TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I am not mistaken, it was not LE that said "game changer" it was a question put to him, as in "could this be a game changer" and LE kinda sorta agreed...it was in a video from CNN I think...will try to find link.

Do locals think it's at all significant that Easter's find was in the area of Holly's school?

I'm asking b/c I'm not familiar with the neighborhoods and traffic patterns.

To me, the location seems more purposeful (or significant) than coincidental. If you're tossing evidence ... why not toss it into random wooded terrain off a highway. Why toss evidence in front of Holly's own campus?

Weird to me, so I thought we might see what locals thought of that...

The campus is around a random wooded area.

interesting, scorekeeper!

imagine if video also caught the tossed object being tossed - which spurred the searching.

perhaps locals would know if, based on the neighborhood, a video find is a possibility in this general location. (eaton/campus)

The campus is a possibility. On Eaton street though I don't know of any.

I think whatever the "significant" find was earlier in the day Sunday somehow triggered the phone call tip that sent searchers scrambling that evening. Perhaps it's just a coincidence those 2 things happened within a 12 hour period but I don't think it is.

(CBS/WREG/AP) PARSONS, Tenn. - Though police in Tennessee asked volunteers to hold off in their search for Holly Bobo due to severe storm conditions, investigators reportedly spent Tuesday following leads in the search for the missing 20-year-old nursing student in spite of the weather.

"We don't want to put [volunteers] at risk," said Tennessee Highway Patrol Lt. Brad Wilbanks to the Jackson Sun, "Law enforcement will still be around to respond to anything we find as it comes up."

The paper reports that police were the only ones searching for Bobo yesterday and will continue to be the only ones searching today, because of a forecast of severe storms.

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20057821-504083.html#ixzz1KkL8804k

I detect a general sense of optimism, of feeling Holly could be alive, on this and other boards I follow. Not sure whether it's based on fact, intuition, or rumor, but it seems to be catching on. I like it.

I do too. But frankly, I don't get it. At all.

So hard to know what to think, especially since it's 2 weeks out and the statistics don't bode well.

Nothing makes sense to me anymore.

I meant to say "newfound sense of optimism", due to the recent find (and yes, recent scuttlebutt).

If I am not mistaken, it was not LE that said "game changer" it was a question put to him, as in "could this be a game changer" and LE kinda sorta agreed...it was in a video from CNN I think...will try to find link.

That is correct. It was the interviewer who asked "is it a gamechanger", and he kind of agreed

I was able to listen to Bill Way's radio program this morning. He still stands by his comments and said to wait "a day or 2" and we'll know what happened.

?????

Thanks for this update. Because it is MSM I am going to leave this information. But, until we have sourced information, and because this is nothing more than a rumor, that was admitted to yesterday, we are not reopening this can of worms.

Thanks!!!!

“We live in such a unique area,” remarked Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt. “The public has worked diligently and given their time and equipment to aid in the search. We’ve seen such tireless efforts from law enforcement agencies. It’s really amazing to see. You’ll never know how much this is appreciated.”
Emergency Management Director Kevin Cagle announced more than 7,000 volunteers have registered to join the search.

http://www.decaturcountyonline.com/article.asp?art=1715

this community makes me proud to be an American........I want to say a personal "thank you"......

score

I was trying to link a video but it would not post it right, if you google "cbs holly bobo criminologist" the first video that comes up.

The criminologist thinks that they are on foot still and in the area. That is where i was getting that line of thinking from. Not sure how he could have pulled this off, maybe he was military and knows how to move around without being seen...not sure...imo

I can't see this being the case at all. If they were on foot still and in the area someone somewhere would have seen them by now. I think everyone is on high alert looking for Holly, even subconsciously!

I think that LE knows that after 2 weeks, this is no longer a mad scramble to find a live victim. This is recovery. Because the only thing that I can think of that would lead to relaxed attitude and hope for Holly is proof or at least strong evidence that Holly simply walked away with a guy that wasn't her boyfriend and has been willingly missing. I don't think that's what happened, but it's the only other scenario I can c0me up with besides the inevitable transition from rescue to recovery.

To my knowledge, it is still a search and rescue.

The campus is around a random wooded area.

I've been trying to wrap my head around evidence being found near her college. Why would someone do that?

1). If you kidnapped someone at her home as she was about to get into her car and drive to her college, what possible reason would you have to drive to her college (with her in your car)? I can't think of a single reason to do that.

2). If you kidnapped someone at her home while she was about to leave for her college, and you dragged her into the woods and harmed her there, why would you then drive to her college (without her in the car) and leave evidence there? If you aren't aware that you've been seen with the girl, you might do something like that in order to make LE question whether she had gone to the campus on her own...maybe with a friend or something, instead of driving.

3). If the girl wasn't in fact kidnapped, and went with the guy willingly, then a trip to the college might make more sense. Perhaps she left something at the college, or if he goes to the same college, perhaps he left something.

Just some random questions rattling around in my head this afternoon.

To my knowledge, it is still a search and rescue.

yeah, but the transition has got to be coming soon. It's been two weeks, and public hope can't fight those stats for too long.
The way I see it, it can't stay a search and rescue for too much longer, in a realistic sense unless they have real evidence that Holly is alive. And if they do, then why are they letting public interest fall, unless they believe she is voluntarily missing, an idea which they dispelled early on?

~Sigh~ This one is highly confusing.

The brother's story has just never sat right with me. Of course, that could be due to bad reporting. But if the actual story he gave is that he was either in bed or in the shower, just happened to go to a window and see HB's boyfriend leading her into the woods,thought nothing of it until later when he notices blood in the driveway...I'm simply not buying all that. What made him just happen to go look out the window in the first place? And why wouldn't he think it odd that HB and her boyfriend were walking into a heavily wooded area at that time of the morning? If a neighbor heard HB scream, why didn't the brother? If he did hear her scream, why didn't he call 911 right then? Or go check things out for himself? Doesn't make sense, at least, not the reports I've read. Now maybe they've changed since then, I don't know...but the story just isn't right, imo.

I don't think her brother had anything to do with her abduction, but I do question whether he's telling the whole truth here. OR, maybe he's told LE the whole truth, and LE isn't revealing what that is because they don't want to embarrass the brother or something, I don't know. But I just can't buy the story the way I'm hearing it.

JMO

In my mind, it's not all that hard to reconcile. Perhaps the scream woke him up but in the fog of 'just awoken', he didn't realize it was a scream. He looked out the window as he was headed to the bathroom (which most people do first thing upon awakening), saw Holly, thought nothing was amiss and proceeded to take his shower.

Perhaps he was on his way to the kitchen for breakfast and casually glanced out the window as he passed and saw Holly and what he thought was her boyfriend out in the field.

Perhaps he looked out the window after getting out of the shower to see if Holly was gone so he could so he knew if he needed to wrap up in a towel before heading to his bedroom.

There's a hundred different possibilities I can think of, none of which have sinister overtones.

IMO, I don't see what the big deal about why he looked out the window. I also live out in the country and look out my windows all the time.

It would be nice if LE would release a timeline of some sort, but apparently that's not going to happen.

Makes total sense to me. Context is everything.

IMO, all LE statements - actually even family statements - in every case - need to be considered in their full original context. Otherwise they get twisted in their meaning and they are used to support theories that, in original context, they would not support.

Dragging the Thread. ;)

I would think many people realize "dragged" is slang for "having talked someone into going somewhere when they'd just as soon not go".

The expression is perhaps even more commonly used in the south - and I've heard it as "drug" rather than "dragged". i.e. "He drug me way to the woods to see that stupid dead animal".

I wish people would get off this point. LE publicly cleared it up - an it was plain they never were told that Holly was actually being dragged - rather than walking on her own towards the woods.

Other Random Coffee Break Thoughts:

Now LE did say they believe Holly was in fear for her life when she was walking - and that her abductor had her arm. I haven't heard that statement in a while. I wonder if they're backing off of it in favor of now believing that Holly knew her abductor and may not have been in fear for her life.

I have wondered if the abductor(s) could have a acquaintance type of relationship via the brother. Holly was acquainted with many people. I would say the first circles they check (after Holly's direct friends and school and nursing acquaintences) would be father, mother, brother's circles.

IMO, they've not found Holly. She's not in a hospital, hiding in a coma, etc..
If LE believes she could still be alive, they must have a reason to think this way - i.e. they must know the perp and understand motive. Have we heard LE say that this is still a rescue effort? That's an important distinction for me. Yesterday, the press reported that when asked about Holly, LE talked about narrowing the investigation and developing POI's. They avoided the question about Holly.

Frankly, the LE quoted phrase that was most significant to me yesterday was "game-changer".

The TBI quoted phrase that was 2nd most significant to me yesterday was "people of interest".

The fact that was most significant to me yesterday was that Holly's mom & dad tried to make it out to thank searchers on Easter Sunday ... but emotionally couldn't do it.

The fact that was 2nd most significant to me yesterday was that LE found a significant piece of evidence in the area/neighborhood of Holly's school and a hands and knees search of the area followed that find.

At least, I think that's what the facts were. (Correct me if I've got this wrong.)

JMHO.
Ha How many times have I been "drug" (I know this is not proper English) somewhere I didn't want to go???

I am thinking like several others that she was located on Sunday morning. That explains why parents were in good spirits and wanted to thank everybody. Also, it is consistent with yesterday's radio statement. I suspect she is in good physical condition and is resting at home.

Here's where I am thinking out of the box: LE has one of their own that has replaced her as the "captive." They figure the perp will return by Thursday (3 days) and they can nab him then. If he doesn't return by Thursday, then the "sting" will be abandoned, public announcement made and they continue to try to figure out who it is based on DNA.

That would be consistent with LE statements in the last few days (other than the one denying that HB had been found).

Finally, I have enlarged the pic of the officer on Sunday placing something in an envelope. It looks too small to be a cell phone. Maybe a memory stick or a disposable lighter. That's not to say that a cell phone was not found; just that the picture was not that particular find.

JMO

I can't see this being the case at all. If they were on foot still and in the area someone somewhere would have seen them by now. I think everyone is on high alert looking for Holly, even subconsciously!

No offense Ellebelle, but have you even been out in the Tennessee countryside? It would be totally possible to stay hidden for quite some time.

yeah, but the transition has got to be coming soon. It's been two weeks, and public hope can't fight those stats for too long.
The way I see it, it can't stay a search and rescue for too much longer, in a realistic sense unless they have real evidence that Holly is alive. And if they do, then why are they letting public interest fall, unless they believe she is voluntarily missing, an idea which they dispelled early on?

~Sigh~ This one is highly confusing.

Guess you'll just have to wait and see.

I've been trying to wrap my head around evidence being found near her college. Why would someone do that?

1). If you kidnapped someone at her home as she was about to get into her car and drive to her college, what possible reason would you have to drive to her college (with her in your car)? I can't think of a single reason to do that.

2). If you kidnapped someone at her home while she was about to leave for her college, and you dragged her into the words and harmed her there, why would you then drive to her college (without her in the car) and leave evidence there? If you aren't aware that you've been seen with the girl, you might do something like that in order to make LE question whether she had gone to the campus on her own...maybe with a friend or something, instead of driving.

3). If the girl wasn't in fact kidnapped, and went with the guy willingly, then a trip to the college might make more sense. Perhaps she left something at the college, or if he goes to the same college, perhaps he left something.

Just some random questions rattling around in my head this afternoon.

maybe you drove to college because you had class or work at the campus that day and you knew you'd better go to class as part of your alibi for the thing you just did, and, oh yeah, toss stuff out along the way?

that's not a happy thought but - the perp is in her circle - so someone from the college could be in that circle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500