2010.07.01-Family/ LE Presume Kyron Is Alive~ Need SM To Cooperate UPDATED 2010.07.03

Status
Not open for further replies.
glad that these threads are now dated for these pressers b/c the thread titles very similar if you're speed readin' thread titles.

this thread is for the LE presser.
the other one's for the Family presser.

Okay, I think I've got it now. :blushing:

May I say this about both pressers this week:

LE says Terri is cooperating. Family has said same in the past, but more recently felt they had to IMPLORE Terri to cooperate.

Terri is clearly the focus of LE's investigation. Both family and LE have made this abundantly clear this week in pressers and in action. IMO

ETA: did we just merge the LE & family presser threads? Okay by me. LOL - y'all aren't just playin' tricks on ole emma now - are you?

"Authorities believe a missing 7-year-old Oregon boy is still alive, and said the search for him is progressing faster than most searches of its kind.

Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton said Friday that the investigation has been "scaled down" since it began on June 4, but 20 investigators are still working to find Kyron Horman.

"We have no evidence that indicates that anything other than the fact that Kyron (Horman) is still alive and we are going to continue the investigation under that premise," Staton said."

Staton also disputed the notion that Kyron's stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, has been uncooperative with investigators. On Thursday, Kyron's biological mother, Desiree Young, pleaded with Horman to cooperate with the investigators.

"We implore (stepmother) Terri Horman to fully cooperate with the investigators to bring Kyron home," Young said at a news conference at which Horman wasn't present.

Staton said he believes Terri Horman is working with investigators.

"To date there has been no indication that she has been uncooperative," Staton said. "She has been cooperative throughout this entire process."

More at link:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/07/03/sheriff-says-missing-oregon-boys-stepmother-cooperative/

I'm really baffled by this article. Remember a couple of weeks ago, when they had that Saturday presser, and the tone was subdued, the sheriff's voice cracked - I mean, the mood was totally different from the presser from just the previous day. All of us noticed it and drew the same conclusions.

Now they say they think he is alive? Man, this is one bizaare case if ever I read one. I just don't know what to think anymore. I can understand a mom and dad desperately clinging to hope her/his son is alive; but to even have LE say they feel he is alive?

:waitasec:

I'm really baffled by this article. Remember a couple of weeks ago, when they had that Saturday presser, and the tone was subdued, the sheriff's voice cracked - I mean, the mood was totally different from the presser from just the previous day. All of us noticed it and drew the same conclusions.

Now they say they think he is alive? Man, this is one bizaare case if ever I read one. I just don't know what to think anymore. I can understand a mom and dad desperately clinging to hope her/his son is alive; but to even have LE say they feel he is alive?

I take the LE statement as to "alive" as SOP for these cases. Have heard the same thing from LE - for months and months - in other disappearances where there is just no evidence - none - of a death - other than strong suspicion.

Your Bolded statement is reporter paraphrasing. Look at the quote from the presser. Isolating this statement from the article you're referring to:

"We have no evidence that indicates that anything other than the fact that Kyron (Horman) is still alive and we are going to continue the investigation under that premise," Staton said."

Here's where I'm still baffled by LE. The insistence that Terri is cooperating with investigators. Must be semantics. Perhaps cooperating is not necessarily the same as fully cooperating. It's frustrating, since we all have in the back of our minds the news story that says Terri has not been truthful with investigators. grrrrrr... :banghead::banghead:

"We implore (stepmother) Terri Horman to fully cooperate with the investigators to bring Kyron home," Young said at a news conference at which Horman wasn't present.

Staton said he believes Terri Horman is working with investigators.

"To date there has been no indication that she has been uncooperative," Staton said. "She has been cooperative throughout this entire process."

If a family member is responsible, are they able to profit from their story once they are found guilty?

Do we know if this family has financial stability.

If TH knows K is alive, why not say so.

Nothing in this case makes any sense.

Other than reference to TH's father, where are all the other family members, i.e. grandparents?

Who are all the players?

If a family member is responsible, are they able to profit from their story once they are found guilty?

well ONE family member just paid out the wazoo for a high powered attorney. And those don't come CHEAP, if ya know what I mean.

Ok, my thoughts on the divorce and RO and with how quickly it came about and the judge granting the RO is that Kaine could have began noticing certain behavior or lack of with Terri, he could have learned of something that she did that was betrayal towards him. He finds out she has had the time to be posting online and didn't like this. I know many here don't see it as guilt or maybe a means of her trying to cope with the situation but still many of us feel it is inappropriate or a little weird, and it is possible that Kaine felt the same way, he wasn't doing this and to our knowlege neither were DY or TY, so he may feel Terri is not as invested in this as they are. IMO at the presser they all attended Terri did not look right, just something way off with the look in her eyes and on her face which may be because of many different reasons, but I already stated I did not see the warmth between Terri and Kaine at that presser like I did with DY and TY. I'm sure something could have happened that weekend 911 was called and he moved out with baby and filed for divorce and RO that set his "protection" meter off. He could, during this time easily take to a judge her DUI with child in car and make it apparent he fears for the safety of his baby, after all she was the last person to be responible for Kyron and be seen with him, so all of this is going to play a huge part in a judge feeling he has every right to protect the baby. She could have had prior or be having serious emotional or stability issues right now and Kaine just wants to make sure nothing happens to his other child. :twocents:

Remember that guy that got arrested in the truck and stopped traffic with his suicide /knife thing? ( I need to fact check this) I think he was coming from that direction, just a thought---brain working overtime---

Perhaps DY and KH are appealing to TH to cooperate and reveal info about what may have led to Kyron's abduction- maybe she spurned a lover? was involved in drugs? It is possible she was secretly involved with something/someone and that led to someone else taking Kyron and only details TH knows about her questionable/illegal activity will lead to the person responsible for Kyron's disappearance? And because she isn't telling everything she knows (out of fear or embarrassment), KH is upset/enraged (rightfully so) causing him to leave her and get a RO to protect their other child?

That info about the body being found made my heart drop into my stomach... I am so glad this isn't Kyron.

The sheriff said yesterday that TMH was cooperating with them. So I imagine there just may have been fear with the rest of the parents because TMH had gotten a lawyer.
Or maybe it was to put the focus back on TMH and off themselves. Who knows for sure?

It might indicate that she had quickly handed Kyron off to an accomplice (perhaps to spirit him away) after leaving the school.

This has kind of been my overriding thought this whole time. That she either handed him off to someone inside the school or that she took him from the school and handed him off to someone on Sauvie Island.

So what if they have recently heard from her accomplice...a ransom demand perhaps...perhaps they have heard his voice recently...but they still don't know WHO has him or WHERE he is. That would explain KH suddenly being irreversibly convinced that TH caused Kyron to go missing, file for divorce, and get a RO. It would also explain that ghostly appearance of DY at the familiy presser. Perhaps they are trying to convince TH that Kyron has been kept alive this whole time by her accomplice and that she's not facing murder charges, just some other lesser charges (accessory to a crime, etc.), in hopes that she will finally come forward with the truth.

I think the title of this thread, that LE feels Kyron is alive is somewhat misleading, from what LE actually said...they basically said that they are operating under the assumption he is alive as they have no reason to do otherwise (paraphrasing), not really the same thing. And I think poor Desiree is stating the only thing she can bear to think or believe, that Kyron is alive. Bless her heart.

I think the title of this thread, that LE feels Kyron is alive is somewhat misleading, from what LE actually said...they basically said that they are operating under the assumption he is alive as they have no reason to do otherwise (paraphrasing), not really the same thing. And I think poor Desiree is stating the only thing she can bear to think or believe, that Kyron is alive. Bless her heart.

I agree, and until you find a body or a amount of blood that indicates dead, you work with the assumption the person is alive.

Hi All,
I live in Oregon and have been reading some of the most scrutinized posts for a public forum. I was extremely impressed with all the thought and work those members have contributed. I also know that you all have been sticking as close to the facts as possible. In some cases though the facts are not always what they seem. The media and public keep saying that T Horman has not been named as a person of interest. That is true but the law does not require a suspect to be made public during an investigation. With the actions of the immediate family and T Homan herself it is obvious who the LE is paying the most attention to. There have been reports that there has been untruthfulness among certain persons or a person since Kyron’s disappearance. This is interesting because I see a group effort toward mixing up what is fact and what isn’t. The Multnomah County Sheriff Dept claimed that the Horman truck had been towed for mechanical reasons and not because of the investigation. Recently T Horman’s father made a public statement that the truck had been towed twice by the Multnomah County Sheriff Dept. The latest information by the Sheriff Dept has been by Officer Staton that Kyron is alive. This is a quote from Officer Staton; "We have no evidence that indicates anything other than the fact that Kyron is still alive and we are going to continue the investigation under that premise," Staton said. Dan Staton also said that the investigation has been "scaled down" since it began on June 4. Officer Staton does mention that the investigation has an estimated cost of approximately $300,000. Here is a link to the interview transcripts.
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_horman_investigation_tra.html
It is appearing like the LE doesn’t have enough evidence to further the steam like the earlier investigation. The finances and human effort is beginning to be shaved back. T Homan has been in seclusion after being excluded by her husband. T Horman also has a criminal attorney and is readying for that impending event that doesn’t escape most people’s thought and minds. This investigation is bizarre and information has been withheld to the point of contradiction. Enough said…

It is how it was reported and that is part of why we are discussing it. Not disagreeing with you at all, the topic came from an updated article that was merged with another thread.

HTH.

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Authorities believe a missing 7-year-old Oregon boy is still alive, and said the search for him is progressing faster than most searches of its kind

snip
"We have no evidence that indicates that anything other than the fact that Kyron (Horman) is still alive and we are going to continue the investigation under that premise," Staton said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/07/03/sheriff-says-missing-oregon-boys-stepmother-cooperative/

bbm

I see know reason why statements regarding the truck can't both be true. Larry Moulton said LE towed it twice. LE said it was towed because the starter was bad. Maybe that IS why it was towed that time. I would hope LE had towed it well before that date as it was fairly far into the investigation at that point. Maybe LE broke the starter (joke).

You're right. Maybe the better way to put it is that this was the only clear obfuscation of the truth by LE. If they took it twice and knew it, it makes no sense not to acknowledge under the circumstances, imo

What are your thoughts on that? Is this wishful thinking or do they have information to the support this?
The are asking Terri to cooperate. Do you think they have gleaned any information from her? Did she lie and if so about what?

http://www.katu.com/news/local/97614744.html

Desiree Young, who spoke through tears and had to pause at some points, also said that "Kyron is still alive" and that they continue to work with investigators to find him. She read from a prepared statement.

If law enforcement believed Kyron was still alive, one would think they would have a press conference to announce this and urge everyone to look for him. Furthermore, the reward would be increased. IMO

Why did she say Kyron is alive then urge Terrie to cooperate with authorities? Is she trying to imply Terrie is holding Kyron hostage somewhere or has an accomplice?

I am wondering how will they later be able to charge her with murder, if necessary, after saying they believe he is alive now? Especially if they never find him.

I don't think they will be able to charge her anyway, if they don't find him.

Snipped by me

This is interesting because I see a group effort toward mixing up what is fact and what isn’t. The Multnomah County Sheriff Dept claimed that the Horman truck had been towed for mechanical reasons and not because of the investigation. Recently T Horman’s father made a public statement that the truck had been towed twice by the Multnomah County Sheriff Dept. .....

I believe in People magazine, Terri's father said the truck had been searched twice, not that it had been towed. Maybe they did, but maybe they didn't.

The article isn't online, but this is the thread :

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107713&highlight=people+magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shhhhtheresrabbits