WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Age 16 is the cut off in Washington state.

"A person is guilty of rape of a child in the third degree when the person has sexual intercourse with another who is at least fourteen years old but less than sixteen years old and not married to the perpetrator and the perpetrator is at least forty-eight months older than the victim." RCW 9A.44.079

wow i thought it was 17....thanks for the info.

it doesn't matter. by law you can not sleep with a kid under 17. the guy knew better not to be with a minor....i hate to say this but there is alot of guys in wenatchee that like younger girls. back in 1996 they was this big sex scandal that happened here. about 1200 cases of child sexual abuse was reported. there is still people in prison for it

That wasn't the issue I was referring to.

That's pretty condesending and that's not what I mean! What I mean by consensual is that he did not "rape" in the typical sense. They "met" more than once and she admitted to them doing other stuff. When mom found out, charges were brought.

I'm not doing anymore research on that particular topic...

Wow - sorry, I thought that's what you meant. I didn't know you had personal resources with regard to this topic. I'm new at this - again, sorry.

Respectfully, by the time you cross the Sellar bridge bottleneck etc., I believe it would be closer to 30-40 min

yup your right....i always take sunset highway because of less traffic.
i hate the traffic in wenatchee

This is a 4th degree assault charge. This isn't the incident with MC. The incident with MC was dismissed for nonappearance by either party.

Yes, IIRC the incident with Mac was prosecuted, but the restraining order was not granted because of non-appearance. You can also look up his name on the WW search to bring up the news of record that details all of the charges and sentence.

MOO is the boat launch question from LE was not based on a registration from a phone. I suspect it was based on PUD footage from a camera. A cell phone next to water in a valley... definitely not from the ping. As a former investigator I will GUARANTEE there is a ton of data not being released.

Age 16 is the cut off in Washington state.

"A person is guilty of rape of a child in the third degree when the person has sexual intercourse with another who is at least fourteen years old but less than sixteen years old and not married to the perpetrator and the perpetrator is at least forty-eight months older than the victim." RCW 9A.44.079

Just to clarify; MC was 13 - VD was 17 at that moment in 2005.

someone to kill mac the way they did tells me the LE is in a hurry to catch this person(s) because i get this gut feeling maybe the killer isn't finished yet. i'm wondering maybe people she knows is possibly in danger. just my theory. someone on here made a comment that the family is scared.

Oh, and AFAIK VDD was confirmed to be in jail at the time of her disappearance and not released until fairly recently, so he can definitely be excluded.

Wow Sherlock - can you fit this into the timeline regarding the known points?

Boat Ramp 3:40ish

Rock Island 5:40ish - how much longer to CB from this point?

With flow of moderate traffic at that time of day, based upon times I've driven that way, I'd say 10-12 minutes to the turnoff from the highway to CB. Another few minutes to get to the property. So 15 minutes or so is a good estimate, I'd say- either way, coming or going

What if the perp was leaving CB and heading for the canyon? How much time to get to the approx. place the car was left?

OK, I'd say about 15-18 minutes from the dam to the Columbia River Bridge in South Wenatchee, then 15-20 minutes to spot on PC road if traffic is fairly busy. Between 4 to around 6 the traffic on the west side of the bridge can be pretty busy. Maybe add in a few minutes - say 5- to the spot where the car was found as I doubt anyone would drive too fast as to bring too much attention.

So it would likely take 35-43 minutes to get the car where it was found at PCR

Thanks,

Salem

I think I see where you may be going with this. Here is a posibility:

SPECULTATION

5:42- Last Phone Ping as car/phone passes RI Dam
5:57 or 6:00- Car arrives at CB w/ MC in it

6:10- car leaves CB after MC is left on property
6:25- car passes dam where phone had pinged
Approx. 6:40 to 6:43- car crosses Columbia River at North Wenatchee
Approx. 7:00 to 7:10 - car is left up PC road- approx same time RH notices it.

This leaves 10-13 minutes to unload the body. It's do-able. I have not made this exact trip but often make one of similar distance. In light traffic, I can easily get from the CB turnoff to a spot in town that is about equal distance as to the PCR turnoff in 30-35 minutes.

Salem, I hope this is what you were asking for and helpful

Speculation Follows:
Warning, somewhat graphic:
  • LE reports MC as being at least near the boat dock ~ 3:40 pm. She could be near Gold's Gym, it's close to the dock.
  • MC sees someone she recognizes (but does not really *know*) outside of or near the Gym or the dock .. a muscle head who uses steroids, perhaps also is a hunter or a moto-cross biker. Think '8'.
  • He followed her from the Hair Design Academy, he's done it before but never from the lot ... he knows there are cameras.
  • Over time, this individual also has watched MC workout at the Gym ... he's *interested*.
  • He charms MC into conversation at the dock, perhaps to eat with him.
  • He is already munching and has more food in a bag in his vehicle. He grabs the bag.
  • They proceed in her vehicle to spec house so they could eat indoors.
  • The individual carries the bag into the spec house, walking behind MC.
  • Once inside, it's immediate and swift ... MC doesn't know what hit her.
  • The individual advances on MC for sexual purpose but she refuses.
  • He removes something from the bag to threaten and then attacks MC.
  • She is dazed but attempts to fight back. A struggle ensues.
  • Steroid anger builds, the individual attempts to quiet MC by placing the now-empty bag over her head and striking her head with the handle of the item from the bag.
  • MC falls to the floor and the individual falls on top of her, raging, and strangles MC with the bag still over her head.
  • The individual stabs MC in the neck once ... the blade blocks blood flow to her brain. It's over in a less than a minute.
  • The individual wipes the blade on something in the spec house.
  • He tightens the bag over MC's head and cleans up a bit.
  • He carries MC to her car.
  • He drives aimlessly at first then decides to bring her to the CB property to dump her body.
  • While there he wants to do more to her body but is distracted by a vehicle traveling along CB.
  • He decides otherwise and leaves the scene in MC's car.
  • He drives to PC and walks away from the scene.
MOO

it doesn't matter. by law you can not sleep with a kid under 17. the guy knew better not to be with a minor....i hate to say this but there is alot of guys in wenatchee that like younger girls. back in 1996 they was this big sex scandal that happened here. about 1200 cases of child sexual abuse was reported. there is still people in prison for it

IIRC, much, if not all of that scandal was shown to be a witch hunt brought about by coerced testimony...

ETA: Sorry, ChelanCountyMom, I forgot to hit "refresh" on my computer before posting to see if anyone else had brought this up. Didn't realize how much I'd fallen behind! Anyone else - click on ChelanCountyMom's link for a story about the witch hunt.

Oh, and AFAIK VDD was confirmed to be in jail at the time of her disappearance and not released until fairly recently, so he can definitely be excluded.

Unless he hired some hit men from the inside...hey, just saying ;)

MOO is the boat launch question from LE was not based on a registration from a phone. I suspect it was based on PUD footage from a camera. A cell phone next to water in a valley... definitely not from the ping. As a former investigator I will GUARANTEE there is a ton of data not being released.

I think so too. I never understood how a registration ping could pinpoint her so specifically, isn't the range much wider? And with the gym right there unless they had footage how would they know she was at the boat launch specifically?

Makes me wonder though why they want eyewitness sightings? Maybe her and her guest never exited the car at all and the cams couldn't pick it up, or maybe they want a witness to an argument or something.

Yes, IIRC the incident with Mac was prosecuted, but the restraining order was not granted because of non-appearance. You can also look up his name on the WW search to bring up the news of record that details all of the charges and sentence.

Interesting Girlfawkes, did you refer to MC as Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekmtl