Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
i feel the sunglasses are part of this, in article they do have sunglasses added,

I tried like hell to simply find out if the sunglasses were relevant, but I couldn't :( HOWEVER, Could this *possibly* mean the sunglasses are relevant?

i feel they still have the 3POI's, my take on this is, the final piece on BD (crime etc) was did in Charleston county (moo)

I think so too... recall that this "area" of interest - North Santee, as referred to by LEO, is right on the Georgetown-Charleston county line... I still get an eerie feeling about "7 mile road" which is right over the GC line, in CC.

and for reasons we the public dont no,is CC may not let Gtown County keep searching or file warrants,so that put Gtown hands to be tied,so im gathering this why Sled (cpt Kin) is now involed,he can go into CC and not have go threw gov channels,,from all i know of Cpt Kin he want give up or let big dogs stop him,,but just my take on it,,,,,but i do i have a good feeling it soon come to a close!!! OMG I HOPE SO

One other thought->
---IF this is true: “The purpose of us requesting SLED is jurisdictional boundaries,” Johnson said. “Nothing has changed, everything is still the same, except we have a SLED agent assisting us.”

---and we all know that we have the BD Task Force consisting of:
MB - Detective Vincent Dorio
Charleston County - Detective Rocky Burke
Georgetown County - Detective Chris Bailey

---Could this mean there is another jurisdiction involved?

Don't know, just a thought....

-=Matt=-

Good Morning. Back in June while visiting my granddaughter I had gone online and found this website. At the time I did not have time to do any further checking on this 'society' and what they actually do, but I just now went back to the site at http://www.vidocq.org/who.html and read some of the members' credentials. I was wondering if anyone here at WS knows of this society. Also, perhaps BD's case would not be considered a "cold case" and there is not an actual "crime scene" as we know it, does anyone think it would be worthwhile to try to get, at least the name of the society and the website, to the investigators of BD's case? Maybe a crazy idea, but at least something to think about as we have no idea where the case is currently at; i.e., actively searching and working on it, investigating daily, or waiting for some kind of "break in the case", or for colder weather to come so further searches could be carried out? Also, would the current team of investigators be willing to accept any and all help in the investigation and it also falls back on could they legally share any of their current and past findings with folks not directly associated with the case? Hope this rambling is not just a bunch of scribble.

One more thing about the "Vidoq Society".....I noticed this statement on their website and thought...well maybe they could work on a case of a disappearance:

http://www.vidocq.org/who.html

"In time the focus of the Society narrowed to where unsolved deaths and, in certain cases, disappearances became the organization’s mandate"

So sorry...I did a little more research and answered one of my own questions on how they decide which cases they may accept. My feathers fell when I read this:

"Among the criteria required for Vidocq to accept a case are that the death must have occurred at least two years prior, and the victim must not have been involved in any
type of dangerous or illicit business."

So with this, I would think a disappearance would have had to occurred at least two years prior as well. I guess I can forget the Vidoq Society and hope and pray the case will move forward now with the SLED on the case. Sorry for all the rambling and eventually wrong information I dug up and posted this morning. Just trying to see if there would be anything at all out there to help BD get home where she belongs.

This for Doc,or any of locals in NY ,
Do anyone know if the 11,000.00 Reward money is still available? reason i ask is i know in Gtown/charleston county times very hard,(no jobs etc) i feel if they post this reward again (thats if money still there) that they may get info,think if one of the 3-4 POI's in bad need of income,they may sing a answering song? So Doc you kinda talk with drexel family,anyway you can find out if this $ still out there for a reward? what do yall think?

( Myrtle Beach Crimestoppers_ $ 1,000.00
( Pastor from Christian church in NY gave $ 10,000.00
together $ 11,000.00) im sure if one of those poi is in need LE may get answers,but from poster/fliers i didnt see the reward included? which there really is no posters/fliers in MB ,,

This for Doc,or any of locals in NY ,
Do anyone know if the 11,000.00 Reward money is still available? reason i ask is i know in Gtown/charleston county times very hard,(no jobs etc) i feel if they post this reward again (thats if money still there) that they may get info,think if one of the 3-4 POI's in bad need of income,they may sing a answering song? So Doc you kinda talk with drexel family,anyway you can find out if this $ still out there for a reward? what do yall think?

( Myrtle Beach Crimestoppers_ $ 1,000.00
( Pastor from Christian church in NY gave $ 10,000.00
together $ 11,000.00) im sure if one of those poi is in need LE may get answers,but from poster/fliers i didnt see the reward included? which there really is no posters/fliers in MB ,,

From what I was told, yes, that money is still available. I also know of a certain person who told Dawn they would give that much money to any of the kids in ROC that would speak, that person also personally extended the offer to Jenn O and she didn't accept it.

One other thought->
---IF this is true: “The purpose of us requesting SLED is jurisdictional boundaries,” Johnson said. “Nothing has changed, everything is still the same, except we have a SLED agent assisting us.”

---and we all know that we have the BD Task Force consisting of:
MB - Detective Vincent Dorio
Charleston County - Detective Rocky Burke
Georgetown County - Detective Chris Bailey

---Could this mean there is another jurisdiction involved?

Don't know, just a thought....

-=Matt=-

Both the Myrtle Beach Police Department and Georgetown County Sheriff's Office have full-time investigators working only on the Drexel case, according to authorities.

I wonder why Charleston County doesn't? Or do they and it's misinformed?

While the task force has worked closely together, each investigator has jurisdictional restrictions.

McKenzie, however, will not have to worry about jurisdiction since his is statewide, the source said.

I still get the feeling Georgetown County wants to work in other counties but they can't just go in and they may not be getting assistance from the other county/ites they want to investigate.

From what I was told, yes, that money is still available. I also know of a certain person who told Dawn they would give that much money to any of the kids in ROC that would speak, that person also personally extended the offer to Jenn O and she didn't accept it.

Even after all this time, it still boggles my feeble mind that those from ROC that were actually there with BD and even took her down to MB will not say a word. Why in the world don't any of them want to help? Maybe if we knew the entire set of circumstances (we never will) we would think differently of the ones that are not talking. I know we have been over and over and over this topic since BD was last seen or heard from, but it still gets to me big time. They may know some tiny little piece of information that could crack the case and not even know it until they talked it out with the investigators.

I just got home. I had to go out of town for the weekend.

The first place I went when I got here was to Brittanee's thread. It put a smile on my face to see that you were so active in keeping Britt at the forefront where she belongs.

I wish there had been more news over the weekend, but I guess it's true that most news doesn't come out on the weekend anyway. Hopefully something will happen this week.

I thought about you every day this weekend, Brittanee, even though I wasn't here.

I agree with you Strawberry, seems by now they at least talk to DD, but i guess we dont no the whole story, most likey we never will,but my only concern is if the Reward monies still there why is it not being advertized? i mean we know first few months it was told of the reward,,but these poi's may not listen to tv or news,,so i still feel they should annouce the money, on all the missing ppls reports mosty at bottom has in big wording $$$ Reward,but for all this year there hasnt been no mention of it!!!!!Odd,,,,,but i just hope that Gtown county with Cpt Kin will get answers and results!!!!

Both the Myrtle Beach Police Department and Georgetown County Sheriff's Office have full-time investigators working only on the Drexel case, according to authorities.

I wonder why Charleston County doesn't? Or do they and it's misinformed?

While the task force has worked closely together, each investigator has jurisdictional restrictions.

McKenzie, however, will not have to worry about jurisdiction since his is statewide, the source said.

I still get the feeling Georgetown County wants to work in other counties but they can't just go in and they may not be getting assistance from the other county/ites they want to investigate.

Doc, a month or so ,charleston county did have Investiagator (Burke,,but i cant say if hes still involed,,

Even after all this time, it still boggles my feeble mind that those from ROC that were actually there with BD and even took her down to MB will not say a word. Why in the world don't any of them want to help? Maybe if we knew the entire set of circumstances (we never will) we would think differently of the ones that are not talking. I know we have been over and over and over this topic since BD was last seen or heard from, but it still gets to me big time. They may know some tiny little piece of information that could crack the case and not even know it until they talked it out with the investigators.

I had this very conversation with DD. I do believe there are answers in ROC, they may be very small but there is something there. I think it simply comes down to the fear of social backlash. Most of these people are college age kids. Boyfriends, partying, friends, that is their lives. If someone rats out one person; then that person is going to be black-balled. At the end of the day, I don't think any of them care about Brittanee enough to sacrifice their social status.

RoseC --> "my only concern is if the Reward monies still there why is it not being advertized?"

I agree, what's the point of offering reward $$$ If you're not going to advertise it!??!

At the end of the day, I don't think any of them care about Brittanee enough to sacrifice their social status.

I hope karma pays them back 10-fold...

I agree with what you say Doc, and you to Matt, im email the aunt ask about the Reward monies just see what she says!!! ill keep yall post!!!

I had this very conversation with DD. I do believe there are answers in ROC, they may be very small but there is something there. I think it simply comes down to the fear of social backlash. Most of these people are college age kids. Boyfriends, partying, friends, that is their lives. If someone rats out one person; then that person is going to be black-balled. At the end of the day, I don't think any of them care about Brittanee enough to sacrifice their social status.

Doc: So you believe that J.O. turned down the reward money offered to her NOT because she didn't know anything, but because she doesn't want to be 'black-balled' by her friends?

Prior to the tight timeline released a few months ago, I have always believed that the ROC group had met or knew one/some of the Georgetown Co. group. Still, even after the timeline, I question how someone could so quickly abduct Brittanee and take her all the way to GC in that short span of time without being heard or seen. We are talking just a few short minutes for them to grab Brittanee....otherwise they would have never made it to GC in that same time. Quick abductions happen all the time, I suppose, but right on Ocean Blvd seems incredibly brazen. Thus, I still frequently debate the idea that she knew of these guy/s....that she may have seen him or have been introduced to one of them at one of the clubs they visited.....and that she willingly got into the vehicle and was suddenly overpowered.

I'm rethinking my post.

Ok, so lets say that JO knows something more than what she's said. Lets say she or PB saw some guys hitting on Brittanee earlier in the afternoon. Obviously, I wouldn't think she would keep that tip to herself--as it would eliminate her and her friends as suspects. So, lets say she introduced Brittanee to some guys that she is already friends with earlier that day. That might make HER keep quiet, but I don't think all of their ROC friends would remain quiet...especially if it meant clearing their names! It's possible JO was friends with one of the POI's prior to that night....but it still seems an incredibly horrible and selfish thing to do. I just can't put her in that light yet. I think she is selfish, but to the point of covering up a crime?? I just don't see that, yet.
There's some reason that the entire ROC group has remained so blatantaly quiet and so distant from the search and investigation into their friend's disappearance....but I'm just not sure what that reasoning is....and I **feel** like if they had ANY ability to clear their names for good, most of them would jump to do so.

Maybe it is not my place to inquire about this, but I have wondered if BD's boyfriend has moved on. He had vowed to never stop searching for her in the very beginning, but I never heard if he was able to get away from work and help in any of the searches or anything like that. I felt very sorry for him and have thought of him quite often and wondering if he is pulling his life together, although I'm sure there will always be a void until BD is found. I seem to recall but may be wrong, he and his father spent a little time in MB looking for BD??? I am thinking he could not afford to stay too long though. I may have this all mixed up as it has been more than a year now (so hard to believe).

In another high profile case where a girl went missing from a concert last year, the "friends" seemed to remain almost mysteriously quiet. I recall that speculation was raised that LE had told them not to talk about the case. Could it be the ROC friends were interviewed, told what they knew or didn't know and then LE asked them not to discuss the case with anyone else? Just wondering out loud here.

In another high profile case where a girl went missing from a concert last year, the "friends" seemed to remain almost mysteriously quiet. I recall that speculation was raised that LE had told them not to talk about the case. Could it be the ROC friends were interviewed, told what they knew or didn't know and then LE asked them not to discuss the case with anyone else? Just wondering out loud here.

Not so sure on Roc gang being interveiwed,i know few where talk to, but PB group left town,so if LE talk to them it was over the phone,,,,i think 3 (i maybe wrong here,help MBLover) gave statement to le but just saying they didnt no where she was etc,,,,,,,,,, Yes boyfriend was in MB i belive 2 diff times and left,, in all photos ive seen of BD anniv gathering in MB in April i dont see boyfriend in the photos,,,,,and from first few weeks of bd missing i heard threw a little birdied that bd and boyfriend had broken up,but cant prove it,,,,but like everything else in life,when something first happens (missing person or death) you have people saying and proming everything,but as time moves on those ppl seems to forget and move on with life,,,so seems most missing ppl cases left to family to deal with or few online that get catchup and truly cares,,,sad but its life,,,,bumping for GOOD news soon!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member