Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
For whatever reason this new development has occured.......I say AMEN! I am very grateful! I think it's high time for a new set of eyes on Britt's case. Maybe a new investigator will see things more objectively or in a new light. That's what I'm hoping anyway........

Prayers for Brittanee and her family and friends at this time. This must seem a never ending nightmare for them. I get frustrated and do not even know Britt or her family. This is just one of those cases that I can't let go for whatever reason, just like all of you.

Let's hope Capt Kin lives up to his reputation and won't 'let it go' either. Also, Kudos to Monica Caison for all of her hard work in this heartbreaking case.

MOO

wm

I know there has been some speculation here that this investigation has been influenced by local political pressure - possibly to keep the case out of the news for damage to tourism or the POI's could have connections. I don't know if this is the case, but if so the SLED agent should be immune to local political pressure. FWIW

I know there has been some speculation here that this investigation has been influenced by local political pressure - possibly to keep the case out of the news for damage to tourism or the POI's could have connections. I don't know if this is the case, but if so the SLED agent should be immune to local political pressure. FWIW

Absolutely! This was my very first thought when I read a SLED agent was involved. Having a SLED agent show up is like have a FED show up, he can do what he wants. However, it is my personal belief that one of the LE departments asked for assistance, but I have nothing to support this. So I would think it is going to be a joint effort.

I really like know why MB LE not involed in this case? Seems its left to Georgetown County Law to finish this case,Our Sheriff office ask for the help from Sled,(Lane Cribb) i know him real well,,,,,,

We requested assistance about a week ago from SLED to have one assigned to the investigative unit for purposes of jurisdiction," Johnson said. "Having an officer with statewide jurisdiction allows us to go into any county in the state we need without having to contact other agencies and try to line stuff up. We got someone on the team where we can just cross the line."

Jennifer Timmons, SLED communications director, confirmed that Georgetown County Sheriff Lane Cribb asked for their assistance in the case.

Read more: http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/07/1...ed-to-drexel-disappearance.html#ixzz0tZA3YSGm

Im thinking that few of counties wanted this case to go away (hush hush) and that tied Georgetown counties hands ,that they couldnt keep going, i feel the POI maybe now connected soemway/somehow to the big dogs ,so this great that they got Cpt Kin ,he can go into those counties dont need there ok,so lets hold to faith and prayer that now things will get moving again!!!! Thank you Shreiff Cribb!!!! (((( this just my take on it no proof to back it!!! ))))

Got on here to post that link, Rose. But I see you're ahead of me! Thanks!

I really like know why MB LE not involed in this case? Seems its left to Georgetown County Law to finish this case,Our Sheriff office ask for the help from Sled,(Lane Cribb) i know him real well,,,,,,

We requested assistance about a week ago from SLED to have one assigned to the investigative unit for purposes of jurisdiction," Johnson said. "Having an officer with statewide jurisdiction allows us to go into any county in the state we need without having to contact other agencies and try to line stuff up. We got someone on the team where we can just cross the line."

Jennifer Timmons, SLED communications director, confirmed that Georgetown County Sheriff Lane Cribb asked for their assistance in the case.

Read more: http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/07/1...ed-to-drexel-disappearance.html#ixzz0tZA3YSGm

Im thinking that few of counties wanted this case to go away (hush hush) and that tied Georgetown counties hands ,that they couldnt keep going, i feel the POI maybe now connected soemway/somehow to the big dogs ,so this great that they got Cpt Kin ,he can go into those counties dont need there ok,so lets hold to faith and prayer that now things will get moving again!!!! Thank you Shreiff Cribb!!!! (((( this just my take on it no proof to back it!!! ))))

That's because the crime scene is probably in Georgetown County. So MB is saying your crime scene, your problem in not so many words.

Something else is going on here, something doesn't make sense. I will have to look into things further before I start speculating.

That's because the crime scene is probably in Georgetown County. So MB is saying your crime scene, your problem in not so many words.
Something else is going on here, something doesn't make sense. I will have to look into things further before I start speculating.

I'd be curious about the fancy PRIVATE hunting/fishing clubs in the land around the river, that wealthy people from other parts of the state often have in Georgetown. Not ones that are advertised or in the phone book, but the ones where people privately organize themselves (usually on "old family land" or even leasing off-the-books from less financially well-off folks). I'm not talking about people who put "Smith Hunting Club" on the back window of their pickup truck; I mean ppl who probably live elsewhere & hunt/fish on the weekends in the area.

...Perhaps one of their teenage/ealry twenties sons is involved? They'd know the beach areas really well, they'd be familiar with the dirt roads and private land, they'd know the river, they'd know the FMNational Forest Area, they would NOT attend the local high schools (unless they were checking people out at the private schools, which has NOT been said, although the type of person I'm describing would either attend school elsewhere or go to boarding school), and they would not "stick out" in either the beach or locally, b/c they'd be familiar enough not to jog anyone's memory. That type of young guy often thinks he's "entitled," if you know what I mean...

Thoughts???

I'd be curious about the fancy PRIVATE hunting/fishing clubs in the land around the river, that wealthy people from other parts of the state often have in Georgetown. Not ones that are advertised or in the phone book, but the ones where people privately organize themselves (usually on "old family land" or even leasing off-the-books from less financially well-off folks). I'm not talking about people who put "Smith Hunting Club" on the back window of their pickup truck; I mean ppl who probably live elsewhere & hunt/fish on the weekends in the area.

...Perhaps one of their teenage/ealry twenties sons is involved? They'd know the beach areas really well, they'd be familiar with the dirt roads and private land, they'd know the river, they'd know the FMNational Forest Area, they would NOT attend the local high schools (unless they were checking people out at the private schools, which has NOT been said, although the type of person I'm describing would either attend school elsewhere or go to boarding school), and they would not "stick out" in either the beach or locally, b/c they'd be familiar enough not to jog anyone's memory. That type of young guy often thinks he's "entitled," if you know what I mean...

Thoughts???

Yes, except LE has said the POIs live in/near North Santee or Georgetown.

In the beginning, I thought this was straight up*: she was supposed to buy the drugs for her cohorts, the dealers took her instead, things went downhill quickly.

What I can't figure out is how highschool-ish aged (or people who hang out with highschool aged people) people at Georgetown HS (the only one named in investigation of POI, I believe) are "important enough" to warrant "protection" from full investigation. That just doesn't jibe with me.

Either the landowner where it happened has "pull" (even if completely uninvolved personally) or the POIs are small-time drug sellers & they want them to "turn" on the higher up the chain sellers (AKA bigger fish). What I can't figure in the 2nd scenario is why a potential murder would be less important than a big drug bust.

There is definitely more to the story than what we've speculated. In talking with my friends in SLED & another county's investigations department, the circumstances as MUCH more well-known to LE and we are either waaaay off-base or we are missing a BIG piece of info. I'm guessing the latter.

Rambling. I just want this solved. Her poor family.

*straight up=slang
I am old. To me, I just meant "nothing particularly unheard of or out of the ordinary for a drug deal gone wrong."

In the beginning, I thought this was straight up: she was supposed to buy the drugs for her cohorts, the dealers took her instead, things went downhill quickly.

Respectfully BBM and SBM.

Who said that was straight up? We have all speculated about that scenario, but it hasn't been confirmed. I wish we DID have some confirmed answers, but we just don't.

Also, are you just guessing that one of the POIs is a Georgetown HS student or do you know that somehow? TIA.

Not speculating--just basing it on the early reports of local LE conducting interviews last Dec at Georgetown County HS, then several months later the release of info that the POIs were identified to LE (not to us) by Jan. The timing seems logical.

But, no, I have no special info other than what has been in the press.

Wow just catching up been out of town and away from the computer for a couple of days. Glad things are finally moving forward. Just wondering if they needed a statewide person because the crime crossed many jurisdictions. Like kidnapping in MB, Rape or murder somewhere else like Georgetown/N.Santee, and then her remains in another area. JMHO.

I agree their is definately a reason why SLED is being brought in now. Hopefully there is closure soon.

Wow just catching up been out of town and away from the computer for a couple of days. Glad things are finally moving forward. Just wondering if they needed a statewide person because the crime crossed many jurisdictions. Like kidnapping in MB, Rape or murder somewhere else like Georgetown/N.Santee, and then her remains in another area. JMHO.

I agree their is definately a reason why SLED is being brought in now. Hopefully there is closure soon.

agreed, Rochestergirl...I have to say, your "rocking out" cat always brings a smile to my face!

Bumping for ****Britt****

“The purpose of us requesting SLED is jurisdictional boundaries,” Johnson said. “Nothing has changed, everything is still the same, except we have a SLED agent assisting us.”

This from Georgetown city itself (our one and only newspaper!! (LOL) heres piece,and they have a Beautiful photo of Britt!!

http://www.gtowntimes.com/local/SLE...e-in-Brittanee-Drexel-case2010-07-13T19-20-13

Bumping for ****Britt****

“The purpose of us requesting SLED is jurisdictional boundaries,” Johnson said. “Nothing has changed, everything is still the same, except we have a SLED agent assisting us.”

This from Georgetown city itself (our one and only newspaper!! (LOL) heres piece,and they have a Beautiful photo of Britt!!

http://www.gtowntimes.com/local/SLE...e-in-Brittanee-Drexel-case2010-07-13T19-20-13

Thanks for link to the article Rose!

I found this little snippet interesting (from the above link)

Johnson said the case is still under investigation. He said he cannot discuss any evidence in the case.

So they DO have some evidence? Sunglasses play into this? Whatever the alleged POI's have stated? Or is there other evidence that we don't know about?

My hopes are finally back up about this case!

Thanks for link to the article Rose!

I found this little snippet interesting (from the above link)

Johnson said the case is still under investigation. He said he cannot discuss any evidence in the case.

So they DO have some evidence? Sunglasses play into this? Whatever the alleged POI's have stated? Or is there other evidence that we don't know about?

My hopes are finally back up about this case!

MBLOVER, you welcome :)

i feel the sunglasses are part of this, in article they do have sunglasses added, i feel they still have the 3POI's, my take on this is, the final piece on BD (crime etc) was did in Charleston county (moo) and for reasons we the public dont no,is CC may not let Gtown County keep searching or file warrants,so that put Gtown hands to be tied,so im gathering this why Sled (cpt Kin) is now involed,he can go into CC and not have go threw gov channels,,from all i know of Cpt Kin he want give up or let big dogs stop him,,but just my take on it,,,,,but i do i have a good feeling it soon come to a close!!!

:twocents:

It is still my opinion that the sunglasses ARE Brittanee's, even though it has not been stated as fact anywhere. I've seen lots of news article discuss it as if it were fact, but I don't believe it has been stated anywhere officially.

:twocents:

MBLOVER, you welcome :)

i feel the sunglasses are part of this, in article they do have sunglasses added, i feel they still have the 3POI's, my take on this is, the final piece on BD (crime etc) was did in Charleston county (moo) and for reasons we the public dont no,is CC may not let Gtown County keep searching or file warrants,so that put Gtown hands to be tied,so im gathering this why Sled (cpt Kin) is now involed,he can go into CC and not have go threw gov channels,,from all i know of Cpt Kin he want give up or let big dogs stop him,,but just my take on it,,,,,but i do i have a good feeling it soon come to a close!!!

Rose,

I think your onto something. It almost sounds like 2/3 counties are on the same page. It sure is odd to me GTC would call in SLED to roam one of their neighboring counties unless they had too. Unless there are even more counties involved that we don't know about but that doesn't appear to be the case. I also don't think GTC called in SLED for observation or a small role.

Has anyone mentioned yet that a new agent has been assigned to this case?

Link

New agent assigned in Brittanee Drexel case

Posted at: 07/14/2010 5:04 PM

Brittanee DrexelThe search for a missing Chili teenager in Myrtle Beach is getting some extra help. A state law enforcement agent will now work with the Georgetown County Sheriff's Office.

Drexel went missing while on spring break in Myrtle Beach in the spring of 2009. Police and search teams have spent months searching for the 17 year old.

News 10NBC is told adding a state level investigator will give police better flexibility in the search for Drexel as it sometimes stretches over multiple counties.

For more Rochester, N.Y. news go to our website www.whec.com.

I just saw that on the news and evidently this new agent works with the state so he has greater jurisdiction and his division has a lot more resources.

:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member