2011.06.01 Nancy Grace was "websleuthing" tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr Drew is discussing the case on HLN now also.......

He's been discussing it for the since the beginning of the trial. I think he got a lot of heat for agreeing in the beginning... he thought she must have been molested.

Swithed over to O'Reilly for a minute. Geraldo was yelling that YM should have read CA her miranda rights. He said the case could be thrown out on appeal. Is this a valid concern? I havent heard anyone else mention this.

He had no reason to read her her rights, he wasn't taking her into custody, he wasn't arresting her. At the time he was data gathering the facts to find out what he needed to look into further.

You wouldn't go into this thinking the mother needs her rights read, but rather what can she tell you about the last time she saw her child and where.

I really think Yuri just said exactly what he believed, he was there to investigate a missing child , not grill a mother who has honesty issues. What are the odds that everything out of her mouth would be a lie? (from Yuri's experience).

What did NG do today? Did she not even watch the trial?
She is asking Jean if they actually read the statement in court and seems shocked beyond belief...give me a break...

Also how did they all get stuck on June 9th as the date last seen?

On CNN - Piers Morgan will have NG and Dan Abrams on his show in a few minutes. He called them two people who know more than anyone else about this case (Caylee)... we'll see.

Oh my, I doubt they know more than quite a few great WS'ers here, but I can't wait to watch, I love Dan Abrams, I really miss his show, can't wait to hear what he has to say about this case. I could do without NG, although, she does yell alot less when she is on other people's shows.

He wasn't? Then what was all that talk about in the courtroom this afternoon about him being reprimanded?

JB trying to slander him. YM not only did not get a reprimand, he got a promotion and in his present position an important requirement is that you have an immaculate record. He raises all these non issues, lets the Jury hear those few words, gets slapped on the wrist by HHJP then does it all over again.
I wish HHJP would censure him in public, he is way overdue. Let the Jury know that he is just gossipmongering...

He wasn't? Then what was all that talk about in the courtroom this afternoon about him being reprimanded?

It was erroneously reported at the time that he was reprimanded. I spoke to him personally and he said he was asked to stop posting. No reprimand at all. This was a few years ago.

Not knowing a lot about how police management works I do know if someone is reprimanded it's kind of a big deal. Paperwork, official warning blah blah blah. Melich was asked to stop posting. That's all.

He had no reason to read her her rights, he wasn't taking her into custody, he wasn't arresting her. At the time he was data gathering the facts to find out what he needed to look into further.

You wouldn't go into this thinking the mother needs her rights read, but rather what can she tell you about the last time she saw her child and where.

I really think Yuri just said exactly what he believed, he was there to investigate a missing child , not grill a mother who has honesty issues. What are the odds that everything out of her mouth would be a lie? (from Yuri's experience).

Exactly, at that time it was believed more that Caylee was being spitefully withheld from Cindy or kidnapped ... You got to place it into context. The Defense is trying to go back and rewrite history based on what is known later.

She is asking Jean if they actually read the statement in court and seems shocked beyond belief...give me a break...

Really - I thought she was "live in Orlando"?

About that statement - ICA herself admitted in that statement that she had been stealing - doing anything she could to try to find her child. Isn't that more fuel for the SA to bring in those 6 felonies?

Swithed over to O'Reilly for a minute. Geraldo was yelling that YM should have read CA her miranda rights. He said the case could be thrown out on appeal. Is this a valid concern? I havent heard anyone else mention this.

Geraldo is buddies with JB. JB tried to pull that Miranda stuff at the Agent of the State hearing. It was shot down by HHJP. I can't figure out what GR is doing on Fox. I am middle of the road politically and Fox is generally to conservative for me. Is GR their token liberal or what?

IMO The key word, and clue, in your post is "Geraldo".

Plus she thought they showed a video of ICA's interview and asked what the jurors reaction was when they saw it. It was an audio!

It was erroneously reported at the time that he was reprimanded. I spoke to him personally and he said he was asked to stop posting. No reprimand at all. This was a few years ago.

Not knowing a lot about how police management works I do know if someone is reprimanded it's kind of a big deal. Paperwork, official warning blah blah blah. Melich was asked to stop posting. That's all.
Thank you. And I agree - a reprimand usually means a letter of reprimand put in your personnel file. He was just verbally reprimanded - "don't do it again" type deal. Geesh, can't JB get anything right? I do remember hearing JB saying that all he knew was about a reprimand and that he didn't know what the reprimand was for.

It really goes to show how Tricia protects her "wolfpack." To quote Hangover movie. lol

You're the best friends that anyone could have, you're the best friends that anyone could have...:seeya:

My favorite Comedy and that song by Zach whatshisface is my phone ringtone. LOL.

All we want is the truth right? And when we can help get the truth out it is a good day.

My goal is to one day is to make law enforcement posting on Websleuths considered a great thing and not something the defense thinks they can use against a cop.

What I'd really really like to know is:-
HTH did anyone get through to NG? I've been trying to call in for years to set her straight at various times during this case and never made it! :banghead:

Was NG at Disneyland with twins?, seems she has delegated the live coverage.

Really - I thought she was "live in Orlando"?

About that statement - ICA herself admitted in that statement that she had been stealing - doing anything she could to try to find her child. Isn't that more fuel for the SA to bring in those 6 felonies?

I thought the same thing when I heard the statement.

My favorite Comedy and that song by Zach whatshisface is my phone ringtone. LOL.

All we want is the truth right? And when we can help get the truth out it is a good day.

My goal is to one day is to make law enforcement posting on Websleuths considered a great thing and not something the defense thinks they can use against a cop.

How awesome would that be? :great:

I was just saying that times are changing.

The only constant in life is change.

On CNN - Piers Morgan will have NG and Dan Abrams on his show in a few minutes. He called them two people who know more than anyone else about this case (Caylee)... we'll see.

Dr drew has been having alot on his show about the case too.. pretty interesting at times.. altho.. he really doesnt know anything about the case.. its kinda interesting at seeing it from "virgin" eyes.. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NinaVonD