2011.05.06 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I haven't read the upthread, but I really got to get my hair done. Does anyone have a link to the trial this morning.

Luv U guys!

Mel

I also hope the Anthony's are not allowed to jump up and run out of the court room, come back in, etc... like they did when Ashton was describing how Caylee was probably murdered. I can just see them running out every time they hear or see something that bothers them.

I'm a little confused.Didn't JP say they would be seated up in the balcony?

What? Where did hear this? Unbelievable! Once again, the A's are special. Gag me.

The WFTV stream did not get turned off after the hearing and there were reporters chatting with Lippman and each other. He mentioned that the jail had agreed not to release the video immediately but did mention it would eventually. He also mentioned the fact that it would save him from filing an injunction, which obviously he would have.

I think reality is setting in for her highness. This is no longer a game...it's very real.

IMO another wise decision by Judge Perry ... Let them be there ... it will just be a matter of time before they are "ejected" .... seriously, Cindy and George sitting through day after day of testimony against their daughter?, the gruesome forensics details of Caylee's murder? ... I'll bet they will not be able to control themselves ...
The only question is, how long they last, IMO

I have to wonder if ga was not secretly relieved yesterday and now feels obligated to go to the trial now!?

I was at the hearing this afternoon which began at 1PM when the attorneys (JB, Cm, girl with short dark hair, JA and LDB), the transcriber and the judge went into the jury room. Just before they went Baez whispered something to KB and walked away. She looked after him as though she couldn't believe what he said. (?) Bill S, Judge Eaton, KB, Holly, Pippi, Keeling, Adam L, and M.Dave were all there. I think I was the only civilian in the courtroom today. Guess what? No Lichenstein!! Hard to believe he missed one!! When jury selection ends, there will 20 folks chosen - 12 jurors and 8 alternates. Today there were more guards in the courtroom than ever before!! Two guarded the jury room door by the judge's bench, two at the main door, two at ICA's entrance door and one on the other side. They all stood up during the entire hearing. When the atty's and judge were meeting behind closed doors all five guards went back there with them and left two in the courtroom with us. CA was petting, rubbing stroking GA's shoulder and back for twenty of the 30 minutes the players were gone.
At 1:30 the transcriber came back followed shortly by the attys and judge. ICA came in with her five guards and briefly smirked at CM. The change of venue motion was withdrawn. During the sequestration motion presentation by the A's atty CA is back to fingering GA's shoulder. GA is chewing that gum pretty good now. ICA is trying to catch a glimpse of JB's I-pad. When CM got up to speak about sequestration on of the main door guards slides into a pew in front of GA & CA. (OMG!) the other main door guard takes a step forward and is now standing at the end of their pew. GA is shaking head no and blowing his breath out like he does. CA is continuing with the rubbing. HHJP began to talk and the rubbing and breathing stuff end. No reaction at all to the news that they can stay as long as know they will be ejected without warning and without the ability to return if rules of decorum are violated. ICA begins to write a note to CM when JB is discussing the disc of 5,000 pages. CA gets a giggle when HHJP is discussing the subpoena and says "I have better things to do."
He ends with saying "see you at 8:30 Monday morning".

Amil!!! Thank you - I am always so grateful when you take the time to go and then post for us.
So was ICA teary when she first walked into the courtroom or when she returned from the inner chambers? Rumors are rampant and I didn't see it. Just the smirking.. Thanks again.

Here is the video:

http://www.wftv.com/video/27803178/index.html

I think she looks like she was crying.....:twocents:
I agree, she does look like she's shed a tear.
They probably discussed the right to a fair trial for CMA - she always gets misty eyed when her name is mentioned. I could not see her clearly when she entered and do not know from my in person view. I just viewed it from the link.

The WFTV stream did not get turned off after the hearing and there were reporters chatting with Lippman and each other. He mentioned that the jail had agreed not to release the video immediately but did mention it would eventually. He also mentioned the fact that it would save him from filing an injunction, which obviously he would have.

Okay, I feel better now. And of course, this still hinges on whether Casey agrees to it or not.

I also hope the Anthony's are not allowed to jump up and run out of the court room, come back in, etc... like they did when Ashton was describing how Caylee was probably murdered. I can just see them running out every time they hear or see something that bothers them.

We all remember that display and it will NOT be tolerated at trial, not in Judge Perry's courtroom ... if they do, they won't be allowed back in and I think Judge Perry made it clear there will be NO warnings, they'll just be ejected ... :smile:

I am still dizzy from how quickly JB withdrew the Motion to Complain About--er, Oppose-- the Jury Venue. Oh how I wonder what was said in that room!

Was it just me, or did KC have her after tear drop face on when they entered the courtroom?

LOL@me -- If........oh, *if* I would read first, I would see this was not only me that caught this! LOL

Hi Bon! As far as I know, JA asked for them to be seated in the balcony, but JP didn't say anything about it. So, I'm guessing he's not going to require them to sit in the balcony.. but I'm not sure. Maybe someone else has more info.

No. JA suggested it as an alternative to them being sequestered. JP didn't say it.

IMO, His Honor was going to approved the motion to let the Anthony's be in the court room even before their attorney got up. He rambled through some case law, and His Honor even cut him short. It was going to be approved all along, unless the DT came up with something really good to keep them out. jmo

I'm trying to catch up so I apologize if someone else already mentioned this but I just had a funny thought. Did anyone notice HHJP's face when JA said the discovery handed over by JB was over 5,000 pages pertaining to Dr. Vass' background? He said Mr. Baez did you just turn over 5, pages 5000 with a smile? Remember the hearing where JB brought up Dr. Vass' wikipedia? LOL! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

He said I want to use this so basically what am I supposed to do? JA gives him the procedure. I thought of the wikipedia right away wondering if the majority of those 5,000 pages are that and new reports about the Manson Ranch. It wasn't even the same equipment used. Leave it alone JB. As a defense attorney I think I'd rather be hated than laughed at. JMO. "When did you go to law school Kathy?" When did you go JB? :great:
Not just you -- I called it Amused....What are the 5000 pages
whatarethe5000amused.jpg

Don't know if JBP was just bluffing when he said that only one member of the defense and prosecution would know where jury selection would be and that the rest would only find out on Monday but,

maybe during the in camera today he found out that more than one member of the defense team now knows the location (violating the judges restrictions) and threatened to find them in contempt of court if they continued with the motion to complain about the jury selection location.

I also believe that ICA was crying because she is not getting her way and that it is no longer fun to be a paralegal.

Amil!!! Thank you - I am always so grateful when you take the time to go and then post for us.
So was ICA teary when she first walked into the courtroom or when she returned from the inner chambers? Rumors are rampant and I didn't see it. Just the smirking.. Thanks again.

I watched her entry video a few times over, and still can't see any teary eyed-ness. Didn't see a smirk, either, but then again, I wasn't looking for that. I'll have to go back and look again.

Jail won't release the recording of the "visit"?? Why?? That really is ridiculous! Just fuels the impression that ICA and CA have of themselves.....they are sooooo special!!

Caylee?? Too bad she wasn't seen as special by her mom.

InSession showed the visitor log and I could have sworn they said it was going to be taped and released. Maybe they said just taped - or maybe they are wrong. I will go back and review that again.

Should I upload Mr.Lippman after court giving our fellow member Mr. Hornsby props?

InSession showed the visitor log and I could have sworn they said it was going to be taped and released. Maybe they said just taped - or maybe they are wrong. I will go back and review that again.

Should I upload Mr.Lippman after court giving our fellow member Mr. Hornsby props?

BBM. Please do! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member