UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right. The 5th Amendment is your right to remain silent and protect against self incrimination. I thought that looked weird when I saw it. I wonder if it was a reporting error?

No doubt. A criminal defense attorney would be well versed in the 5th.

Fifth. Sixth. Reporter probably heard it wrong. Scary to think that they (and their editor) didn't know the difference, though.

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...aks-out-from-Jail/d8wuDhTYOEmTKU3_btzmWA.cspx

However, Criminal Defense Attorney Greg Skordas says sending the letter was a bad idea. "Her tone is offensive and mocking," Skordas told ABC4 after reading it. "It's creepy," he continued and said that if her defense wanted to say she wasn't mentally competent at the time of the murder, the letter contradicts that defense. "She references the 6th amendment of the constitution, it contras any potential defense if she says she doesn't remember or was in a fog, " Skordas believes.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Glad to hear this from a defense attorney. Thank you Mr. Skordas!

Yep, Stephanie Sloop is one sick b**** clearly enjoying every moment of what she and lover boy did to her son. Her flippant attitude is very indicative of her feelings for her child and what she and lover boy did to that innocent child.

Whatever they get, even the DP, will be too good for those two.

JMO

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Glad to hear this from a defense attorney. Thank you Mr. Skordas!

Yep, Stephanie Sloop is one sick b**** clearly enjoying every moment of what she and lover boy did to her son. Her flippant attitude is very indicative of her feelings for her child and what she and lover boy did to that innocent child.

Whatever they get, even the DP, will be too good for those two.

JMO

Well, that made my morning!! I'm not normally pro-DP-however, in this case I'd gladly go and watch!! And wear an "My Mommy is HOT T-shirt!!:furious:

Well, that made my morning!! I'm not normally pro-DP-however, in this case I'd gladly go and watch!! And wear an "My Mommy is HOT T-shirt!!:furious:

I'm not normally pro DP either, however in some cases I think it is (unfortunately) necessary.

May I request should you do that with your t-shirt - would you please make sure it is a picture of Stephanie burning in Hell with the words my mommy is HOT? Because that is the only place Stephanie is ever going to be 'hot'. I can can envision a shirt just like that. Stephanies smiliing face surrounding by flames and pitchforks, and Stephanie loving every minute of being so 'hot'.

:furious:

JMO

I'm not normally pro DP either, however in some cases I think it is (unfortunately) necessary.

May I request should you do that with your t-shirt - would you please make sure it is a picture of Stephanie burning in Hell with the words my mommy is HOT? Because that is the only place Stephanie is ever going to be 'hot'. I can can envision a shirt just like that. Stephanies smiliing face surrounding by flames and pitchforks, and Stephanie loving every minute of being so hot.

JMO
Better yet, "My Mommy will be HOT FOR ETERNITY!"

May I request should you do that with your t-shirt - would you please make sure it is a picture of Stephanie burning in Hell with the words my mommy is HOT? Because that is the only place Stephanie is ever going to be 'hot'. I can can envision a shirt just like that. Stephanies smiliing face surrounding by flames and pitchforks, and Stephanie loving every minute of being so 'hot'.

JMO

Wonderful idea!! Maybe it should say-"Are ya getting hot Mommy?" or "You think you're hot now-just wait!!":furious:

Sounds like SS's attorney needs to explain to her that 'invoking her right to remain silent' means she shut the he!! up.

I hope Mr. Rawlings & Co. took note of this.

Sounds like SS's attorney needs to explain to her that 'invoking her right to remain silent' means she shut the he!! up.

I hope Mr. Rawlings & Co. took note of this.

As Ron White from Blue Collar comedy tour states...

I Had the Right to Remain Silent....But I Didn't have the Ability

So she admits to police she knew someone would report Ethan's injuries if they took him out in public (when getting married). She admits that she knew she'd be arrested for his death. She admits going to hideous extremes to disfigure his body, hide / bury the body, and destroy evidence. She admits lying to police about him being *missing*. She then references her Constitutional rights (5th AND 6th), indicating that she is cognizant of those rights and is capable of assisting in her defense. The tone of her response shows a complete lack of remorse and empathy, a sense of entitlement, and that she views this all as some sort of "joke".

Her attorney ---> :banghead:

Is her attorney court appointed?

of COURSE! A FEMALE! cause SS was in an abusive realtionship and forced to do what she did!! PARDON ME WHILE I PUKE!!! :sick: :sick: :sick:

??

I don't think she was appointed because she's female. But regardless, that is the only defense they could possibly put forward... I can't think of anything else they could use. And that is on very shaky ground, considering all she's admitted to, the photos and FB comments and messages, her movements during that week, etc.

I'm betting once charges are filed, and it's apparent that Mr. Rawlings is going to push for the death penalty, she advises her client to plead guilty in exchange for LWOP. I haven't figured out yet if I think she'll take that advice. What evidence I've seen of her personality so far tells me she won't.

All jmo of course.

??

I don't think she was appointed because she's female. But regardless, that is the only defense they could possibly put forward... I can't think of anything else they could use. And that is on very shaky ground, considering all she's admitted to, the photos and FB comments and messages, her movements during that week, etc.

I'm betting once charges are filed, and it's apparent that Mr. Rawlings is going to push for the death penalty, she advises her client to plead guilty in exchange for LWOP. I haven't figured out yet if I think she'll take that advice. What evidence I've seen of her personality so far tells me she won't.

All jmo of course.

BBM~
I don't either... I was being snarky this time. :blushing:

I figured you were. This whole thing has me on edge like no other; I didn't mean anything against you at all. I apologize if it sounded that way.

BTW, check out this photo of Ethan in his Daddy's Army boots: and they are on the wrong feet! AWWWWWWWWWWWW

http://www.facebook.com/beckyhickselswick

LOL!! How adorable!!!

What a little soldier! Gives a whole new meaning to "Some heros wear capes.. mine wears army boots!"

??

All jmo of course.

BBM. I fully agree!! I think SS and NS are too stupid ( while they think they are too smart) and neither would take a plea if offered one. I just don't see that happening with these two even though it would be in their best interest to do so, if offered.

BBM. I fully agree!! I think SS and NS are too stupid ( while they think they are too smart) and neither would take a plea if offered one. I just don't see that happening with these two even though it would be in their best interest to do so, if offered.

Somehow, I can see NS accepting a plea offer in exchange for LWOP. SS? Not so much.

Somehow, I can see NS accepting a plea offer in exchange for LWOP. SS? Not so much.

Oh I hope that is not an option, it needs to be the DP, not LWOP. I hate it already that my taxes give prisoners three hot meals and a comfortable place to stay as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda