NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
After that long, I can't imagine she would be taking any sort of long-term pain medication since she was essentially cured and seemed not to have a lot of pain issues other than SM making her walk on her prosthesis.

Well. I guess that would give her a reason to be in pain, though...hmmm.

She could possibly have had phantom limb pain which would require neuropathic pain medication . One of those could be the opiod...you guessed it...METHADONE!!

YIKES!

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuropathic_pain[/ame]

Any news updates. Are they still draining the pond that they said would be an hour?

Thanks so much Sherbie! I've been lurking this whole site for quite a while, but have not had the problem keeping up with posts as I have with this board. This is really something else!

Why would the dogs hit on the scent of human remains in 2 of the Bakers vehicles? Why 2???

Cadaver dogs made the hits and they only hit on the scent of human remains. Something in the two cars had the scent of death on it.

You know what, the more I think about it, the sicker I get with the possibilities. Maybe one car carried the prosthesis and the other a body? One car had the clothes and the other the body. The death scent was in both - that's probably why it was set on fire, the death scent doesn't go away. moo mhoo

I have not finished reading this thread, so forgive me. I am at the part of the thread where the prosthesis is being discussed. I had heard on Nancy Grace that the leg was made of titanium - cannot remember who said it. Titanium is one of the strongest materials know to man. You cannot saw through it and you certainly cannot push it through a woodchipper.

I know about titanium because I have a titanium plate with screws in my neck. It was placed there on my 3rd neck surgery because my bone, nor the none from the bone bank would fuse. I had researched titanium because it was going to be placed in my neck and I wanted to know all about it. That prosthetic leg would not be destroyed, so it is out there somewhere. LE willl find it or someone will, IMO.

Going back to read where I left off!

JMO

Hello all! First-time poster here...

I spent most of today going through these boards on this sweet girl. I couldn't find anything mentioned about this, so if I missed it I apologize in advance.

Could someone tell me if there has been any mention of checking the Bakers' previous residence? It seems it would make sense to me with the reports of no one having even seen her or heard of them having a daughter since they moved to this new house. If she has been missing a month or more, then maybe something happened in the house they moved from?

I do not konw if this person has been authenticated by Tricia. A poster who is local and knows the people who reside in the former Baker home says media and everyone else is coming around. No mention that I saw of whether LE had checked out the former home but you can bet they probably did. Do we have independent video of officers on the scene? No, but I think LE has checked it out.

Edit To Add and Welcome Moonlit

From the Charlotte Observer article (above)

Adam Baker, 33, hasn't been charged in connection with the case and has remained largely out of the public eye except for a Monday appearance on Good Morning America where he acknowledged it was possible his wife might have been involved in Zahra's disappearance.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/13/1758012/missing-girl-now-believed-to-be.html

So, apparently, he was not at the vigil.

Then why was LE looking at the wood chipper and the piles of wood chips? Can you picture Elise taking a dead child to his place of work & using the wood chipper? There's something wrong with this picture.

He's probably flown the coop - on his way back to Aussieland.

Maria Claxton, of a local search dog team,, led her dog behind crime scene tape and throughout the stacks of firewood and brush in the Bakers’ backyard while their pit bulls strained at their leashes and whined. Then she took the dog to the Bakers’ Chevy Suburban and Toyota Celica, into the crawl space under the family’s house and inside the home. The search turned up nothing.

Zahra’s father and stepmother, Adam and Elesa Baker reported her missing from her home at 21 21st Avenue NW, and told police they’d last seen her sleeping in her bed at about 2:20 a.m. Saturday.

Police interviewed the Bakers for several hours early in the investigation and officers are working to corroborate their statements.

They were allowed to leave the police station after their interview.

During their investigation, officers discovered inconsistencies in the Bakers’ story and the couple has not been ruled out as suspects in their daughter’s disappearance.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...ncerned-about-welfare-missing-girl-ar-448453/

WS why are you doiong this to me? Behave!

Sorry, I am experiencing some technical dificulties. For some reason, LaLaw's qoute has hijacked me and won't let go?

Anyone know if leg prosthesis are always titanium or if Zahra's is?

Do we have any information like a model number or year of manufacture?

Anyone know if titanium for leg prosthesis are coated in
Nitride?

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-95594271.html
Article: Nitride coatings on titanium improve abrasion resistance. (Surface Engineering).

TIA for any answers that you folks have.

I can't speak for Zahra but I have a titanium hip ball replacement. I think it's the most used type metal in joint replacement. Airports love me for setting off walk through metal detectors. :innocent:

Thanks so much Sherbie! I've been lurking this whole site for quite a while, but have not had the problem keeping up with posts as I have with this board. This is really something else!
Welcome! :) This happens to be one of the most active threads at the moment, and thankfully that so many care about Zahra.

I'm sorry, who? Me? Am I supposed to be authenticated?

Anyone know is the search still going on and is anyone shooting live footage?

Why would the dogs hit on the scent of human remains in 2 of the Bakers vehicles? Why 2???

Could the SM have taken a deceased Zahra in her vehicle out to Zahra's father's work area and he in turn put her in his vehicle until he could figure out how to dispose of her?

Then why was LE looking at the wood chipper and the piles of wood chips? Can you picture Elise taking a dead child to his place of work & using the wood chipper? There's something wrong with this picture.

Im not sure but I don't think he has his passport anymore.

I'll bet someone in LE is keeping a close eye on Mr. Baker's actions and whereabouts.

No. I am sorry , having some dificulties with posting right now WS being odd.

The poster I was reffering to who claims to know the people who live in the home the Bakers used to. He/she was on last night. I am sorry, you are plenty authentic for me.

When locals get involved on a thread, Tricia, the owner of Websleuths authenticates them before allowing them to post info that is not backed up by a link or qualifies as firsthand knowledge.

No, no. It's generally those who say they are friends or family of victims or suspects, those claiming insider knowledge of situations, etc., who need to be authenticated by the powers that be.

wow, it is near impossible to keep up with you guys!

I have so many questions about the family dynamics. 4 kids, right? how many were biologically Elisa's? How many of the kids are living with Elisa and Adam? Totally lost, so I apologize if this has already been brought up... i just haven't seen anything about the other kids.

I am wondering with no insurance???? and a growing child if Zahra's leg was anything but the cheapest they could buy.
I am thinking fiberglass and regular steel?????
I'm going to google

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member