MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kind of hesitant about early news reports. My thoughts are if it is NOT her MSM would report earlier. family has to be notified before the public. She has many family members in two seperate area's of the country..... I can't believe and I would HOPE MSM would NOT release confirmation to the public before the family could be properly notified. It would be really (word I can't say) if family had to learn via the media.

Unless family learnt of a very likely ID last evening and were not ready to accept so until official confirmation was made.

I'm pretty certain the family was notified last night that a body was found and that it fits PB's description. I'm sure they're waiting by the phone and will be told immediately.

Wondering, did LE mention how the bodies were discovered? Was someone walking, jogging or whatever the case may be? Busy at work and trying to catch up. Wondering if the person who got in trouble in PG county spoke up or did any of the crew leave a tip. Just wondering how LE discovered where these body's were located.

IIRC the remains were found by a passerby along the river. I forget if it was someone walking, jogging or biking, but it was a passerby.

The USGS (United State Geological Survey) posts real-time data on the water flow levels at Conowingo Dam:

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/md/nwis/uv/?site_no=01578310

It looks like the dam has been discharging very high amounts of water this week, more than at any other time since Phylicia's disappearance, with the exception of a few days of heavy rain around March 11. I'm wondering if one or both of these bodies had been in the water a long time, perhaps somewhere upstream, and are just surfacing now with the increase in water flow. Have you all had a lot of rain in the area this week?

I know when we had the floods in Tennessee last year, in one case it took searchers 2 weeks to find a teenager who was lost in one of the rivers. The searchers knew where to look -- it just took that long for him to resurface. :(

Wondering, did LE mention how the bodies were discovered? Was someone walking, jogging or whatever the case may be? Busy at work and trying to catch up. Wondering if the person who got in trouble in PG county spoke up or did any of the crew leave a tip. Just wondering how LE discovered where these body's were located.

HEre is an article that talks about the bodies being found:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/04/21/2239781/detectives-in-barnes-case-notified.html

"He said work crews near the dam saw the woman's body about 7:30 a.m. Wednesday and alerted Maryland state troopers. The body was recovered about 10 a.m. on the north side of the Conowingo Dam by officers from the Maryland Wildlife Service. Then boaters on the south side of the dam spotted a body about 2 p.m. and called police. The man's body was pulled from the river about 2 p.m."

I can't say for sure how accurate this account is. I read another article that stated the man had been found first, but the rest of the description was the same.

I'm kind of hesitant about early news reports. My thoughts are if it is NOT her MSM would report earlier. family has to be notified before the public. She has many family members in two seperate area's of the country..... I can't believe and I would HOPE MSM would NOT release confirmation to the public before the family could be properly notified. It would be really (word I can't say) if family had to learn via the media.

Unless family learnt of a very likely ID last evening and were not ready to accept so until official confirmation was made.

Jayne Miller of WBALTV is a very aggressive investigative reporter. I don't recall her making errors in her reports, and she was the 1 who reported a source told them it could be Phylicia because of the tattoo. I'm afraid it's going to be her.

The USGS (United State Geological Survey) posts real-time data on the water flow levels at Conowingo Dam:

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/md/nwis/uv/?site_no=01578310

It looks like the dam has been discharging very high amounts of water this week, more than at any other time since Phylicia's disappearance, with the exception of a few days of heavy rain around March 11. I'm wondering if one or both of these bodies had been in the water a long time, perhaps somewhere upstream, and are just surfacing now with the increase in water flow. Have you all had a lot of rain in the area this week?

I know when we had the floods in Tennessee last year, in one case it took searchers 2 weeks to find a teenager who was lost in one of the rivers. The searchers knew where to look -- it just took that long for him to resurface. :(

We had a lot of rain last Saturday.

If this is indeed PB, I know I'm going to shed many tears from this case being that I've raised daughters. I think I will stop researching for just a little while and wait for results. To me, the location, the description, etc...kind of fits the crime but who's to say for certain. I'm gonna wait. I'm gonna wait.

Snippets:

Two bodies were pulled from the Susquehanna River Wednesday, and police have not ruled out the possibility of foul play in either of the deaths.

The woman's body was first taken to Glen Cove Marina on the Harford County side of the river north of the dam for examination by police investigators and a forensic investigator from the Office of the State Medical Examiner, before later being transported to Baltimore.

Boaters on the Susquehanna River spotted the body of a man floating in the water south of the dam, about three or four miles from where the first body was found, according to state police.

Full article at link:

http://www.exploreharford.com/news/8694/2-bodies-recovered-river-near-conowingo-dam/

I appreciate the advancements in technology but at times like this I wish we could go back and erase these social networking sites. Twitter is crazy with RIP messages and there hasn't been any confirmation yet. Remembering how fast a rumor spread in High School....these social sites are giving them flight at lightning speed!!

Jayne Miller of WBALTV is a very aggressive investigative reporter. I don't recall her making errors in her reports, and she was the 1 who reported a source told them it could be Phylicia because of the tattoo. I'm afraid it's going to be her.

I did not mean her specifically, the combined media since day 1 of this case has been all over the place.....

I did not mean her specifically, the combined media since day 1 of this case has been all over the place.....

I know! I just meant that I felt we could put a little more faith in her report. The Baltimore Sun and WJZ have both had lots of errors and, sadly, that's not unusual for them. But Jayne Miller is kind of the Kathi Belich of Baltimore. :)

Rest in peace Phylicia Simone.

My only hope is that now that her body has been recovered LE will have enough evidence to indict, charge and convict those responsible. I pray that those responsible for her death and those that assisted in the cover up will pay for their crimes.

This link goes to the main page. Is there a direct link to an article confirming these remains are PB's?

:(

The main page is giving it as breaking news that the father has confirmed that it is her. They haven't posted an actual article yet, but I'm trying to find any other news sight reporting the same thing. Just to be sure!

I know! I just meant that I felt we could put a little more faith in her report. The Baltimore Sun and WJZ have both had lots of errors and, sadly, that's not unusual for them. But Jayne Miller is kind of the Kathi Belich of Baltimore. :)

Thanks. I'm not local so Jaynes name is not familiar to me. Good to know she vets her information before reporting and will be good for those of us not local to recognize that in the future.

So sorry to hear this, I hope her family is at least able to find a measure of peace now.

RIP Phylicia.

http://www.wbtv.com/

Rest in peace beautiful Phylicia. :rose: I am so sorry that this happened to you. It is not fair. There are going to be a lot of people fighting for justice for you, including me.

Thinking of Phylicia's friends and family... what a very sad day this is. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members