports the charges against her were from petit larceny. I suppose this could come under a "trespass" definition. I'd have to read up on it. I'm really thinking this mom's kids were taken because she butted heads with CPS or whatever they call it.

Just not sure what is going on in this case, except that little Patrick is missing. :(

Salem

I checked the inmate site last night and came up empty. I'm assuming that is because she was released on Tuesday. The site doesn't appear to show anyone that has been released?

Salem

Here's a link to the court calander: http://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/web...&textJudgeName=&rbOutputFormat=HTML&txtEmail=

Judge's name is McElrath. It just keeps spinning and won't load so I'll try again in a bit.

She was probably never in the Riker's database as she was being held for civil contempt. I know from actual experience (I was not locked up) that with the frequency in which Corrections moves people around, it takes a while for inmate data to be put in a system and is frequently antiquated if you actually want to plan a visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member