UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how SS was planning on explaining the abuse to her ex when Ethan went back home. He was old enough to tell his dad everything that happened to him.

You know, that's a really good point! Unless she wasn't planning on sending him home (as was the biggest worry Ethans daddy thought he had :() OR did she know after the abuse started, that she would have to make sure that Ethan was never able to tell? Scary biotch I tell you...NOTHING would surprise me at this point, nevertheless, I am very much afraid of what we will find out happened in this poor little guys last days...<<<shudders>>>

es7777.jpg

Ethan Stacy update: Autopsy report, information to be released tomorrow (video)

http://health-beauty-2468.blogspot.com/2010/05/ethan-stacy-update-autopsy-report.html

Earlier today, a report was released by ABC 4 news stating that Ethan’s mother responded by mail to a request for a comment from the woman accused of murder. She replied by writing the words “Ha,Ha,Ha” on the back of the letter then mailed it back to the station. She also stated that she has been advised of her rights and won’t comment. The response seems extremely harsh, even for a woman accused of watching as her son was beaten to death.

If Stephanie Sloop is to stand trial, there is little doubt that she will find any sympathy with a jury.

Which is very very good.

Thank you Calliope!! It helps to know that Joe has so many memories of his little guy!! It seems they squeezed alot of love into Ethan's short 4 years!! ~sigh~
This may be my new favorite photo of daddy and son!!:angel:

Thank you Calliope!! It helps to know that Joe has so many memories of his little guy!! It seems they squeezed alot of love into Ethan's short 4 years!! ~sigh~
This may be my new favorite photo of daddy and son!!:angel:

They sure did. That little guy was cherished by so many. In case you missed it above, this one made me laugh. It's just too cute.

http://www.facebook.com/beckyhickselswick

They sure did. That little guy was cherished by so many. In case you missed it above, this one made me laugh. It's just too cute.

http://www.facebook.com/beckyhickselswick

Alright-I can't make up my mind which photo I like best!! It's amazing how my feelings are still as fresh as when this awful case broke!! I see Ethan's picture and still get goosebumps-I can't imagine how Joe is dealing with this (especially if he got the autopsy results today)!!
Lord, please watch over Joe and his family!!
Amen.jpg

My heart just aches for Joe and everyone who loved little Ethan. I will pray for them all to find some measure of peace someday.

I just cannot understand how anyone could hurt that sweet, little angel boy.

I look forward to the day when his killers have to answer for what they've done.

cannot WAIT for tomorrow.

Justice.

It is a big word isn't it? I hope it delivers.

Eyes4crime...
Can you read over and/or edit the Stephanie Time-Line? I've sent it to you via private message.

We need to do everything we can to make sure Ethan's Law passes.

With all due respect, and hopefully I don't make anyone mad by saying this, but there are pieces of Ethan's Law that concern me. I know that the intentions are good, and I agree that someone who has abandoned their child should have supervised visits if they initiate contact after a length of time, but even this could be used in harmful ways. For example, what about a soldier serving overseas? If the wife leaves, can she then say he "abandoned" the child? Would a vindictive ex be able to move, not provide address and still claim the other parent "abandoned" the child? Having been a single parent, I can see too many ways here that a spiteful ex could use this law to the detriment of the children involved.

I agree that we need to have something good come out of this situation, and I feel deeply troubled to think about what Joe and his family are going through, but I would hate to see innocent people hurt by a law passed when emotions are high.

On that note, please don't throw things at me. This is just MOO.

Sorry, I really do not know a whole ton about trials and cases, I am wondering about how long it will be before these two are handed their punishment? It seems the prosecution has plenty of evidence and with the COD being released tomorrow I'm hoping this does not turn out to be a circus and these two will just be done with in no time. I realize if the do get the DP that it could be years before being carried out, if it even happens. I just don't want to hear about these two anymore, ever again, see their pictures, I don't want anyone interviewing them and giving them publicity, I just want them to rot in hell where they belong. Let Ethan's family and the public remember him as the sweet little angle he was and never have to see or hear about these two again.

With all due respect, and hopefully I don't make anyone mad by saying this, but there are pieces of Ethan's Law that concern me. I know that the intentions are good, and I agree that someone who has abandoned their child should have supervised visits if they initiate contact after a length of time, but even this could be used in harmful ways. For example, what about a soldier serving overseas? If the wife leaves, can she then say he "abandoned" the child? Would a vindictive ex be able to move, not provide address and still claim the other parent "abandoned" the child? Having been a single parent, I can see too many ways here that a spiteful ex could use this law to the detriment of the children involved.

I agree that we need to have something good come out of this situation, and I feel deeply troubled to think about what Joe and his family are going through, but I would hate to see innocent people hurt by a law passed when emotions are high.

On that note, please don't throw things at me. This is just MOO.

I see what you are saying but I'm sure the "abadonment" issue would have to be fully proven, you have to document things, judges don't just go based off lies, a solidier being oversees is in no way seen to be abadonding their child. And if one parent moves they are required (unless there are reasons safety is concerned) to provide that information to the other parent and you again would document when you informed the parent of that. I have spent a lot of time talking to split parents and learning how to make my opinions and voice heard without my son's father calling me a liar and vindictive because that is all he does. I document everything and everything I took to the judge requesting supervised visits is all backed up. I don't think judges just go by he said she said, they need something to work with. My son's father threatned to run off with him and change his number, he told me I should kill myself, just vile things and these things happen to more people then we think so something needs to be done and I agree with many of the things in Ethan's law proposal, except letting a small child have a voice, they love their parents but cannot at such a young age see the damage one may be doing.

Sorry, I really do not know a whole ton about trials and cases, I am wondering about how long it will be before these two are handed their punishment? It seems the prosecution has plenty of evidence and with the COD being released tomorrow I'm hoping this does not turn out to be a circus and these two will just be done with in no time. I realize if the do get the DP that it could be years before being carried out, if it even happens. I just don't want to hear about these two anymore, ever again, see their pictures, I don't want anyone interviewing them and giving them publicity, I just want them to rot in hell where they belong. Let Ethan's family and the public remember him as the sweet little angle he was and never have to see or hear about these two again.

Some years ago, and I can't remember when or the specific case, a mother testified in the sentencing portion of a capital trial and asked for LWOP. Her reasoning was compelling. She wanted the murderer thrown away and forgotten. She didn't want to see appeals and protests and people holding candlelight vigils for the man who killed her child. She just wanted him tossed away where no one would ever see or hear from him again.

She was much more eloquent than I am here, but that's the gist of what she asked for.

Some years ago, and I can't remember when or the specific case, a mother testified in the sentencing portion of a capital trial and asked for LWOP. Her reasoning was compelling. She wanted the murderer thrown away and forgotten. She didn't want to see appeals and protests and people holding candlelight vigils for the man who killed her child. She just wanted him tossed away where no one would ever see or hear from him again.

She was much more eloquent than I am here, but that's the gist of what she asked for.

I like this idea, but I think honestly the state's attorney should leave it up to Joe and his family after discussing all the possibilities with them.

i seem to remember when ted bundy was executed there werent too many people lighting candles.......unless they were fireworks. it depends on what type of murderer is being executed.

you will hear often, even here at websleuths, 'i normally oppose the dp but in this case i'll make an exception'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels