GUILTY KS - Alicia DeBolt, 14, Great Bend, 21 August 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kim its ust for these charges, nothing to do with Alicia yet.

Adam Longoria appeared in a Great Bend courtroom Monday morning. He is charged with charged with one count of Vehicle Burglary and one count of Theft of property worth at least $1,000 but less than $25,000.

Yeah, I know. But I still wish it was that high! I realize they can't do that or it could be considered "cruel and unusual". Seeing his pic this AM for the first name has me a bit enraged. :furious:

Once he is Lawyered up, his lips will be sealed, AL knows the Gig.

I am betting the date, 7 a.m. would be too fast for Prelim IMHO. I hope they have a warrant to get that package and inspect, he brought change of clothing in duffel, but mailed a pair of pants? Ummmmm why?

I am betting the date, 7 a.m. would be too fast for Prelim IMHO. I hope they have a warrant to get that package and inspect, he brought change of clothing in duffel, but mailed a pair of pants? Ummmmm why?

Maybe those were the "Party Pants"!

I reread the article and this is a little more comforting:

Six asked that bond be set in the amount of $150,000 and the judge agreed. The judge agreed that Longoria is a flight risk. The judges said if Longoria tries to make bond, there will be another hearing.

Yet another genius move..:doh:

Yeah, I know. But I still wish it was that high! I realize they can't do that or it could be considered "cruel and unusual". Seeing his pic this AM for the first name has me a bit enraged. :furious:

ITA...I wish it was higher to. He could make bail. This makes me so angry to.

I reread the article and this is a little more comforting:

Six asked that bond be set in the amount of $150,000 and the judge agreed. The judge agreed that Longoria is a flight risk. The judges said if Longoria tries to make bond, there will be another hearing.

Thanx ...my computer is slow today.

To me it looks like his Rt arm is red/burnt from wrist to forearm (truckers tan)? The left arm one red blotch below elbow , it looks like a burn to me.

I think that you see blades of grass or some kind of plant that fades out.
MOO

I believe you are right, Somewhere. I blew it up and you can easily see each place the blades of grass cross it (not just his arms but his pants and the arm of officer behind him). The part of his arms that doesn't have the grass (which is blurred due to being closer to the camera) is really the same color as his neck.

Yet another genius move..:doh:

"Longoria, who does not yet have an attorney, told the judge he didn't understand how he could be considered a flight risk.
"I've cooperated with the agencies from day one,'' said Longoria, 36, who wore orange-and-white-striped jail clothes and ankle chains."

Righto, he's in jail for fleeing in a stolen car and has warrants in another state.

http://www.kansas.com/2010/08/30/1469860/ag-to-speak-after-court-appearance.html

"Alicia's family attended today's hearing and sat in the front row of the courtroom."

OMG, AL's GF met him online 8 mths ago WHILE he was in prison.

http://www.kansas.com/2010/08/30/1469495/girlfriend-saw-promise-in-longoria.html

Through both work and volunteer efforts, I am familiar with the workings of the State of Illinois Dept. of Corrections, and also Cook County Jail (26th and California), which deserves, IMO, the infamy associated with it's name: It takes a lot to frighten hardened criminals, and Cook County Jail does just that...to them, and to me, honestly, when I first began going there.

While I have no knowledge of Kansas or it's DOC system, I can offer this info. generically: The inmates are not allowed access to any online services, themselves. Rather, for a fee, they write into a service such as writeaprisoner.com, with their 'personal ad'. This ad is then placed on the website, and when responses are written via email or snail mail, they are forwarded to the inmate on a weekly (or bi-weekly, can't recall) basis.

IIRC, the fee is like $60 a month, but I have heard from various inmates they get dozens of replies per week(not just the above site, all of these various write-a-felon deals) but take that with a huge chunk of salt, as they are known for boasting to people like myself from the 'real world' (not to condescend, either, just my opinion.)

Very often, they end up with visits from the pen pal. Though legal visits do not go into the same area as personal ones for the actual visit, ALL visitors, legal/personal, are placed together in the same waiting room prior to search. I've chatted with at least a hundred female visitors over the years, and several dozen were of the pen pal variety (some told me the first time we met, some I'd end up seeing a half dozen times, and some were 'outed' to me via the inmate I was meeting with. While this is no case study, for sure, and just my own personal opinion, these women all came across as nice, friendly, sweet, and good-natured. Some were pretty, some were not, and I'll admit I was shocked to learn from a woman I'll call 'Debbie' (who became somewhat of an acquaintance to me as we often arrived on the same days of the week) who is a regional VP of Human Resources for a well-known firm. I'd held the preconceived notion that these penpals were stereotypically not professional, educated women, and I admit that with a blush. Stupid of me to do that, but I can't help but wonder why they initiate contact with an inmate.

Bolded portion is from the Kansas.com article. The following selection irks me:

She also has learned that his Texas prison record was more extensive than she realized.

The Texas Department of Criminal Justice said last week that Longoria has done time on nine charges there since 1991, including burglary, forgery, credit card abuse, escape from prison and evading arrest. He was convicted of aggravated robbery in 2004 and was released May 25.

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2010/08/30/1469495/girlfriend-saw-promise-in-longoria.html#ixzz0y6yeC3QS

Here in IL, a simple search of the IDOC website, which you can search by name, or inmate number, etc. would reveal ALL charges which have not been discharged (thus including time out on parole). If that info is not readily available in KS, I'll rescind my annoyance with apologies to the GF, but IMO when you move a man into your home with your kids, you do a careful check on him...already knowing he had been incarcerated, you do a (imo) background check!! (Or don't do it, but that is neither here nor there)

Last complaint I promise.
Longoria's GF saying that her son saw him as a 'father figure' when they have only known each other for such a short time, even INCLUDING his incarcerated days, is sickening. IMO, kids shouldn't even meet a parent's BF/GF until the relationship is solid and 'for sure' going to last, or as sure as one can be. To have men/women jump into and out of the life of a child is cruel. To bring a man, potentially dangerous as a convicted felon, without doing a careful verification of his rap sheet, is idiocy IMO. A quickie check of his charges could have proven him a liar prior to him moving in (she says she was not informed of his full criminal background, IOW, he shaved off a few charges).

Sorry to ramble, just wanted to share what I know and ramble a bit. :blushing::blushing:
I

Ugh, this girlfriend of AL's reminds me of those demented women on "Prison Wives". No matter what these men did, the women just "knew" they were innocent and brought their own kids to visit the creeps in prison, made them call him "daddy", etc...these women ought to be locked up, if they knowingly allow an ex-con into their homes with children present.

It should be $2,000,000!!!! :mad:

Whenever I see these perps for the first time, I think how that was the last person the precious child saw before going to heaven.

My Lord, save us from this world!
Should be no bond

"Longoria, who does not yet have an attorney, told the judge he didn't understand how he could be considered a flight risk.
"I've cooperated with the agencies from day one,'' said Longoria, 36, who wore orange-and-white-striped jail clothes and ankle chains."

Righto, he's in jail for fleeing in a stolen car and has warrants in another state.

Once again, this guy proves himself a prime candidate for "World's Dumbest Criminals". I wonder if his attorney will use diminished IQ as a defense?

Ugh, this girlfriend of AL's reminds me of those demented women on "Prison Wives". No matter what these men did, the women just "knew" they were innocent and brought their own kids to visit the creeps in prison, made them call him "daddy", etc...these women ought to be locked up, if they knowingly allow an ex-con into their homes with children present.

Very true. This woman is just plain irrational and senseless in my thoughts. Only a truly desperate woman is going to go looking in prisons for a future spouse or companion IMO. Why, especially if you have kids still at home. Most criminals aren't exactly honest, role models. :waitasec:

http://www.kansas.com/2010/08/30/1469495/girlfriend-saw-promise-in-longoria.html

Sorry if repost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members