FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know exactly WHEN he went to MS? I haven't seen that info anywhere.

I think the aunt said two and a half weeks, but I'm not 100%. I think I might have posted that concurrent w/a news4jax broadcast Friday.

Didn't want you thinking you weren't being read. :)

Anyone know what is going on with JH's case. He was arrested on thursday and I thought it was just a temp hold of 72 hours.

Court in Mississippi was canceled due to snow Friday. Monday is a legal holiday. Extradition hearing is scheduled for Tuesday.

That's not what I said. I was adding to my post above that one.

Looking at the map, Callahan is on the direct route from Orange Park to the landfill in Georgia.
IMO he had access to both homes.

My theory was...what if he snatched her in Orange Park and quickly left the area? That would explain how he was not seen disposing of Somer's body that night while the search was going on.
What if then he killed her in Callahan and drove the 30 minutes or so to the public landfill.

It was a theory that involved the landfill, not the neighborhood.

Thanks for making it more clear.

It was my understanding that the garbage came from the neighborhood around Somer's home, where as the trucks were followed by officers straight to the collection point in the local area, and then followed to the landfill in Georgia.

I have not heard that there was a stopover at Callahan, but at this point everything and anything is possible, as we may not have had all the information that LE have had since the beginning.

:)

I

Lipin:

At the time I posted that, I was sorta thinking out loud of different things that could have happened.

I don't know how to put a map on here, but if you go to mapquest, put in orange park (where Somer was taken) to callahan (where they were searching a residence on Thursay), to folkston (where public landfill is) ...it's a pretty straight shot.

I find this interesting.

Esp since several people have been questioning LE's story about a "hunch" to follow garbage trucks.

Could he have been suspected early on? Did LE searchh the landfill because they thought JH may have put her there? Maybe they just did not have enough evidence at the time to charge.

IDK

Now my head is really spinning....

could JH have taken Somer immediatly from the Orange Park area to Callahan, did what he did, then drove the 30 minutes or so from Callahan to the public landfill and disposed of her precious little body????

That would explain how he would have had time to do what he did (I hate typing the horrid details that are in my mind), kill her, and dispose of her that night while Orange Park was on high alert searching for Somer.

He could have been long gone from the area by 5:00pm.

JMO - and thinking out loud.

ETA: he could have planned this out way beforehand and knew he would have to get her out of the neighborhood quickly before LE started searching.

IMO the home in Callahan could be the crime scene.

Yep Doc, that's what they said.

But, would they smudge on the truth in an effort to conceal what they knew already on this guy? Wouldn't be the firt time that tactic was used.

Maybe they suspected him but did not have enough physical evidence at the time.

Just a theory.

I know a lot of people have doubted the story LE told about the garbage truck situation. The name of the detective that suggested it has changed several times.

Could be a ploy by LE IMO.

ETA: Also would explain why we did not see much coverage of the landfill search IMO.

I think stranger things have happened.

And, I know LE sometimes misleads the public if it serves a purpose.

Court in Mississippi was canceled due to snow Friday. Monday is a legal holiday. Extradition hearing is scheduled for Tuesday.

IIRC, on the local news up here I thought I heard that JH is fighting the
extradition to Fla.
But news did say something about a hearing on Tuesday.
Bet in 72 legal hours the FBI will make a bigger charge than child *advertiser censored*........
like MURDER of SOMER!!!!

Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125

Looking at the map, Callahan is on the direct route from Orange Park to the landfill in Georgia.

My theory was...what if he snatched her in Orange Park and quickly left the area? That would explain how he was not seen disposing of Somer's body that night while the search was going on.
What if then he killed her in Callahan and drove the 30 minutes or so to the public landfill.

There was NO stop over anywhere! A garbage truck we do not know which one (LE knows) emptied the dumpster Somer was place in somewhere in Clay County and took the load to the landfill in Green Cove Springs, Clay County. It then emptied the load into processor then loaded onto larger trucks. Those truck went from Green Cove Springs, Clay County Rosemary dump to the landfill in Georgia with LE car following each truck and watching each truck dump load and then LE searched each dumped load and found Somer in one of them. Nothing else this is what happened.

Granny:

That's what they say happened.

Maybe that is what happened. We'll see when we see the evidence.

Again, IMO, LE sometimes smudges the truth when dealing with the public in the name of protecting their investigation.

It is a theory. It may or may not be a correct theory.

But, IMO there is no way we can know exactly what happened until we see the evidence when the Sunshine law comes in.

I think I read somewhere that JH refused extradition. Is refusing an option?? "You're being extradited to Florida on child *advertiser censored* charges" reply "No, I'm not". LMAO. Anyone have an opinion on that?

I think I read somewhere that JH refused extradition. Is refusing an option?? "You're being extradited to Florida on child *advertiser censored* charges" reply "No, I'm not". LMAO. Anyone have an opinion on that?

I've heard of perps refusing extradition. It just prolongs it.
He will be back in Florida soon. IMO

would the trash from callhan be taken to the same place and when was the pick up day for that area?

would the trash from callhan be taken to the same place and when was the pick up day for that area?

I don't know. I would asume so. The landfill is only about 20-30 minutes from there.

Granny:

That's what they say happened.

Maybe that is what happened. We'll see when we see the evidence.

Again, IMO, LE sometimes smudges the truth when dealing with the public in the name of protecting their investigation.

It is a theory. It may or may not be a correct theory.

But, IMO there is no way we can know exactly what happened until we see the evidence when the Sunshine law comes in.

I know LE at times go around the truth to protect the Investigation, rightfully so. I can honestly say I have no doubt what I stated is what happened. The mix up on who suggested they follow the trucks was just that a mix up. It does not take away from the truth.

It will be a while before we see anything with the Sunshine law. Remember it is an FBI case and they are not bound by the SSL at least not in Caylee/Casey Anthony case. It's federal not state and the SSL is a Florida law.

I don't know. I would asume so. The landfill is only about 20-30 minutes from there.

That would depend on who they have a contract with. Also if they have a local dump site. Until a few years ago Clay County had a number of Garbage company's and they dumped at different locations. We were billed and paid the company direct. Now we have one company and we pay so much a year through our taxes for garbage removal.

Like your Avatar, my grandaughter played softball for 10 years both school and travel. I miss it so much!

I know LE at times go around the truth to protect the Investigation, rightfully so. I can honestly say I have no doubt what I stated is what happened. The mix up on who suggested they follow the trucks was just that a mix up. It does not take away from the truth.

It will be a while before we see anything with the Sunshine law. Remember it is an FBI case and they are not bound by the SSL at least not in Caylee/Casey Anthony case. It's federal not state and the SSL is a Florida law.

I may be misunderstanding the sunshine law.

I thought as soon as someone is charged, the evidence that they have so far is public record.

So, if it's an FBI case, does this not mean the state of Florida will charge him?

I'm confused on that.

I thought if the state charged him, they had to release what they have on him.

Also, (again, just thinking out loud) the case now that involves child *advertiser censored* is a federal case and we have already seen arrest warrents with detailed info from how and who reported what on him regarding the computer.

I may be misunderstanding the sunshine law.

I thought as soon as someone is charged, the evidence that they have so far is public record.

So, if it's an FBI case, does this not mean the state of Florida will charge him?

I'm confused on that.

I thought if the state charged him, they had to release what they have on him.

The way I understand it is once the defense receives the evidence it can be released to the public if requested. Not automatic. If it is something they do not want released they can hold it back and not give it to the defense right away. Right now JH is being held on Fed charges, maybe different if he is charged for murder. But will still be held until defense get it.

In the Caylee Anthony case her lawyer keeps trying to get FBI records and the Judge keeps telling him he has no authority that he must request from the FBI himself. Now the State does not have the infomation in writing but sure they do verbally.

I'll try to find the correct info on SSL. I know it has been posted on other threads. Hope this makes a little sense and hekps.

Also, (again, just thinking out loud) the case now that involves child *advertiser censored* is a federal case and we have already seen arrest warrents with detailed info from how and who reported what on him regarding the computer.

Thats right. It is the inital police report and warrant. You have not seen the statement of witnesses their Polygraph test etc. Only read about them in the paper or TV on what they themselves have told. Nothing from the police. They have not released the names of the people who turned in the computer and disc, location or anything. The people have told who they are not LE. We won't see any statement from JH or others until they are ready to release them, then the SSL will come into play regarding what happened to Somer.

In the Anthony case which is about 18 months old there is a lot of info not released yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fitriawastuti