2010.07.01-Family/ LE Presume Kyron Is Alive~ Need SM To Cooperate UPDATED 2010.07.03

Status
Not open for further replies.
DY also left a note at the school for Kyron. I hope it remains undisturbed by the media (read WW) and that he gets to read it one day.

I read on KHOD on FB that a lady takes down the notes each night and puts them back in teh morning so they dont get wet.

If little Kyron's body is recovered and key teeth are missing that were not missing, well, I'd say Kaine is in big doo doo.

Otherwise, who cares?

IMO

Good lord! With so few laughs available in this situation I must say that gave me a chuckle.

Exactly! I was thinking, "better living through pharmaceuticals"

Respectfully edited.

I'm sure that there are times when many of us wish that we had some of those "happy pills". Alas! Most of us are forced to face the grim reality of the hand that has been dealt us, and there isn't a "magic" pill that will cure us. For the time being, I would gladly accept any of the stife that this family has to bear for the loss of their precious little guy, but I implore them - all of the family - to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth - so that Kyron receives the justice that he deserves in this world. jmo

Something bothers me : if TH had planned to harm Kyron,and had constructed a precise,carefully thought out plan, what if : the school had realized right away that Kyron was missing, and the school officials did not go with the appointment scenario. Instead they called TH on her cell phone. In other words,TH's careful plan would have unraveled. Very quickly....

IMO,if she had planned to harm Kyron that morning,there was no way she could have been sure that the school wouldn't figure out he was missing right away. It makes no sense at all... Something really odd going on here....

All JMO

Respectfully edited.

I'm sure that there are times when many of us wish that we had some of those "happy pills". Alas! Most of us are forced to face the grim reality of the hand that has been dealt us, and there isn't a "magic" pill that will cure us. For the time being, I would gladly accept any of the stife that this family has to bear for the loss of their precious little guy, but I implore them - all of the family - to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth - so that Kyron receives the justice that he deserves in this world. jmo

Oh, I agree with all that. I just meant that she was making it through that long set of taped interviews last week so well, as opposed to whatever was happening yesterday.

I know I used Xanax once to enable me to better be able to say what I wanted to say at a funeral of a family member, going into an ugly cry right then wouldn't have helped me any. The short term help in no way lessens the impact of the loss or the long term dealing with the pain. I was pleased she was able to do so well and grateful for any RX help she may or may not have had.

This is starting to get off track. Let's get back on track or we can assume the topic has wore itself out and the thread needs to be closed.

Thanks!

Very astute catch about the change in demeanor, Ms Peel. Very interesting about some news sources not being allowed. Was something received by LE that gave cause for the statement, "Kyron is alive"? A picture, perhaps? Or a piece of clothing? And a threat? Was the elimination of O-live and WW at the direction of a perp? That was the way they would know that whatever was sent had been received? Or a coded answer? Sorry for sounding like a bad novel... but it was a bit strange.

So wanting to be able to hug sweet Kyron and tell him that he is safe and his Momma is waiting for him.....

I am wondering how the family and now LE stating that Kyron is alive would affect a trial in the future if they charge someone with murder and indicate that they believe he was killed on June 4th? The defense will have a lot of tape to show that there was great doubt as to Kyron's status even as of July 1.

I wish the SM would tell the truth, but I'm not sure it's going to happen any time soon. At first I thought she was guilty of something, but since I've seen things go down the way they have, I think she's scared to death and I wonder why.

MY OPINION ONLY

Something bothers me : if TH had planned to harm Kyron,and had constructed a precise,carefully thought out plan, what if : the school had realized right away that Kyron was missing, and the school officials did not go with the appointment scenario. Instead they called TH on her cell phone. In other words,TH's careful plan would have unraveled. Very quickly....

IMO,if she had planned to harm Kyron that morning,there was no way she could have been sure that the school wouldn't figure out he was missing right away. It makes no sense at all... Something really odd going on here....

All JMO

this had been my thought all along, I am an involved parent at school I know the kids and the parents-it's a small school, if she was there with him and then he's gone I am sure they had volunteers etc. at the school that day she was taking a huge chance that someone wouldn't call her or her house and say, "Everything ok, I didn't see Kyron in class." I just don't think it adds up.

I wish the SM would tell the truth, but I'm not sure it's going to happen any time soon. At first I thought she was guilty of something, but since I've seen things go down the way they have, I think she's scared to death and I wonder why. MY OPINION ONLY

She is between a rock and hard place. Whether she is innocent or guilty, she must be worried she is going to hang for this.

Maybe she has told the truth and there isn't any more truth to tell.

She sure looks like their only suspect, though, and I hope it isn't by default.

I am trying to keep an open mind about this. It is hard because with LE supporting the sealing of the RO because it could interfere with the investigation, along with everything else, I do think it is likely that Terri is the perp.

I too cannot buy into the premeditated theory if she intended to harm him...it would have been too easy for someone at the school to make a phone call..And if she did not answer, they may have tried Kaine's work number or his cell.

I also hope fervently that she is holding back, in a way, or else LE is really and truly stuck...

Do they know he's likely dead? Did Terri finally come clean about how she may have put Kyron in harm's way?

What's with the gun thing? Did Terri threaten suicide? Was that grounds for the RO?

:crazy:

When I first heard of the RO, and subsequently the 911 calls my thoughts went something like this:

The police have focussed on TH. They "confide" their feelings in KH and he believes them. They are afterall the police and we should be able to take what they say as the gospel right? So after the police tell KH that they think TH did something to his son he flips out and can't stand to be in the same house as her, they fight, 911 is called, he takes the other child and leaves. Perhaps TH tries to find out where he went and eventually calls 911 because now her child has been taken and she wants to report it. The police explain over the phone that he can do what he did and there isn't a lot she can do about it without going to court.

KH still thinking TH harmed his child wants nothing to do with her, wants to protect his daughter, he goes before a judge to ask for a RO (also files for a divorce). He has been told by the police they believe TH harmed his son. He puts that info in the request for the RO (he may even have an afidavit from the police stating their suspicions) and that is why it is sealed. Of course the judge with such compelling information is going to approve the RO. And since an RO says you have to physically remain at a distance it would make sense to add a firearms clause to it since with a firearm you could technically be the appropriate distance from the person with the RO but could still pose a threat to them.

I truly think this whole divorce and RO thing stems from the police telling KH they suspect TH. I think the police are using KH's emotions to pressure TH. They are taking a measured chance that they are right and these tactics will help them solve the case. If they are wrong in their suspicions they will have completely toyed with and destroyed this family right when they needed each other the most. Of course if they are right they will get a big pat on the back for utilizing such a clever tactic.

"Authorities believe a missing 7-year-old Oregon boy is still alive, and said the search for him is progressing faster than most searches of its kind.

Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton said Friday that the investigation has been "scaled down" since it began on June 4, but 20 investigators are still working to find Kyron Horman.

"We have no evidence that indicates that anything other than the fact that Kyron (Horman) is still alive and we are going to continue the investigation under that premise," Staton said."

Staton also disputed the notion that Kyron's stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, has been uncooperative with investigators. On Thursday, Kyron's biological mother, Desiree Young, pleaded with Horman to cooperate with the investigators.

"We implore (stepmother) Terri Horman to fully cooperate with the investigators to bring Kyron home," Young said at a news conference at which Horman wasn't present.

Staton said he believes Terri Horman is working with investigators.

"To date there has been no indication that she has been uncooperative," Staton said. "She has been cooperative throughout this entire process."

More at link:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/07/03/sheriff-says-missing-oregon-boys-stepmother-cooperative/

I get the feeling from Desiree's latest statement that the family received, and likely continue to receive information about Terri from LE that frightens them greatly.

I agree that learning LE has evidence that Terri has been lying to them - her story being fiction - all this time, would have set all of this weeks' events in motion.

Still trying to figure out why Desiree had such a hard time of it reading her statement Thursday, when surely she knew why Kaine moved out over last weekend earlier in the week.

I would think if LE told the family some bad news about Terri, they may have presented a very compelling case that on a deep gut level made complete sense to Kaine.

JMHO, it's likely Kaine & Terri were already having issues (e.g. teen son leaving might be one symptom of deeper problems) but Kaine was unaware Kyron was in danger, and it even sounds like they had an extended family vacation to look forward to. But after the fact - Kaine might realize he missed signs that Terri was unstable, that the children were at risk. His guilt & pain over this IMO is already palpable.

His swift action over last weekend makes one think he'd hoped otherwise, but had to consider a Terri betrayal a likelihood and had a plan in the event LE confirmed this to him.

Kaine, Desiree, and LE are now publicly united and jointly focused on Terri. There is good reason for this change. If it was just Kaine moving out and the investigation unfocused on Terri - we could have a different interpretation - such as Kaine deviously throwing Terri under the bus. But, not so.

A fleeting thought on Desiree - Have reporters dug for more dirt on her? There is a reason for the continued appeal to media to focus on Kyron and stop focusing on the family...

IMO, a great deal is confirmed for me this week via observations, if not directly confirmed by LE or the family. At the very least, LE & family all believe firmly that Terri has information and knowledge about Kyron and is not fully cooperating with the investigation. (thus the strong direct appeal from Desiree to Terri). The swift and severe actions this week tell me that it's Terri and/or "associations" of Terri that have something to do with the disappearance of Kyron.

I'm building a new fence to climb up on.

On one side: Terri as sole perp or possible orchestrator of Kyron's disappearance.

On the other side: Terri as the reckless parent with bad judgement and associations that duped her and targeted Kyron for an abduction.

All JMO

I've thought about this - and about her email to the school asking about picking up the project.

Maybe she WANTED the school to notice early on that he was missing, because she had an alibi for that time, and someone could show where she was -- but the alibi wasn't good for the entire day.

It might indicate that she had quickly handed Kyron off to an accomplice (perhaps to spirit him away) after leaving the school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173