TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kampfer, a former FBI agent himself, said he could not confirm any rumors swirling about who has or has not passed polygraph tests related to the disappearance. Different family members have made various unconfirmed and conflicting assertions about polygraph tests taken and their results.

http://www.ktxs.com/big_country_news/26391662/detail.html

That's scary. (The bolded bit.)

I totally agree, but you know, in the cases Natalee Holloway, Morgan Harrington, etc., rewards have not helped solve the horrible crimes.

Rewards never work when the only one who has info is the perp. Unfortunately.

I suppose some people might not turn in a casual friend for $10K, but would for $25K...?

I have always optimistically looked at rewards this way...

For $10k you can buy a semi decent car. Maybe pay a few months rent, bills, support yourself for a short time. That's about it. You aren't going to be able to realistically leave town on $10k unless you have a job waiting for you, especially if it is more than just you. You don't want to leave, then have to come back because you ran out of money... making it pretty obvious that you gave up information.

For $25k you can buy a semi decent car and leave town. Having enough to get a new place, pay several months rent, bills and everything else while you get established, find a job and anything else you need.

If I was ratting out a killer of course I would do it for nothing.

If I was concerned that person might come after me for doing so.... $25k to leave town would definitely allow me to feel great about turning them in, without risking my own family to do it.

While it wouldn't be a deciding factor for me.... some people out there just aren't willing to risk their own lives to solve the case of someone who is already murdered. That reward allowing them to protect themselves, might make the difference. If it gets the family their child back so they don't spend the next 20 years wondering... then that's just what has to be done.

I have never seen a high profile missing child case like this NOT have a press conference...

Someone needs to pass them the playbook. Why is the onus on Nancy Grace? This should be coming from the mouth of said horse.

MOO

I would think LE would want to control the story, rather than wait until NG gets her hands back on it tonight, especially if they already feel she has sensationalized parts of it, or whatever the wording of the city mgr. was. She will be all about the LD tests.

Okay...it's been a while since my last post, but here goes.....

Kampher is not a PR guru nor LE, he's just the City Manager.
LE has not come forth to the public with anything other than Chief B's statement.
The community has stepped up and done searches with nothing to go on, nothing to look for, no specified location to search. One search party even followed the supposed dog tracking trail...which apparently doesn't even exist.

I refuse to speculate on grounds that I am not LE. Again...as most of you know....this town has been shaken like never before.

I totally agree, but you know, in the cases Natalee Holloway, Morgan Harrington, etc., rewards have not helped solve the horrible crimes.

Yes, I know and I agree - IMO, it's not the reward amount at all - it's the fact that I devote time, energy and a lot of begging, into being able to distribute flyers to co-workers.

:rant: (and not directed at you at all...just using your post to finish my rant)!

I work for a HUGE fortune 500 and I have to go through a "communication approval & distribution" process just to be able to send things like this to employees and/or display them in our office locations---each time they change.

In this case, I have 413 co-workers in West Texas alone, thus the reason I wanted to get these flyers out to those specific areas.

I totally get the insanity associated with having to reward people to do the right thing---because to me it's about as insane as me having to get 3 levels of "legal" approval to be able to distribute them---but I also understand my company wanting to protect their "assets" thus the reason for the process.

It's just all so frustrating...

(and I know you didn't ask any of these questions...i'm just venting):innocent:

They just talked about Hailey on CNN- They showed her poster and talked about why the amber alert was not issued. The mentioned that Nancy Grace was "all over this case" on HLN. Maybe she will get a lot more coverage now.

FIND HAILEY

LE has not come forth to the public with anything other than Chief B's statement.
The community has stepped up and done searches with nothing to go on, nothing to look for, no specified location to search. One search party even followed the supposed dog tracking trail...which apparently doesn't even exist.

I refuse to speculate on grounds that I am not LE. Again...as most of you know....this town has been shaken like never before.

It was said in another thread **I think** that Kampher is the interim City Manager. I can't remember if it was the city manager or the Chief of Police, but ONE of them was only temporary and would have never expected nor prepared himself to deal with this type of situation. Can you confirm this? Thanks!

Please understand I have nothing but the UP MOST respect for your tight knit community. The community has stepped up and has went above and beyond, without their help and persistence this case would STILL be called a case of a teenage runaway.
IMO The community DESREVES updates directly from LE. You've all earned it. I understand they would like to keep some things under wraps, but they can still keep your community somewhat informed!

I see lots of guest out there. Come on! Sign up! let's hear from you...

Holy crap!!! :banghead:

Talk about completely missing the facts! This makes the other guy look good.... oh my.

Fox News said:

Hailey disappeared after spending the night at a friends house on December 28th. FALSE.

She never came home from the friend's house. FALSE

HER boyfriend Shawn Adkins has now been given a polygraph because he was the last to see her before her disappearance on December 27th. - FALSE - he's not her boyfriend, he's her Mom's boyfriend.

Officials are saying at age 13 it "makes it very difficult to know if she walked away, ran away or was taken." FALSE - they are finally saying there might be foul play.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328796

There is no excuse for that. I'm sorry but simple googling in 30 seconds could have told them all of those were complete CRAP.

For the record, the only thing above that IS true is that Shawn was given a polygraph because he was the last one to see her before her disappearance on December 27th. He is her MOM's boyfriend, not hers.

Unbelievable that people cannot take the 5 minutes to check their facts when they are reporting about something like a missing CHILD. :banghead:

It was said in another thread **I think** that Kampher is the interim City Manager. I can't remember if it was the city manager or the Chief of Police, but ONE of them was only temporary and would have never expected nor prepared himself to deal with this type of situation. Can you confirm this? Thanks!

the chief is interim...

It was the Police Chief.

Here's a thought:

I have great respect for small towns/communities. IF any agency (local PD, Tex. Rang., FBI) believed for one minute that this was a "stranger abduction" they would have warned the community by now. Since we have not heard word one about a "stranger" or watch your kids or this could be an abduction - IMO I think that shows they have a real good handle on all this and pretty much know what happened.

Holy crap!!! :banghead:

Talk about completely missing the facts! This makes the other guy look good.... oh my.

Fox News said:

Hailey disappeared after spending the night at a friends house on December 28th. FALSE.

She never came home from the friend's house. FALSE

HER boyfriend Shawn Adkins has now been given a polygraph because he was the last to see her before her disappearance on December 27th. - FALSE - he's not her boyfriend, he's her Mom's boyfriend.

Officials are saying at age 13 it "makes it very difficult to know if she walked away, ran away or was taken." FALSE - they are finally saying there might be foul play.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328796

There is no excuse for that. I'm sorry but simple googling in 30 seconds could have told them all of those were complete CRAP.

For the record, the only thing above that IS true is that Shawn was given a polygraph because he was the last one to see her before her disappearance on December 27th. He is her MOM's boyfriend, not hers.

Unbelievable that people cannot take the 5 minutes to check their facts when they are reporting about something like a missing CHILD. :banghead:

That's not what I get at that link? :waitasec:

Here's a thought:

I have great respect for small towns/communities. IF any agency (local PD, Tex. Rang., FBI) believed for one minute that this was a "stranger abduction" they would have warned the community by now. Since we have not heard word one about a "stranger" or watch your kids or this could be an abduction - IMO I think that shows they have a real good handle on all this and pretty much know what happened.

or THINK they do.

If I lived there, my children wouldn't be walking anywhere

bbm... I know what you are saying... but at the same time I think that the other agencies involved need to take a proactive PR approach ((like in the form of an official Law Enforcement update)) to keep the community and the nation at large informed of what they are doing... what they are able to officially comment on....and where they are at in finding Hailey. I hear and feel your frustration. I have been in a similar boat with my friend who was murdered in my very own small town of one stop light. I was only 12 at the time but this is really the reason I am drawn to cases like this. She was considered a runaway at first as well... and this did not turn out to be the case unfortunately.

If one of the larger agencies on this case were able to take the reigns from the city manager on updates I think it would benefit the case all around...

My thoughts and prayers are with your community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member