2010.05.01 Lindsy has filed for divorce

BBM-
I agree with this reason also. I believe LC did just graduate from LPN school and should be eligible to sit for the State Board exam soon, if she hasn't already. The MEDIAN income for an LPN is ~45K/yr...this is not a fortune obviously, but IMO it would make it difficult for her to qualify for much in the way of state aid.

I was an LPN in my home state for a number of years (not Fla, BTW) and during some of that time I was a single mother of three receiving no child support from my ex. I applied for assistance because my son was put on an expensive medication that was not covered by insurance. When I sent in my financial info, I was basically told that I would just have to get a second job (which is what I did for a few years) because my income was too high to qualify for any assistance.This goes back a few years, and as I said, the guidelines are different from state to state so I could be wrong, but I find it hard to believe that she would be eligible for much, if any, assistance.

I am more inclined to believe that she is hoping to avoid being financially responsible if ToC gets hit with fines similar to Hope's.

I also have to wonder if there is an issue with her passing a background check for the State Nursing Board since she is so closely associated with known drug users and criminals...IDK how far in depth the background check goes, even though LC herself may not have a criminal record. Just thinking out loud on this point, because IDK...:twocents: MOO, and all that...

She has already sit and passed her state boards. The issue would be in passing the background checks that jobs do because she would be handling medications in most jobs that she would get. With her husband and his family being all over the news, especially the involvement that they have with prescription drugs, it would be hard for any business to get malpractice insurance on her as well.

She might be able to get state assistance because of her children not getting child support... not based on what she makes, but the father being in jail with zero income and unable to support them. They base the amount of assistance on the number of children, not on the mom's income. The state will take up the slack because they can't go after Tommy while he's incarcerated.

Also, if she is divorced from Tommy, his being in jail should not be a consideration when she applies for a job, as long as she is clean and has no history of drugs and no convictions herself. Around here, nurses are in demand and some nursing homes will hire just about anyone who is breathing and will show up for work. But as long as her record is clean, Tommy's incarceration shouldn't matter.

UCN: 542010DR000740FDXXXX
File Date: 2010-04-28 Disposition Date:
File Type: DISSOLUTION - DR02
Judge: A W NICHOLS III

Plaintiffs
CROSLIN LINDSY KATE Defendants
CROSLIN HANK

Date Docket Description
2010-04-28 001.CIVIL COVER SHEET

2010-04-28 002.PETITION FOR DISSOLUTION OF MARRIAGE

2010-04-30 003.SUMMONS ISSUED TO: HANK CROSLIN

2010-04-30 004.FILING FEE RECEIPT

2010-05-10 005.RTN OF SVC ON HANK CROSLIN SVD 05/03/10 DUE 05/23/10

2010-05-10 DEFAULT AVAIL 05/28/10

2010-05-10 006.RESPONSE TO SUMMONS : HANK CROSLIN

Brought this over here so I wouldn't be making discussion in the court updates thread. Does anyone know what the bolded, red portion means/. TIA

From what I am reading on various lawyer's offices site in Florida, the date of default, which is about 20 days after filing, is when response is due, or it is considered an uncontested divorce, in which case it can happen very quickly. So it seems Tommy has until that date to respond.

From what I am reading on various lawyer's offices site in Florida, the date of default, which is about 20 days after filing, is when response is due, or it is considered an uncontested divorce, in which case it can happen very quickly. So it seems Tommy has until that date to respond.

According to what was just posted, Tommy responded on the 10th of this month.

According to what was just posted, Tommy responded on the 10th of this month.

Not sure, but it looks to me like he was not served, the service was returned. I could be wrong.

ETA: Sorry see it now!

UCN: 542010DR000740FDXXXX
File Date: 2010-04-28 Disposition Date:
File Type: DISSOLUTION - DR02
Judge: A W NICHOLS III

Plaintiffs
CROSLIN LINDSY KATE Defendants
CROSLIN HANK

Date Docket Description
2010-04-28 001.CIVIL COVER SHEET

2010-04-28 002.PETITION FOR DISSOLUTION OF MARRIAGE

2010-04-30 003.SUMMONS ISSUED TO: HANK CROSLIN

2010-04-30 004.FILING FEE RECEIPT

2010-05-10 005.RTN OF SVC ON HANK CROSLIN SVD 05/03/10 DUE 05/23/10

2010-05-10 DEFAULT AVAIL 05/28/10

2010-05-10 006.RESPONSE TO SUMMONS : HANK CROSLIN

Brought this over here so I wouldn't be making discussion in the court updates thread. Does anyone know what the bolded, red portion means/. TIA

What the line in red means is: Hank (Tommy) has until the 28th to file a response to the divorce petition.
Hank was served.

Lindsy has been living the single life since January. Her only contacts with her husband have been letters, phone calls and jail visits. She ran a lot of errands on his behalf as well, it seems.

Lindsy has her kids, new friends and a new home; she enjoys these all, even without her husband there. Maybe because he is not there! Lindsy has had a chance to do things for herself that she might not have had opportunities for when Tommy was around. She has gone out socially, she said in her last convo with Tommy-- "twice." I think she is finding life has much to offer, and she is liking it alot now.

I think Lindsy is ready to live life to its fullest, and realizes she can better do this without the ball and chain that Tommy was. IMO.

Not sure, but it looks to me like he was not served, the service was returned. I could be wrong.

ETA: Sorry see it now!

When I was a paralegal I loved having Respondents in jail because I could always get them served. We always knew where they were.

I don't see any reason at all for Lindsey having to be divorced to get any state aid. Lots of separated women get foodstamps, daycare funding, etc. She may not be eligible for much except maybe daycare because she'll earn quite a bit as a nurse. Lindsey probably doesn't want to be equally responsible for any debt or lawsuits if Crystal files wrongful death suits. Seems like they all may have known lots more than they admit and have suspicious stories, so I'm wondering if Tommy confessed to cheating on her and that's why she's divorcing him.

I don't see any reason at all for Lindsey having to be divorced to get any state aid. Lots of separated women get foodstamps, daycare funding, etc. She may not be eligible for much except maybe daycare because she'll earn quite a bit as a nurse. Lindsey probably doesn't want to be equally responsible for any debt or lawsuits if Crystal files wrongful death suits. Seems like they all may have known lots more than they admit and have suspicious stories, so I'm wondering if Tommy confessed to cheating on her and that's why she's divorcing him.

It appears that she has heard "the story" as Tommy stated to his grandmother on the phone. She has HEARD the story before! Yet, she sits on the phone with Tommy at the jail saying over and over that's crazy, that's just crazy. Uh-huh. The innocent wife doesn't look so innocent now and she's trying to distance herself from all this. It's too late Lindsey. You've known far more than anyone realized for far too long. How soon after the phone call with GGH did she get the tattoo of Haleigh? She knew the truth was coming out, ready or not.

It appears that she has heard "the story" as Tommy stated to his grandmother on the phone. She has HEARD the story before! Yet, she sits on the phone with Tommy at the jail saying over and over that's crazy, that's just crazy. Uh-huh. The innocent wife doesn't look so innocent now and she's trying to distance herself from all this. It's too late Lindsey. You've known far more than anyone realized for far too long. How soon after the phone call with GGH did she get the tattoo of Haleigh? She knew the truth was coming out, ready or not.

You've got a very valid point there-- Tommy did indicate she knew the story! WTH is wrong with these people? :banghead:

Regarding the tats though, Chelsea got the one of Haleigh, Lindsy got one with Tom's name, irrc. Heck, lots of cash for tats in this group.

You've got a very valid point there-- Tommy did indicate she knew the story! WTH is wrong with these people? :banghead:

Regarding the tats though, Chelsea got the one of Haleigh, Lindsy got one with Tom's name, irrc. Heck, lots of cash for tats in this group.

Thanks for the correction on the tattoo......now I'm scratching my head wondering if the whole fam damily knew!

Is Werter the only source we have that the divorce is on hold? Sorry if this is a dumb question but by looking at the docket it doesn't explain it. I am wondering if Werter is trying to make his client look better by telling that the divorce is on hold? Any thoughts?

Is Werter the only source we have that the divorce is on hold? Sorry if this is a dumb question but by looking at the docket it doesn't explain it. I am wondering if Werter is trying to make his client look better by telling that the divorce is on hold? Any thoughts?
he seems to believe everything Tommy says, so maybe he told him? I think Linsey has been in the know, for awhile, so I don't get why she'd even bother filing for divorce. She knows what Tommy is & shouldn't be surprised that he's involved. But, I'm thinking the lawyer talked her into waiting, as a legal maneuver, to make Tommy look better.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value
Back