Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 7 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
See my post above...I don't think it is Busch Gardens. Because if he left B Gardens Sun night, he could have made the drive to MI for Monday morning.
How could that be his alibi?

And when did he stop at WalMart? That's about a 12 hour drive, give or take. Over 700 miles.

Given what the article stated, he had alibis for both Sunday and Monday. Makes sense he would, considering the distance involved. I can't think of any reason why the police would seize his BG pass, unless it somehow had something to do with his alibi. BG was only open on weekends at the time, so it would have had to cover his whereabouts on Sunday.

But then again, maybe he never said a word about Busch Gardens, and the cops just wanted a vacation. Who knows.

I'm not so sure the ID is that foolproof, although of course they want you to think it is. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they've already blown holes in this whole thing. It could be a trick of timing or of a look-alike buying the pass. Maybe it was all those times my brother tricked me as a kid, but now I'm slow to accept anything that could be explained by slight of hand.

I would bet that the person who impersonated him probably wasn't aware at the time that Doug would be using his "free time" to kidnap and murder his wife. Maybe the police have a very good idea of who it is and how it was done. Unless the person is an absolute fool, they will lawyer up and come forward to make a deal to keep from being charged as an accomplice to murder.

As for the fingerprint ID, I'm sure it's not foolproof. Is everyone required to use the fingerprint system, or is it just an option for those who want to go thru a speedier line?

Well, it's not necessarily that crazy. He WOULD set up an alibi -- he's not an idiot; he knows he'd be POI #1. Maybe he got a chubby friend to put on a hat and withdraw money from his account at an ATM. Something like that.

The irregular way information is trickling out about this case is driving me seriously up the wall, though. It's hard to make sense of this latest bit of info without knowing what the alibi IS.

i understand they want to keep things close to the vest and all that, but why not give out a generic statement about his alibi? Hey, did anyone happen to ride Loch Ness Monster with this guy ????

lol

I don't think that's how it works.

The pass would have recorded info if he was at the park that day and if it was used and for what time, gate, etc. I seriously doubt he would have used that as an alibi knowing how they process visitors with passes if he used the ol' 'oops I burned my finger' routine.

It's a great way to get an electronically recorded alibi. Give a friend or family member who looks similar to you your pass and your photo ID and a roll of gauze. Or stick their finger on an oven burner :)

I have a name for the impersonator. I shall call him or her... the Douginator. :dance:

And when did he stop at WalMart? That's about a 12 hour drive, give or take. Over 700 miles.

Given what the article stated, he had alibis for both Sunday and Monday. Makes sense he would, considering the distance involved. I can't think of any reason why the police would seize his BG pass, unless it somehow had something to do with his alibi. BG was only open on weekends at the time, so it would have had to cover his whereabouts on Sunday.

But then again, maybe he never said a word about Busch Gardens, and the cops just wanted a vacation. Who knows.

Or maybe they took them thinking maybe they were of value to the investigation and then it turned out to not be. We don't know.
Even if he was there, WE don't know what time he left Sunday.

So, like maggio said, until we know what the alibi is/was, it's hard to make sense of any of this new info.

What this latest makes me think is that none of the physical evidence is placing him at the scene...and that so far his alibi has held up...so they need to break that to show he could have been in Michigan...JMO

I would bet that the person who impersonated him probably wasn't aware at the time that Doug would be using his "free time" to kidnap and murder his wife. Maybe the police have a very good idea of who it is and how it was done. Unless the person is an absolute fool, they will lawyer up and come forward to make a deal to keep from being charged as an accomplice to murder.

As for the fingerprint ID, I'm sure it's not foolproof. Is everyone required to use the fingerprint system, or is it just an option for those who want to go thru a speedier line?

Huh?

It's required for those using passes (which is what they seized). My daughter went to BG not long ago (maybe she saw Doug!); she went on a regular ticket. I'll ask her when she gets home if there were any security measures. I haven't been in ages, it seems like things have changed a lot since 9/11 :(

What this latest makes me think is that none of the physical evidence is placing him at the scene...and that so far his alibi has held up...so they need to break that to show he could have been in Michigan...JMO

See, I'm thinking they have MUCH more than we know and they have evidence, but are having a hard time cracking the alibi.
But, as I said before. If they think he was impersonated in NN, the alibi could not be THAT great, because, if an impersonator can trick the alibi, they must not know DS very well.
Unless, the alibi in NN is some sort of video from a store or an atm machine or something. That would be very easy to "trick" by an impersonator IMO.

I think the opposite - that evidence tests came back place him there conclusively. They don't need eye witnesses as evidenced by their request for a Douginator. They just need to figure out how he concocted an alibi.

:cow:

Another thought...

His apartment may have security cameras.

Huh?

It's required for those using passes (which is what they seized). My daughter went to BG not long ago (maybe she saw Doug!); she went on a regular ticket. I'll ask her when she gets home if there were any security measures. I haven't been in ages, it seems like things have changed a lot since 9/11 :(

They have to have an alternative (the regular ticket with that photo ID they tell you to bring in case of problems) in case the scanner malfunctions or a person has a handicap that prevents them from using the finger scanner. Can't discriminate against the disabled. Amputees, those with birth defects, those with e.g. rheumatoid arthritis would file a lawsuit - and win.

Or maybe they took them thinking maybe they were of value to the investigation and then it turned out to not be. We don't know.
Even if he was there, WE don't know what time he left Sunday.

So, like maggio said, until we know what the alibi is/was, it's hard to make sense of any of this new info.

True. And it depends on what time the purchases were made at WalMart, too. Even if he left the park early (why even bother ??) then he'd still have to have enough time to get to *wherever*, Ohio to buy his murder kit. The evidence already reads like it came from the pages of a bad detective novel, if he bought that stuff in the middle of the night... good grief.

I think the opposite - that evidence tests came back place him there conclusively. They don't need eye witnesses as evidenced by their request for a Douginator. They just need to figure out how he concocted an alibi.

:cow:

Me too....I'm thinking they are getting more and more evidence it was him and now they are like "hey, how was he in 2 places at once??? He was on that video??? There must be an imposter!!!!!"

Something like that.

I'm almost willing to bet his alibi is a form of video from somewhere (atm, store, apartment cameras (like puff said)...something.

Again, it would be very easy for someone who looks like DS to drive his car up to one of those places, get out, and be caught on the video.
DS would think that is a GREAT alibi.

I think MSP is on to something here.

Who's the guy in the background? He looks kinda like Doug.

doug-stewart-052810_20100528180136_320_240.JPG

Me too....I'm thinking they are getting more and more evidence it was him and now they are like "hey, how was he in 2 places at once??? He was on that video??? There must be an imposter!!!!!"

Something like that.

I'm almost willing to bet his alibi is a form of video from somewhere (atm, store, apartment cameras (like puff said)...something.

Again, it would be very easy for someone who looks like DS to drive his car up to one of those places, get out, and be caught on the video.
DS would think that is a GREAT alibi.

I think MSP is on to something here.

Video, picture, or someone who identified him by sight that it was him. Since they're asking also for anyone who thinks they saw him, I'm thinking video or picture as well.

But I really love my oozing burned finger alibi :(

Douginator! Douginator! I lkie it, BeanE!

Who will volunteer to see if we can fool a fingerprint sensor with a picture of a fingerprint or an impression in something like that gooey stuff they use at the dentist to make an impression of your teeth? It would come out backwards, so you'd have to make the imperssion, use it as a mold, then use the molder "finger" on a sensor programmed to accept that fingerprint. Volunteers?

Douginator! Douginator! I lkie it, BeanE!

Who will volunteer to see if we can fool a fingerprint sensor with a picture of a fingerprint or an impression in something like that gooey stuff they use at the dentist to make an impression of your teeth? It would come out backwards, so you'd have to make the imperssion, use it as a mold, then use the molder "finger" on a sensor programmed to accept that fingerprint. Volunteers?

:waitasec:

I may need to go back and read this a couple more times before I volunteer. Just saying. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuznFinder