NY NY - Patrick Alford, 7, Brooklyn, 22 Jan 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be her:

ChargeDetailDisposition/SentencePL 155.25 00
**TOP CHARGE** A Misdemeanor, 1 count, Arrest charge, Arraignment charge Description Petit Larceny
PL 165.40 00 A Misdemeanor, 1 count, Arrest charge, Arraignment charge Description Crim Pssesn Stln Prop 5th

http://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/web...ecordType=C&recordNum=17568559#DocketSentence

This looks right because her next court date is this coming Tuesday which would be Feb 9th? Not the 8th? Maybe typo? Or maybe the 8th is for the larceny and the 9th for family court?

Salem

Says her birth year is 1987 - but does not give month or day. For her to be 23, her bday has to be sometime between Jan. 1 and Feb. 4th, right?

No middle initial either :(

Salem

Eliza - I have to go for bit and I will be back. Thank you so much for your help this morning. I was really lost out there in NY - biggest city I have ever visited on my electronic travels :)

Salem

Yeah, you'd think the Big Apple would have better technology and have all of these records (a la Florida) online. However, there's probably more lawyers in NY per square mile, so...

A few things I dug up is that the mom lived or lives in the West Brighton section of Staten Island which is considered the North Shore area. I think I found the home of her aunt in West Brighton (doesn't help finding Patrick, though...).

Oh and Mom's arrest was by the 122nd precinct in Staten Island.

Thank you all for looking so hard for info! I tried a little last night, but I'm so inexperienced with looking up court records, and the NY stuff was just making it worse!

Ok I searched family court records by judge, it's strange that this is the only case he has (in family court anyway) from now til March 4th.

Richmond County Family Court
02/15/2010 9:00 AM 14329 B-02409-09/10A Return of Process

Then I searched by case # 14329 & found what I believe are the court dates/dockets for Patrick's mom. It doesn't give names, but again, this is the only case that judge has on the docket this month.

File# Docket# Judge Part Appearance
Date/Time Purpose(s) Attorney(s) Type / For Court
Location Email
Notification
14329 B-02409-09 Honorable Karen B. Wolff 1 06/01/2010 2:15 PM Fact Finding

14329 B-02409-09/10A Honorable Terrence J. McElrath 1 02/15/2010 9:00 AM Return of Process

14329 NN-02768-07 Marcelle Z. Brandes, Court Attorney Referee 41 05/14/2010 3:00 PM Permanency Planning Hearing

Do you see the significance of these dates ?
She didn't even have a chance to get them back until May 14Th.
Patrick likely knew that he wasn't going to be with his mommy for a very long time.
3 months is an eternity for a 7 year old and I'd imagine for any mother to be be apart.
Since there's no other info, I'm betting the 4 year old is still with the foster mom who lost Patrick.

Hi everyone, I live down the block from the foster mom's building. Alot of this story just doesn't make sense. If I can answer anyone's questions about the neighborhood I would be more than happy to. I'm praying for Patrick to be found.

Hi everyone, I live down the block from the foster mom's building. Alot of this story just doesn't make sense. If I can answer anyone's questions about the neighborhood I would be more than happy to. I'm praying for Patrick to be found.

Theories ??
Do you know anything about the foster family ?

"I made a lot of mistakes in my life. I messed up, but I was never a bad mom to my son."

The West Brighton boy was last seen on Jan. 22 in the lobby of East New York's Spring Creek Development, where he had been placed with a foster mother after Ms. Rodriguez lost custody of Patrick and her two other children on Dec. 26.
Ms. Rodriguez contends she called ACS herself a few days before her arrest.
"I told them I needed help, I needed a program so I could stay clean for my kids," she said. "I reached out to them and then they took my kids. They said I neglected my son, but now he's missing."

It also appears she hadn't been allowed to see him for 20 days.

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/02/west_brighton_mom_insists_she.html

Thanks for the warm welcome. The foster family has stayed very low key to my knowledge. Now, we all know that children talk, and what I am about to say has not been confirmed. This comes from my soon to be foster child. He said that Patrick's foster brother said that Patrick went to throw away the trash alone and never came back. There is also a rumor that a red tshirt was found hanging in a tree behind the Associated supermarket in our neighborhood. I am hoping that is not true because to me that would be a bad sign. My friend met the bio-mom while she was in Starrett on Wednesday night and he is among many that believe her and are supporting her.

my son's friend came to me as a runaway from his foster home on December 15, 2009. it took until the 18th to get a call back from his caseworker, who said "i'm so glad he is safe, but since it's Friday night, would you mind keeping him until Monday?" I said I would and he said "I will call you Monday." He then hung up with no info about me other than my first name and cell number. I didn't hear back from him until Wednesday. He asked if he could come by and talk to me about becoming a foster parent. We met and he said the child could stay with me as an emergency foster home until I become licensed.
On Friday, January 22, 2010 I had a meeting with the supervisor of the caseworker to further the process. Everything went smoothly. At 7pm that night the caseworker called me to tell me he was coming to take the child to a temp home until I am licensed. He said the agency needs to cover their as*. A few hours later we hear about Patrick. Makes me really wonder. What do you guys think?

my son's friend came to me as a runaway from his foster home on December 15, 2009. it took until the 18th to get a call back from his caseworker, who said "i'm so glad he is safe, but since it's Friday night, would you mind keeping him until Monday?" I said I would and he said "I will call you Monday." He then hung up with no info about me other than my first name and cell number. I didn't hear back from him until Wednesday. He asked if he could come by and talk to me about becoming a foster parent. We met and he said the child could stay with me as an emergency foster home until I become licensed.
On Friday, January 22, 2010 I had a meeting with the supervisor of the caseworker to further the process. Everything went smoothly. At 7pm that night the caseworker called me to tell me he was coming to take the child to a temp home until I am licensed. He said the agency needs to cover their as*. A few hours later we hear about Patrick. Makes me really wonder. What do you guys think?

Nice to meet you chrissy! We appreciate you joining us & helping to figure out what happened to Patrick.

I think I'm not alone w/ I say that there's definitely CYA going on...IMO, the judge who threw the mom in jail is part of it. (JMOOOC)

I still don't trust the foster mother's story
I think something awful has happened to Patrick and IMO it's the foster mother's fault
either she didn't properly supervise him or did something violent to him
I hope I'm wrong & he is happily re-united with someone who cares about him

~bolded by me~
Thanks for the warm welcome. The foster family has stayed very low key to my knowledge. Now, we all know that children talk, and what I am about to say has not been confirmed. This comes from my soon to be foster child. He said that Patrick's foster brother said that Patrick went to throw away the trash alone and never came back. There is also a rumor that a red tshirt was found hanging in a tree behind the Associated supermarket in our neighborhood. I am hoping that is not true because to me that would be a bad sign. My friend met the bio-mom while she was in Starrett on Wednesday night and he is among many that believe her and are supporting her.

Hi chrissy and welcome!

Can you tell us if LE searched behind the Associated Supermarket? I'm thinking this is just one of those neighborhood rumors that runs rampant in any local story. BUT if you saw LE doing an active and intense search in the area - then maybe there is something to it?

TIA,

Salem

Whoa
This agency has a lot of room to talk about neglect. This is scary.
It sounds like they already knew about Patrick when they came to get your kid and that's why they were covering their azz's.
Be careful what you post, if they recognize you, they might not let you foster your son's friend.
What kind of investigation do they do before approving a foster parent ? Do they also check on other people who live in the home ?

I still don't trust the foster mother's story
I think something awful has happened to Patrick and IMO it's the foster mother's fault
either she didn't properly supervise him or did something violent to him
I hope I'm wrong & he is happily re-united with someone who cares about him

If the rumor is true, I wonder if the other kids saw him take the trash or if that's what the foster mother told them ?

~bolded by me~

Hi chrissy and welcome!

Can you tell us if LE searched behind the Associated Supermarket? I'm thinking this is just one of those neighborhood rumors that runs rampant in any local story. BUT if you saw LE doing an active and intense search in the area - then maybe there is something to it?

TIA,

Salem

They have been consistently and intensely searching the entire complex day and night.

Whoa
This agency has a lot of room to talk about neglect. This is scary.
It sounds like they already knew about Patrick when they came to get your kid and that's why they were covering their azz's.
Be careful what you post, if they recognize you, they might not let you foster your son's friend.
What kind of investigation do they do before approving a foster parent ? Do they also check on other people who live in the home ?

I don't know for sure if its the same agency but it seems too much of a coincidence to me. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ