TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im curious to know what this College looks like. The one down the street from me is huge (University of South Florida). I'd say the main campus is about a mile square. Just to get on the campus you have to go through access points.

GG just posted that it is smaller than some people's houses... (just up thread) it is a satellite campus for the tennessee tech. center

They didn't hide Jaycee Dugard. And she had been off the radar so long they could have. She could have been whisked away (like in the Witness Protection Program) and set up to start a new anonymous life somewhere else. BUT she was not. It was huge news when they found her. For her own privacy she was kept in seclusion. But her "find" was never hidden for even a second.

True. I'm not saying that they do hide people in those cases, just that if they were going to, it would be one of those cases, not one of these cases, LOL. (That even confused me.) In a case like Holly's, they wouldn't hide it if they found her.

O/T: Even I was surprised that they didn't at least give Jaycee a few days after she was located, just to try to let her get adjusted to "real life" again. But she has done beautifully, either way.

True. I'm not saying that they do hide people in those cases, just that if they were going to, it would be one of those cases, not one of these cases, LOL. (That even confused me.) In a case like Holly's, they wouldn't hide it if they found her.

O/T: Even I was surprised that they didn't at least give Jaycee a few days after she was located, just to try to let her get adjusted to "real life" again. But she has done beautifully, either way.

Oh I agree with you. I dont think they ever hide anyone (that I have ever heard of). Jaycee got a lot of privacy from what I can tell. Yes they announced she had been found, but outside of her contact with LE to give them details of her abduction and life, she was not in the public eye for a long long time.

No offense Ellebelle, but have you even been out in the Tennessee countryside? It would be totally possible to stay hidden for quite some time.

No offense taken and no, TN in the country is not a place I've been. My thought is that it seems everyone in and around that area has taken an interest in finding Holly, so it would be hard to pull it off.
I grew up in the boonies of MO where it would probably curl your toes what all went on but being from the area I think I know plenty of hideout spots. Probably a lot more out there I don't know, but I'm sure many others do.
Of course sometimes people can hide right out in the open if they aren't acting suspicious.
But what do I know. :waitasec:

Ok, after much searching, I found the "gamechanger" video.

No idea why it's posting twice, but it's not showing in the script, so I don't want to mess with it. Mods feel free to edit as necessary.

Thanks Capri for finding this for us. TBI official does sound excited towards the end of the interview. I don't know how the reporter could tell he should be excited - because at first he sounded like he needed a nap when answering her questions. LOL. But she got some enthusiasm & excitement about the find out of him at the end there.

Interesting.

I tend to think news folks sometimes know a bunch more than they're allowed to share about these things in the middle of the investigation. ;)

wonder when we will hear about search plans for tomorrow... is the weather still nasty in TN?

Is Holly's school in the same direction as the location of the previously located lunchbox? Didn't LE say earlier that they thought Holly may be leaving a trail or was that MSM throwing that out there? I wonder if they located a new item of Holly's at a place that had been searched before. Or maybe an item alongside the road after a storm that was dry which could mean it was recently put there. Maybe they have located an article of clothing.

I like the idea of video footage having been found... maybe on the front of a business the perp drove past with Holly in the car?

With LE now saying that they are narrowing the search to find a perp, they obviously feel like once they find the perp they will find her. I know that seems "obvious" but how many cases exist wherein they DO have a suspect, but the victim is still missing? Plenty. (Think Venus Stewart).

Just thinking out loud.

They didn't hide Jaycee Dugard. And she had been off the radar so long they could have. She could have been whisked away (like in the Witness Protection Program) and set up to start a new anonymous life somewhere else. BUT she was not. It was huge news when they found her. For her own privacy she was kept in seclusion. But her "find" was never hidden for even a second.

But they had the guy when they found Jaycee. This is a different scenario. I am not saying she was found and they're hiding her, but if they are, it's because they don't have their guy yet.

The severe weather is having an impact on the search for Holly. You would think if the perp is still in the area it is having an impact on him also.

Im curious to know what this College looks like. The one down the street from me is huge (University of South Florida). I'd say the main campus is about a mile square. Just to get on the campus you have to go through access points.

It is reportedly not really a campus at all. Around here we call these places "satellite sites", the larger universities purchase buildings off campus in small towns/areas where classes are taught so that local residents can attend a class or two a semester in a convenient location. Small major programs such as EMT and LPN training and business or technical majors can take most of their coursework there. Often these places consist of a single building for classrooms, labs and lecture halls along with a small bookstore and a few offices for enrollment and advising.

JMO

wonder when we will hear about search plans for tomorrow... is the weather still nasty in TN?

Overcast and windy here, no rain yet. But I'm in East TN, so probably not a helpful report for your purposes. ;)

But they had the guy when they found Jaycee. This is a different scenario. I am not saying she was found and they're hiding her, but if they are, it's because they don't have their guy yet.

The article I posted a bit ago again refuted the rumor that she had been found. I cant think of any case where anyone was found and then hidden. IF she were found (and I dont believe that) but they were hiding her because the guy was still out there... what would happen if they never caught him? THey'd have to keep hiding Holly until they did...:crazy:

But, like I said, if they had Holly, she would have needed a medical exam. That info would have broken huge, as another patient would have seen her or one of the reporters would have seen her, and they all want to be first with that story. There is no way that LE would allow their guy to just roam around. I'm not even sure that it's legal for LE to not inform the family at least. As of Sunday evening, her family had not been informed of Holly being found, as far as I can tell from her parents still being in no emotional shape to go the the command center.
JMO.
We can disagree. I'm cool with that.

I don't know if Holly's cell phone was ever determined to be an iphone or not.

This article seems to indicate possible implications in Missing Person's cases (I think, lol). Maybe the techies here could figure out if this data file would be as helpful as I think it might be.

Apple denies iPhones store user location

A data file publicized by security researchers last week doesn't store users' locations, but a list of Wi-Fi hotspots and cell towers in their general area, the company said. It promised software fixes to address concerns over that file.

The data, downloaded from Apple, help the phone figure out its location without having to listen for faint signals from GPS satellites. That means navigation applications can present the phone's location faster and more accurately, Apple said.

Apple said the data are stored for up to a year because of a software error. The company said there's no need to store data for more than seven days, and a software update in the next few weeks will limit the amount of data in that file.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...s-iphones-store-user-location/article2000411/

Hey Carla,guess we're neighbors..this whole area is USF...I think Holley goes to what we call a satellite campus.

Just my opinion, but it seems quite possible the new evidence they found is current atm video of holly using one of her cards, or some similar security video showing her alive and well. I don't think the significant find that brought a sense of hope necessarily has to be something the searchers found laying out in a field or along a road.

There have been so many abductions lately I may have this mixed up with another case, but it seems that at the beginning of this I heard that her Dad had said he thought the perp had been watching the house. Is that this case and if so has this been elaborated on anywhere?

Never did hear what that was based on. tia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member