TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
from the family spokesperson........

Now that searchers have found an additional piece of evidence that they believe to be very integral to locating Bobo, things in the Decatur County, Tenn. community are looking up. “It makes you feel great — Easter Sunday and finding some good information,” Kevin Bromely, a representative for the Bobo family, told a local TV station. “Hopefully we can expand the search and find out more tomorrow.

”http://tasteofcountry.com/whitney-duncan-holly-bobo-clue/

I honestly think this perp is young and has not done this before. I don't think he is that smart and I think he thinks by leaving the evidence scattered around it is leading LE in different directions other than where Holly actually is.

However, I think LE knows who the perp is and is gathering evidence and want to find Holly. They are not releasing any info on possible POI's because they know he is still in town and thus the reason why they have a strong belief Holly is in a location around there too. And if they have questioned the possible perp, they may have an indication of what he does for work, where his hangouts are, etc. Has this person lawyered up? If so, I think that is a big indication of some sort of guilt.

I honestly don't think this case will go cold and I have a strong feeling that Holly will be found.

IMO

I've been trying to wrap my head around evidence being found near her college. Why would someone do that?

1). If you kidnapped someone at her home as she was about to get into her car and drive to her college, what possible reason would you have to drive to her college (with her in your car)? I can't think of a single reason to do that.

2). If you kidnapped someone at her home while she was about to leave for her college, and you dragged her into the woods and harmed her there, why would you then drive to her college (without her in the car) and leave evidence there? If you aren't aware that you've been seen with the girl, you might do something like that in order to make LE question whether she had gone to the campus on her own...maybe with a friend or something, instead of driving.

3). If the girl wasn't in fact kidnapped, and went with the guy willingly, then a trip to the college might make more sense. Perhaps she left something at the college, or if he goes to the same college, perhaps he left something.

Just some random questions rattling around in my head this afternoon.

1) The campus is on the side of a major highway. If you headed north you had to pass it unless taking backroads the whole way. Or if you took backroads to the north then came out on the highway and traveled back on it.

2) You're assuming that she was harmed and that she was not in the car. We do not know that. I think you are putting too much emphasis on the college. It's right on the side of the road. People's houses are bigger than this college is.

3) Someone would have seen her at the college. Personnel would have already been there at that time. LE has already stated she did not go willingly.

I'm in the same boat. Assuming what they found at 100 Eaton was her cell phone, do you also think that he ditched her cell phone there first before moving north and throwing her lunch box out of the window or do you still think that it's possible he went north first and then south.

If what they found was something other than her cell phone it makes a little less sense to happen that way but there are still other important things he would ditch before a lunch box in my mind. For instance he would want to get rid of the purse fast as well. If a man is stopped at a road block or pulled over for some reason and he has a women's purse while they're looking for an abductor, that's an immediate red flag where as a lunch box is what ever.

I am almost certain in my head that he went to Eaton St. first before proceeding north just due to the unimportance of a lunch box.

It is possible he allowed her to keep her purse. I would see that as a positive sign.

I am thinking like several others that she was located on Sunday morning. That explains why parents were in good spirits and wanted to thank everybody. Also, it is consistent with yesterday's radio statement. I suspect she is in good physical condition and is resting at home.

Here's where I am thinking out of the box: LE has one of their own that has replaced her as the "captive." They figure the perp will return by Thursday (3 days) and they can nab him then. If he doesn't return by Thursday, then the "sting" will be abandoned, public announcement made and they continue to try to figure out who it is based on DNA.

That would be consistent with LE statements in the last few days (other than the one denying that HB had been found).

Finally, I have enlarged the pic of the officer on Sunday placing something in an envelope. It looks too small to be a cell phone. Maybe a memory stick or a disposable lighter. That's not to say that a cell phone was not found; just that the picture was not that particular find.

JMO

Litig8ter,

Very interesting........makes you go hmmmmmmmm

Welcome to WS

:fireworks2::greetings::welcome:

maybe you drove to college because you had class or work at the campus that day and you knew you'd better go to class as part of your alibi for the thing you just did, and, oh yeah, toss stuff out along the way?

that's not a happy thought but - the perp is in her circle - so someone from the college could be in that circle.

I could see that, Emma. I get the impression whoever took her is young, and not at all schooled at being a criminal. I wouldn't go so far as to say he's stupid, but I definitely think he's niave when it comes to police tactics.

And yes, I've always thought that he knows Holly either from college, church, through her brother or a cousin, something like that. In her "circle", but maybe just peripherally.

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...on-2-week-wrap-up-rumors-dispelled-next-steps

There have been online rumors that Holly has been found.

Helm said, “To my knowledge, Holly has not been found. We don’t have information indicating she is either alive or dead.”

Helm said Tuesday afternoon, “We have no new developments to report on today.

“TBI is still following leads on her [Holly’s] case.

“Volunteer search will continue if and when needed.

“A news release will be issued by TBI when we have new information to release," Helm said.

Thanks for posting this link. It seems these are today's quotes from TBI. Not seeing the quote from Helms above anywhere else yet...

I am thinking like several others that she was located on Sunday morning. That explains why parents were in good spirits and wanted to thank everybody. Also, it is consistent with yesterday's radio statement. I suspect she is in good physical condition and is resting at home.

Here's where I am thinking out of the box: LE has one of their own that has replaced her as the "captive." They figure the perp will return by Thursday (3 days) and they can nab him then. If he doesn't return by Thursday, then the "sting" will be abandoned, public announcement made and they continue to try to figure out who it is based on DNA.

That would be consistent with LE statements in the last few days (other than the one denying that HB had been found).

Finally, I have enlarged the pic of the officer on Sunday placing something in an envelope. It looks too small to be a cell phone. Maybe a memory stick or a disposable lighter. That's not to say that a cell phone was not found; just that the picture was not that particular find.

JMO

If Holly had been found Sunday, she would have been immediately transported to a hospital in order to protect any transferred or trace evidence from the abductor. She would not be resting quietly at home until after that visit. If she had been stashed by someone that would potentially leave her alone for three days at a time, she would likely be dehydrated and need multiple tests. (Think of it this way, essentially the only reason for an abduction like this is sexual motive. Testing would need to start immediately for pregnancy, STD's and infection from being in less than ideal conditions.) Even if LE had tried to cover that up, it would have broken. Someone would have seen her and talked.

Also, the liability risk here is astronomical. Imagine that people going out on their own search parties (which I'm sure there are some, even with the weather) got injured after she had been recovered and before LE said something. Or the backlash from allowing a dangerous predator to roam the community for days with no surveillance. LE isn't stupid, they know the risk of being sued, and anyone in a position of authority is acutely aware of that risk all the time.

This idea seems to surface with every high profile missing persons case, that they found the person and are hiding them out. It never happens, except for the rare case where the person has aged or changed so much that they need to verify identity through dental records and family identification.

JMO

I could be wrong, but I'm not sure we have a photo of the "significant find" made by LE (because, I'm thinking that "find" was not made by volunteer searchers, but was made by LE and prompted the Easter call for the volunteer hands and knees searchers).

I think the photo is of volunteer searchers finding something, though. And I agree, it's small.

Wouldn't it be something if it was a memory stick?

This idea seems to surface with every high profile missing persons case, that they found the person and are hiding them out. It never happens, except for the rare case where the person has aged or changed so much that they need to verify identity through dental records and family identification.

respectfully snipped... ITA... it sure does surface quite a bit in high profile cases. MOO-----> they have not found Holly yet.:twocents:

They didn't hide Jaycee Dugard. And she had been off the radar so long they could have. She could have been whisked away (like in the Witness Protection Program) and set up to start a new anonymous life somewhere else. BUT she was not. It was huge news when they found her. For her own privacy she was kept in seclusion. But her "find" was never hidden for even a second.

1) The campus is on the side of a major highway. If you headed north you had to pass it unless taking backroads the whole way. Or if you took backroads to the north then came out on the highway and traveled back on it.

2) You're assuming that she was harmed and that she was not in the car. We do not know that. I think you are putting too much emphasis on the college. It's right on the side of the road. People's houses are bigger than this college is.

3) Someone would have seen her at the college. Personnel would have already been there at that time. LE has already stated she did not go willingly.

BBM

No, I'm just throwing out scenarios. My personal feeling is that she hasn't been harmed, and didn't go willingly, but I try to consider all possibilities when pondering questions.

You're info about the college is very helpful towards that end. Thanks for clarifying that it's on a major hwy. I haven't had time to look at the geography yet since I'm busy sleuthing another case at the moment. I guess now is probably a good time to stop and catch up on the geography, huh? ;)

Thanks for all your help.

Assuming that the blood, found at the Bobo home, was the perps and he is not in the database.
LE have persons or a person of interest they are looking into.
If the item found, that might be connected to the case, has the perps DNA on it, and the perp can't be located, LE is , I assume, going to go the next best place to get DNA, their suspected POI's family, this would take time to get results.
I think they have a POI, suspect, they just don't know where he is yet and might be waiting on DNA results.

I would hope that most college campuses have security/video cameras. Perhaps upon viewing tapes, they saw something regarding Holly or someone acting strangely...perhaps looking for something of perp(s) (cigarette butts)....

JMO

If she'd been found Sunday and has been resting at home, I'm not sure that could be kept under wraps. We're talking small town, folksy neighbors. We're talking lots of local speculation. We're talking phone in every pocket. We're talking lots of internet posts, facebook users, twitter users.

I would hope that most college campuses have security/video cameras. Perhaps upon viewing tapes, they saw something regarding Holly or someone acting strangely...perhaps looking for something of perp(s) (cigarette butts)....

Im curious to know what this College looks like. The one down the street from me is huge (University of South Florida). I'd say the main campus is about a mile square. Just to get on the campus you have to go through access points.

Assuming that the blood, found at the Bobo home, was the perps and he is not in the database.
LE have persons or a person of interest they are looking into.
If the item found, that might be connected to the case, has the perps DNA on it, and the perp can't be located, LE is , I assume, going to go the next best place to get DNA, their suspected POI's family, this would take time to get results.
I think they have a POI, suspect, they just don't know where he is yet and might be waiting on DNA results.

I kinda wonder about this. In another case I followed that is what happened. They rushed the DNA testing and got the results back... but it only confirmed an unknown male subject. He wasn't in the datebase. Simultaneously (and with luck) DNA came back from a case that happened 6-7 months earlier and it matched the new case. Also, LE had been investigating a suspect in unrelated robberies and pawning of stolen goods and it turned out his DNA matched the two "cold" cases and he was arrested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nursestump