NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I've just completed joining after lurking a few days (it took overnight to get the activation email). It is inhuman what this poor child Zahra has endured :( I have a daughter almost her age, and it really breaks my heart. It hurt just as much when a semi-local girl Tori Stafford went missing, and that went on so long before they found her remains...but this case just keeps getting sicker :(. I can't fathom how anyone could do such terrible things to children.

Anyway, just delurking to share a link that I haven't seen posted yet (sorry if it already has):

http://abcnews.go.com/US/zahra-baker-case-cops-search-wood-chipper-mulch/story?id=11868397

"Zahra Baker Exclusive: Photo Shows Girl's Black Eye, Friend Says"

Also, my thoughts on the Chinese menu- aside from finger prints, they may also be able to tell from the menu if they were ordering food for 2, or 3 people. They may be able to determine if they'd even ordered food for a child, and if not- why not (determining that she's been gone longer than they had initially said).

PS, Thanks for this supportive and informative website. It is, however, very addicting.

God she makes my skin crawl.

I am sick and tired of the news headlines reading "Stepmom is scared to death" - who the heck cares. She is probably just going trhough MAJOR withdrawls from the drugs and using the "Sympathy" ploy. MY.BLOOD.IS.BOILING!:furious:

Does North Carolina have a death penalty?
She probably should be scared to death.

Respectfully, why?? I didn't know we were supposed to be doing this and I've been here since the dinosaur ages. I tend NOT to use initials because I find them confusing. For example, in this case, people kept referring to Elise as "SM" and it took me forever to figure out that it meant "stepmom". I kept wondering who "SM" was and where I missed a new person thrown into the mix.

And I suppose I'm compounding the problem by referring to her as "MGF" (Miss Gothic Fairy, since she says on her MySpace page that this is what she wants to be called). But I'm in agreement with another poster (forgotten which one) that she doesn't really deserve the title "step-mother" under the circumstances.

39576_138510556196298_100001120622920_197370_1200599_n.jpg

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20019466-504083.html

Thanks all for clarifying on the whereabouts of AB's boss that morning--good points and we repeatedly see that early media accounts are confused/confusing in these cases, and in this case I's confused! (Though I still think timeline of FD visit in a.m. followed by PD visit in PM is odd... did FD find the ransom note as early media accounts suggested?)

Re: wedding date. I thought it was July 2008. Off to verify.

FD responded to the scene, found a SUV doused in gas and a ransom not, LE joined the morning visit to the property and conducted a welfare check on Coffey's daughter.

In the afternoon biodad called the police to report Zahra missing. I *believe* the police were suppose to make this discovery that morning while biodad was not there.

SM's pictures always bother me... But her eyebrows bother me the most.

Welcome new guests :)

Has anyone reported seeing Adam today? Does he intend to be at the vigil tonight?

I am not a moderator but I believe it protects the owner of the website when people say things are written about them on this site. If it is quoted from a paper, it is just that, a quote. If it is on this site in initials you have to know enough about the case to know who is being reference thus giving the owner of the site a layer of protection when she gets blasted by the people we are discussing (a position I would not want to be in).

That is just my interpretation though, and is the instructions I have understood since the beginning. Victim and charged perp can have full names, all peripheral characters should be under initials.

That makes complete sense!! And I'm all for protecting Tricia and WS!!

And I suppose I'm compounding the problem by referring to her as "MGF" (Miss Gothic Fairy, since she says on her MySpace page that this is what she wants to be called). But I'm in agreement with another poster (forgotten which one) that she doesn't really deserve the title "step-mother" under the circumstances.

I type SM to be within guidelines but have made my own label to go with it that is not stepmom. Makes me feel better when I have to type it since everything else I wanted to call her would get me a time out.

Hmmmmmph....took you over 3 minutes this time. You are slipping, and that is not acceptable. Don't make us ground you from your ray-gun.
:snooty:

I'm not even going to mention that I never got a welcome thingiemabopper like that at all(that i remember). It's ok. I'm not bitter. I'm not hurt. I'm not serious. :innocent:

At the Agency I work with in NY, they MUST find a bed for the child. I have to say that as bad as things are here in many ways, and with the reports of how the system screws up, for the most part the Agency I work for does a good job, as best they can for the kids.

I understand your point, completely, though. Also, having done trainings for Foster Parents, being a FP is rewarding, but can be difficult. The stoires I've heard!:yow:

Yes, if they thought she was in immediate danger here, they would have to find a safe place for her, which is why the hospital has been used a time or two. It's in cases where the threat doesn't seem to be immediate where they often have to leave the child in place much longer than they would like to. (I have an acquaintance who works in that field -- such an amazing woman. I don't know how she endures what she sees every day.)

FD responded to the scene, found a SUV doused in gas and a ransom not, LE joined the morning visit to the property and conducted a welfare check on Coffey's daughter.

In the afternoon biodad called the police to report Zahra missing. I *believe* the police were suppose to make this discovery that morning while biodad was not there.

That is what I remembered and what all initial accounts said--couldn't wrap my head around no one from the morning visit (FD or LE) connecting the ransom note to a missing Z... but oh yeah! No one knew she existed! And the ransom note only pointed to the Coffeys. And stepmonster failed to alert LE at the time that Zahra was missing!

Was this because she knew Zahra's remains were not yet disposed of, and it was "too early" to call in LE for their "missing" daughter?

Do we know who called the FD for the fire in the Baker's yard? :waitasec:

Welcome to all of our newly registered members!

Sometimes registering can be a bit slow because of the filters set up to keep our site spam free for the most part, in fact, I had to contact Tricia when had tried registering because it kicked my email addresses back about 3 times? :D

We have 84 guests reading right now. Come and join us in the convo.

I'm not even going to mention that I never got a welcome thingiemabopper like that at all(that i remember). It's ok. I'm not bitter. I'm not hurt. I'm not serious. :innocent:

Don't feel bad, not only did I not get a welcome thingiemabopper either, the first person to respond to my first post not very kindly suggested I wasn't familiar enough with the case to be posting (what I thought was a very relevant point btw... still think it was a good point).

Fortunately my redheadiness was not a fultilt that day and I didn't get myself banned on my second post... LOL

HLN saying no family members in court for SM

Haven't spoken to her for a year and a half.

Our Timeline in the sticky is way off Elpher. It says 2008ish.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC Zahra Baker timeline and media links only - No Discussion -

We should update that thread with the correct date?

sidebyside1.jpg

Picture provided by our member Amandareckonwith's photobucket account.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Zahra Baker -NC-/

Big time weight loss coupled with the drug paraphanelia, looks like meth is a very big possibility?

I agree, also, the black eye photo must have been taken around May 2010 when Zahra had the hearing aids fitted as SM had the same red streaks, IMO

Well here, here is my favorite thingiemabopper, and I only use him for special occasions.......WELCOME NOBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sponge:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members