UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I hope that is not an option, it needs to be the DP, not LWOP. I hate it already that my taxes give prisoners three hot meals and a comfortable place to stay as it is.

Well, LWOP is cheaper than the DP, but that doesn't matter. I'm generally against the DP, however I gladly make an exception in this case. They don't deserve to draw breath.

Well, LWOP is cheaper than the DP, but that doesn't matter. I'm generally against the DP, however I gladly make an exception in this case. They don't deserve to draw breath.[/QUOTE

Forgive me for not understanding the DP as I live in Canada. I still do not understand how LWOP can possibly be cheaper than the DP!

Well, LWOP is cheaper than the DP, but that doesn't matter. I'm generally against the DP, however I gladly make an exception in this case. They don't deserve to draw breath.

Forgive me for not understanding the DP as I live in Canada. I still do not understand how LWOP can possibly be cheaper than the DP!

I think housing LWOP is cheaper by day...even though it will be longer...and in the US the automatic appeal process can be pricey.

And for some of these LWOP means general population...and maybe they wouldn't last too long

Mamabear's right. I'm on my way out right now, but I'll see if I can find the statistics and get back to you later.

I am not always pro DP, I feel it depends on the situation and the crime. One criteria I always felt was important was if the person were to somehow get out of prison, would they commit the crime again? After seeing SS's response last night, I realized she was more than just a spineless observer/bystander. She had an active role in the torture and murder of her BABY and ENJOYED it. She would kill again, I think.

I always thought killers like this were pretty rare-what are the chances two would meet up and marry? Maybe it isn't as rare as I thought.

wow, no kidding. How extremely inapparopriate.

HA HA HA??? really lady? Your kid is dead, beaten to death, human excrement forced down his throat, and you are accused of participating part and parcel and your response to a letter asking for comment is HA HA HA.

I hope they fry this sick b*tch and her "loving" new hubby too. I'd like to give these two a honeymoon to remember.

wow, no kidding. How extremely inapparopriate.

HA HA HA??? really lady? Your kid is dead, beaten to death, human excrement forced down his throat, and you are accused of participating part and parcel and your response to a letter asking for comment is HA HA HA.

I hope they fry this sick b*tch and her "loving" new hubby too. I'd like to give these two a honeymoon to remember.

God, I love the way you think!!!!

Somehow, I can see NS accepting a plea offer in exchange for LWOP. SS? Not so much.

I think that beneath NS "bad boy" exterior he is nothing more than a bully who is scared __________ (and that's putting it nicely) I think he would be most likely to cop a plea. I thought SS would too until the 'HA HA' incident. Now I think she is delusional and a complete whack a doodle to write something so stupid, she's probably stupid enough to go to trial thinking that people will feel sorry for her. :loser:

all jmo :cow:

I wonder how SS was planning on explaining the abuse to her ex when Ethan went back home. He was old enough to tell his dad everything that happened to him.

I wonder how SS was planning on explaining the abuse to her ex when Ethan went back home. He was old enough to tell his dad everything that happened to him.

IMO After the initial beating-they knew Ethan could never go home!! They knew they could never let him tell his daddy or anyone what happened-AND EVEN THEN COULD NOT SHOW HIM ANY MERCY!:furious:

I think housing LWOP is cheaper by day...even though it will be longer...and in the US the automatic appeal process can be pricey.

And for some of these LWOP means general population...and maybe they wouldn't last too long

Let's not forget the cost of all the gazillion appeals that go along with the DP. moo

"HA, HA, HA (in capital letters she writes), I've invoked my right to remain silent or didn't my attorney already say that?" Sloop wrote in large letters in pencil on the back of our request then mailed it in our lilac self-addressed envelope we originally enclosed.

Is she trying to be the 'intelligent' one - or the 'cute' one? If Joe gets his wish for the DP, she won't have even have to worry about the noise her breathing makes. What a disgusting creature she is! :eek: moo

Let's not forget the cost of all the gazillion appeals that go along with the DP. moo

Only thing is: LWOP is normally 15 – 25 years, or never (depending on jurisdiction) So if they get LWOP they may still be a chance they can get out.

I would rather pay the extra for the DP then run a chance of them getting out.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_imprisonment

Personally, I would prefer if they would throw them into general population, make their cell mate someone who is already in the there for LWOP, and that the inmate take care of them for society.

LWOP=Life sentence without the chance of parole.

Understood, but when they deem a life sentence, they attach years to it. Unless in that state it is actually until they die. Or until it is overturned.

Case in point: The Michigan governor's approval of freeing a 71-year-old former Warren man who has spent 42 years in prison for killing a man is vigorously opposed by the victim's family and Macomb prosecutors. Dante Ferrazza, who was sentenced to life in prison without a chance for parole in 1967, is scheduled to be released from prison in January 2009 after the governor in October endorsed a recommendation from the Parole Board.

source: http://www.prodeathpenalty.com/LWOP.htm

That is what concerns me. They can get the sentence, and it can be overturned.

Another example from the same page:

Man again sentenced to death in '92 slaying

RENO, NV -- A man who earlier escaped a death sentence on appeal has been sentenced again to die for a 1992 killing. His attorney said he will appeal again. A Washoe District Court jury deliberated about four hours Tuesday before choosing death for Melvin Geary. His public defender, Steve Gregory, asked unsuccessfully for a mishearing because Deputy District Attorney Egan Walker said Geary had chosen death. District Judge Margaret Springgate rejected the motion, and Gregory said he would appeal. Geary had faced death for stabbing 71-year-old Edward Colvin of Sparks with a boning knife after Colvin took him in. The sentence was reversed by the state Supreme Court, which found an error in the penalty hearing and ordered the new hearing. Geary served 13 years of a life sentence for the stabbing death of a Las Vegas woman in 1973, again with a boning knife. He was freed after the state Parole Board commuted his sentence from life without parole to life with parole.

That worries me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member