Why would the DT not use a mental defense?

But she wasn't diagnosed with ASPD(sociopathy). She wasn't diagnosed with anything.

To be honest and add to your thoughts---I'm glad she's in Florida and and I'm way over <----------------

I would never want to meet up with her. E-V-E-R. I've had my share of personality disorder experiences with someone in the last month or so that will last me the rest of my lifetime. Honestly.

BBM and I could not agree with you more!

I believe KC to be one extremely dangerous individual! I hope she is not acquitted or even found guilty of a lesser charge that could put her back in society one day. The more I see of KC's behaviors in court, combined with now rehearing the jailhouse tapes, etc., the scarier this person appears to me. Nothing seems to faze her, and I believe even a lengthy stint in prison would have no rehabilitative effect. IOW, I do not see KC as capable of being rehabilitated in any way shape or form, EVER! I certainly hope she is convicted and gets LWOP and is never free again. Certainly there is no way to really punish her for what she has done, but LWOP would at least keep others safe. Because if KC ever gets out, Lord help anyone she comes in contact with!!

(Is it obvious I do not expect KC to get the DP? I don't think she will get that, and with that I fear that even if convicted she stands a chance of being free some day. A scary prospect, that is!)

ETA: I fear the jury may acquit simply because they feel sorry for KC due to her obvious mess of a defense team.

Because they are making it up as they go!
1) Caylee was kidnapped - scratch through that - Caylee found down the street
2) Someone else put the body there while ICA in jail - Scratch
3) try to add Psychiatrists (for future 3rd theory) opps - scratch
4) Opening statement - GA & LA, abuse, CA pool ladder up - RK Hero steals & holds Caylee's body hostage for money.........
5) JB dragging out the """imaginary people""" thingy - oh wonder if he's still trying to get ICA's """mental""" state on record anyway?
6) Defense reads WS and listens to all (ALL) national news reports and comments how ICA has no emotion (I just threw this in)
7) Surprise! Defense Witness to be added, expert on how people deal with grief
8) Any guesses on Defenses next theory?

QUESTION: Does anyone think Baez knew from the beginning that Caylee "drowned in the pool" or was this something recent they came up with once they realized all the evidence was coming in and they had no other defense? In another way to ask...did Casey admit this from the beginning or just in the last few months or weeks? Sorry if this has been discussed before...I haven't been reading here much lately. As for her mental health...geez she is as crazy as they come!!! If Baez doesn't call someone to show that then he's just as crazy, IMO.

QUESTION: Does anyone think Baez knew from the beginning that Caylee "drowned in the pool" or was this something recent they came up with once they realized all the evidence was coming in and they had no other defense? In another way to ask...did Casey admit this from the beginning or just in the last few months or weeks? Sorry if this has been discussed before...I haven't been reading here much lately. As for her mental health...geez she is as crazy as they come!!! If Baez doesn't call someone to show that then he's just as crazy, IMO.

IMO They are just trying to come up with any defense. Baez's opening statement does not mean it's the truth, it is not offered under oath. She's not crazy. Crazy would be her sitting during court talking to her "imaginary friend" sitting next to her. Being a Liar does not make you crazy, more like a sociopath.

Casey Anthony is able to assist in her own defense. She knows right from wrong. The mere fact that she can formulate the humongous web of lies that she has, and REMEMBER them all, and do it with a straight face, is amazing!

She has no fear. She'd rather lie when the truth would serve her better. She's the ultimate puppet master and the most self-centered person I've ever seen. She has the morals of an ally-cat (apologies to any ally-cats reading this forum). She's so good at deceiving that she has even deceived herself into thinking she's beautiful and God's gift to men.

I've heard there are animals that eat their young. Casey Anthony is of that species.

Nope…she's not crazy. I'm the one that's crazy for getting up at 5:00 am to watch this circus when it hits town each morning. :banghead:

Sociopaths are notorious for being able to elude diagnoses of their condition. They are masters at their own game. So, it's not surprising that the "experts" perhaps, couldn't diagnose her as such. Regardless, even if they did, it would do nothing for her defence as sociopathy is not a legitimate defence in law. Hence...As Jose knows well, "nada". Nothing to report.

moo

The reason that the defense is not using a mental health defense is fairly simple and can be found in the Motion in Limine as to Testimony of Mental Health Experts filed by Jeff Ashton, where he states: The reports do not diagnose the defendant as suffering from any clinical or personality disorders as recognized by the American Psychiatric Association.

So if she does not suffer from any recognized disorders, her defense cannot raise any mental health defenses.

IMO They are just trying to come up with any defense. Baez's opening statement does not mean it's the truth, it is not offered under oath. She's not crazy. Crazy would be her sitting during court talking to her "imaginary friend" sitting next to her. Being a Liar does not make you crazy, more like a sociopath.
They are not even trying to legitimately claim that she is "crazy" or has some sort of certifiable "mental illness". If they were, they would have found means to introduce expert witnesses that stated as much. They are flailing their arms in the wind in the hope to raise a single doubt in any one of the juror's minds and they are relying on stupidity/naivitee on the juror's part. That's all they can do under the circumstances but they've really muddied their own waters by introducing not one (accident) unexpected and difficult possibility but three others (sexual abuse, complicity by the father, and complicity by a non-family member) into the mix. How stupid and gullible do they really think their jury could be?

moo

The reason that the defense is not using a mental health defense is fairly simple and can be found in the Motion in Limine as to Testimony of Mental Health Experts filed by Jeff Ashton, where he states: The reports do not diagnose the defendant as suffering from any clinical or personality disorders as recognized by the American Psychiatric Association.

So if she does not suffer from any recognized disorders, her defense cannot raise any mental health defenses.

Another words, pure evil is not recognized by the American Psychiatric Association.:maddening:

Thank you! Where were you before I started rambling?

Personally, I do believe there's something seriously wrong with this girl. But I also believe she knows right from wrong, truth from fiction, and fantasy from reality. She's not crazy...she's simply twisted and sadistic.

JMO

Does the American Psychiatric Association currently recognize sociopathy as a disorder? If so, can you tell us what impact this does/doesn't have relative to law?

Theory of my husband:
KC has multiple or split personalities. Zanny the Nanny is really KC, which is why so many of her stories are detailed and she seems to remember things from story to story....maybe she is also Juliet Lewis ....and maybe one of those personalities are responsible for Caylee's death but the current personality really DOESN'T know what happened!

Theory of my husband:
KC has multiple or split personalities. Zanny the Nanny is really KC, which is why so many of her stories are detailed and she seems to remember things from story to story....maybe she is also Juliet Lewis ....and maybe one of those personalities are responsible for Caylee's death but the current personality really DOESN'T know what happened!

maybe she was Juliette Lewis from the movie "Natural Born Killers" when she maliciously murdered her baby~

Theory of my husband:
Split personalities = Sybil. = Been there done that. = the collective intelligence has moved beyond such silliness.

moo

Thanks so much for posting about this. I have a hard time trying to say anything about mental health issues with little personal knowledge. But when it comes to a court of law it's pretty cut and dry.

Personally, at least for me, it becomes an issue of some sort of personality disorder when the liar is confronted with the lies, knows they are lying and knows that you know that they are lying and you put the evidence of the lies in their face and they just keep on lying as if they are telling the truth.

I knew someone that was like that....none of us could figure out why she lied about everything, stuff that didn't matter, she lied about anything and everything, not to get out of stuff, she just lied and made stuff up, and to her it was real, there was no trying to explain to her that we knew the truth, she just kept going and going, it did turn that she was mentally ill, she claimed to see dead people and talk to them...one of the biggest, craziest lies she told us, was that she was driving down the freeway with her friend in the car and a drunk hit them and her friend died...it never happened, but she never backed down, she said she was raped, and become pregnant because of the rape...again, never happened, she reported it to the police...etc...it's mind bogling,, but because i've seen it first hand, i do believe the CA is mentally unstable, i swear, she could be this girl i knew,, identical..

For an insanity plea don't you have to prove that the person did not know that what he/she did was wrong? I'm not sure what Casey Anthony's issues are, but it seems like she at least knows right from wrong.

TY! But I'm afraid the jury will aquit her cos I think they already believe she's CRAZY! What, if anything, can be done to prevent this scenario from happening?

Personally, at least for me, it becomes an issue of some sort of personality disorder when the liar is confronted with the lies, knows they are lying and knows that you know that they are lying and you put the evidence of the lies in their face and they just keep on lying as if they are telling the truth.

My wife does that all the time. LOL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenny0115
Back