NY NY - Patrick Alford, 7, Brooklyn, 22 Jan 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I made a lot of mistakes in my life. I messed up, but I was never a bad mom to my son."

[snip]

"I told them I needed help, I needed a program so I could stay clean for my kids," she said. "I reached out to them and then they took my kids. They said I neglected my son, but now he's missing."

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/02/west_brighton_mom_insists_she.html

Snipping done by me, respectfully.

I really do believe her. If she had something to do with this, I will really be surprised. Also, her quote at the end of the article, if she is to be believed, really makes it seem that Patrick would not run away to her.

"He looked OK, he seemed happy," she recalled. "He told me that he loves me and he knew he would be able to come home soon."

On a separate issue, if a parent reaches out for help, their children should not be immediately taken away, IMO. They are showing initiative, they want help, they want to change. If they are willing to change, I really think that those kids are the ones in the least amount of danger (usually, not always).

bumping for Patrick. We have so many cases going on right now, we can't even keep the most active on the 1st page. :(

Prayers for all the missing. I hope they all come home soon.

Salem

Thanks chrissybk. I'm glad that they are still heavily searching the area for him, despite ACS claims. (At least, I hope thats what the helicoptor noises mean.)

And no news this morning. Wonder if the helicopters found anything?

Salem

Don't know if this was posted or not, but it looks like the bio mom was taken into custody again at the vigil on Wednesday night.

Shortly after Rodriguez made a plea for help finding her missing son, police took her into custody. According to her family, there is a restraining order against her and she was not supposed to be anywhere near the foster family's home. Rodriguez was not arrested, they said.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?id=7255943&section=news/local

I guess that means Patrick's little sister is still w/ the same foster family.

I wonder if she's still in jail or if she's been told to keep her mouth shut. Wasn't that the last time we heard anything about Patrick ?

Really, what kind of help is Patrick's mom going to get from a social worker that publicly calls her a drug addict and pathological liar.
I have a feeling she's never going to get her children back and they will continue to blame her for Patrick's disappearance.

i still say foster mom or fosteer parents are responsible.
sure bio-mom makes a good scapegoat...........but how exactly did she mastermind his dissapearence behind bars?

This is turning into a huge fiasco. I pray that LE isn't falling into the trap and believing all that ACS is saying. It sounds like they are still searching for Patrick, and I hope they keep doing so.

Even if LE isn't falling into the trap, I fear that the majority of the general public is. Most people probably believe that mom has him hidden somewhere, because that is what's been all over the news. So they won't keep an eye open for Patrick, or for clues.

As an earlier article said, the most important thing right now is that there is a MISSING 7 YEAR OLD BOY out there somewhere. He needs to be found. Punish whoever did it after that.

i still say foster mom or fosteer parents are responsible.
sure bio-mom makes a good scapegoat...........but how exactly did she mastermind his dissapearence behind bars?

Not sure if this was posted before but there is a very simple way for the bio family to make contact with the foster family. All they had to do was instruct Patrick to call home from the foster family's land line and bingo, they got the telephone number. You can do reverse call look ups (not all numbers of course) and you might get a street address.

so if they were talking to Patrick someone connected with the bio family might have told him to be near the lobby at a set time or something along those lines.

Good points webrocket - but do you think the biofamily would tell Patrick to go all the way to Bayline Road - a very, very busy street? It was reported earlier that the dogs had tracked his scent to this location. Someone posted some maps and pictures. I sure would not send my 7-year old to such a location at 9:00 p.m. in the dark :(

Salem

Good points webrocket - but do you think the biofamily would tell Patrick to go all the way to Bayline Road - a very, very busy street? It was reported earlier that the dogs had tracked his scent to this location. Someone posted some maps and pictures. I sure would not send my 7-year old to such a location at 9:00 p.m. in the dark :(

Salem

Actually, having read the Sarah Rogers thread where dogs picked up the scent a long time after the event, I'm not sure what trail the dogs picked up. Did not mean he never walked out that way before, but the dogs might have picked up an older scent.

I would also like to know what ever came of the man's home that had Patrick's scent in it. No follow-up was ever done that we were told of. And if there was a reason for Patrick to have been there in the past, they should have said that. But the man said that he didn't have a clue about Patrick, except for what the news had said. Did I miss something?

1. What led them to search there?
2. Why would Patrick's scent be there if he didn't know him?
3. Was he the man connected to mom, or was this someone else?

Bumping --This one is getting to me for some reason....

I know what you mean, palmerk.....no updates from LE saying they still have leads coming in that they're working.

Where is Patrick??

Off to email some of the reporters of previous articles about Patrick, hoping for an update.

At least that's productive, and better than watching these lame Super Bowl commercials.

ETA: Well, I guess I thought that most articles would have those, "You can contact the reporter here" things. Apparantly not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xWitheringRosex