TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, about the OK mag article. I really hope that the aunt is speaking the truth. If so, and if she has spoken to LE, then it confirms that they are on the right track.
IF Hailey really did cry and say she did not want to go home because she hated/feared SA, just the day before she went missing ---then it is obvious that SA was messing with her somehow.
And it would also explain why he went home so suddenly early that morning. If Hailey had reached out to her Aunt the day before, SA may have known she was beginning to talk to others about it. He may have realized that she was about to blow the whistle, and he could not ignore it any longer.

We pulled it because the link was not valid, and someone stated they had the article and it did not say anything about the Aunt. :)

Are we talking about the same article? B/c the one we're referring to definitely mentions the aunt... :waitasec:

Accept my apologies if I'm confused about which 'article' is being discussed here. I'm not wondering if there's another article out there that I'm missing!

I really love this one.

GRACE: Are you absolutely positive she had the earrings on Sunday, the next day?

DUNN: No, I`m not.

GRACE: So him saying —

DUNN: I noticed that she had taken them out.

I really don't know what the point is for BD to go on that blogtalk show. CD has already put HD's name out on there via this media source. He's already talked about her and her disappearance.

BD has had multiple media interviews and chances to talk about how amazing HD is as a daughter and a person. In all of those raw videos with nice gentle reporters giving her a chance to say anything she wanted, she came off as cold as a fish with regards to her daughter. So since doing the same blogtalkradio show within days of CD doing it isn't going to do anything to spread the message of her daughter's disappearance, since it's the same listening audience what's the point? You'd think she'd be looking for a different media source to speak to that would have different listeners.

I just can't get inside this woman's head.

MOO

ANY exposure is good for HAILEY, even if it is the same listening audience. Maybe a few more people might tune in who haven't before. I don't care if it's BD, CD, or anyone. All that matters is getting Hailey's name out, over and over. MSM might pick up the interview (like we were hoping would happen with CD's), and spread the word even more. MOO

Yes, but we didn't get to hear "Billie's Side of the Story". I think that's the primary reason she's doing it. To set the record "straight". Like the press conference.

MOO, IMO, and JMO

Well I don't think this is the proper venue for her to be "defending" herself against anything she may have disagreed about during CD's interview. Or to try to get the public to see her in a better light.

She has only one responsibility here and that is to Hailey. Get her name and story out and co-operate fully with LE about every inconsistency they are dealing with with regards to SA.

Interesting for us as spectators I suppose but absurd behaviour for the parent of a missing child IMO.

MOO

I know but I mean really actually directly from Shawn.

One thing that's causing a lot of confusion I think is that people assume info came from someone, but we don't know that for sure.

I know. I was half joking when I replied. But you are right. A lot of the confusion appears to be coming from information that is supposed to be coming
straight from BD, and yet it contradicts other statements she has made. Confusing.

Okay, about the OK mag article. I really hope that the aunt is speaking the truth. If so, and if she has spoken to LE, then it confirms that they are on the right track.
IF Hailey really did cry and say she did not want to go home because she hated/feared SA, just the day before she went missing ---then it is obvious that SA was messing with her somehow.
And it would also explain why he went home so suddenly early that morning. If Hailey had reached out to her Aunt the day before, SA may have known she was beginning to talk to others about it. He may have realized that she was about to blow the whistle, and he could not ignore it any longer.

You just may have found the motive.
so if this is true there was a blow up that weekend .And there just may be text messages on BD phone Hailey made to people too. jmo

Article states *days* before she went missing. Just want to keep that straight.

What do we have from Shawn about Hailey's disappearance?

- 2 KTAB interviews
- the affidavit (2nd hand, but from a LEO in a sworn statement in a legal doc)
- the stuff he posted on MM about Hailey's disappearance

Anything else? That's all I can think of.

"Killing a 13 year old would be like killing a deer."

ETA: According to what HD's maternal uncle said that SA said to him. UGH - that's way too many "saids" in one sentence!

ETA II: The affidavit also includes a statement from one of Hailey’s uncles, who was talking to Adkins about Hailey’s disappearance. The uncle said he could not believe that anyone would hurt a 13-year-old little girl.

The affidavit reports that Adkins replied, “Yah, it’s like killing a deer.”

The uncle recalled that Adkins often talked about how he kills deer, and then he would cut them up with a chainsaw.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26465402/detail.html

I think the Aunt said it was a few days before. And we know that HD was posting to her FB on Dec 22nd after waking up. I wonder who she was staying with then?

I really wish we knew what day Hailey called the aunt.

I'd also like to hear Clint's take on it, if he knows anything about it.

And third, I'd like to know how close this aunt is with Hailey, how often they talked, etc., and if this was typical for Hailey to go to her about problems or things she was sad about etc.

I really love this one.

GRACE: Are you absolutely positive she had the earrings on Sunday, the next day?

DUNN: No, I`m not.

GRACE: So him saying —

DUNN: I noticed that she had taken them out.

One of my personal favorites.

And third, I'd like to know how close this aunt is with Hailey, how often they talked, etc., and if this was typical for Hailey to go to her about problems or things she was sad about etc.

According to DB, she talked to her about things too.

MOO

Wondering if Hailey really called SA her stepfather....

You just may have found the motive.
so if this is true there was a blow up that weekend .And there just may be text messages on BD phone Hailey made to people too. jmo

And also Hailey mentioned this to MB right? Wasn't it MB's Mother who mentioned a blow-up right before Christmas in her news interview?

IIRC, it was also the first thing BD refuted at her PC on the 31st.

Interesting ...

There are probably others that we dont know about. Sounds like she was trying to reach out to people. :(

Yep, no matter when that call was made, Hailey was not liking SA in the house! I am disgusted myself, Billie. :furious:

I think the Aunt said it was a few days before. And we know that HD was posting to her FB on Dec 22nd after waking up. I wonder who she was staying with then?

In the magazine i just bought at CVS it says " that on the day before she disappeared, "

Is there a difference between the online version and the news stand version?

There are probably others that we dont know about. Sounds like she was trying to reach out to people. :(

ITA... The aunt is not the first to say this - a friend said it, the grandmother said it, and now the aunt. :no:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MildredVeraHolmes