REVISIT There wasn't a babysitter, Casey didn't have a job,What's going on?

I truly believe that this poor child spent a lot of time in the trunk of Casey's car. I think that she was sedated and put there on many occasions. It is sickening to imagine, but I feel that this is the case.

norest, ITA!!! And I have always thought the duct tape and flurry of calls that day were an attempt at a kidnapping setup; when ICA couldn't get any of her friends and family on the phone, she panicked and drove around off and on for days with poor Caylee in the trunk, trying to figure out what she was going to do...

JMO, but does anyone else think so???

Having spent alot of time in Florida, I can't believe ICA would have put Caylee in her trunk on a regular basis. It's HOT in Florida much of the time and there is little ventilation in a car trunk. ICA is evil, but even she would know it's too risky to put a sleeping child in a trunk in Florida.

I think it's possible that ICA remained purposely ignorant about a LOT of things, in order to alleviate guilt a la "it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission"... JMO, but I've seen that kind of thinking in action, and from my personal experience, ICA REEKS of that type of denial-justification thinking...

I can't believe this, because she could've been dead in an hour in a trunk in Florida heat. It's just too hot there to be locked in a car regularly and not to have died I think when KC said Caylee was staying at the nanny's, were the times she stayed with KC at Ricardo's etc.

You are assuming that she did it during the heat of the day. I believe that she only did it at night when she wanted to "party." The average nightly temperature in June in Orlando is in the 70's and previous months are lower. I truly believe she did this and didn't give it a second thought.:sick::sick:

Glad to see this thread re emerge. I have been wondering where Casey kept Caylee up til the time she killed her?? There appears to me to be many times she was at parties and boyfriend's homes but no Caylee and Caylee not at Cindy's either.

Why didn't the State investigate this a bit more and see if they could put together more of a child abuse case about where Casey kept Caylee. Maybe in the trunk drugged up for months til she died.

You are assuming that she did it during the heat of the day. I believe that she only did it at night when she wanted to "party." The average nightly temperature in June in Orlando is in the 70's and previous months are lower. I truly believe she did this and didn't give it a second thought.:sick::sick:

I think this also, and I think that is why Caylee had begun to put up a fight at bedtime...I think she had woken up during the night on several occasions to find herself alone and terrified in the trunk of the car and became very afraid of going to sleep at night.

I can't find anything that says there were many times Casey was without Caylee and yet Caylee was not with Cindy-does anyone have an example besides that odd night when Caylee seemingly disppeared from Casey's BF's apartment in the middle of the night? When Cindy denied calling and telling Casey to bring her home?

As far as what she was doing all day...I think she would come home as soon as her dad left for work on the days she was "working" days, so that would be around 2:30PM or so, and she probably seldom said she had to "work" early in the AM, so she would leave for what, 2-3 hours? Maybe go to the mall with Caylee or to a friend's apartment?

I would be interested in times/places when Casey was out without Caylee and was not at home with Cindy or another sitter-she did have a real sitter, Lauren (?) for a while.

Thanks Cluciano...these are quetions I have been asking myself tonight. I think that Casey may have given Caylee something to keep her asleep on some of the nights she was out and about....I have wondered, and I have seen others have mentioned this also, that the imaginary Zanie may have been the street name for xanax Casey used to get Caylee to "sleep well." Then, I extrapolated and wondered if Casey tried to use chloroform as a "sleep aid" also...perhaps cheaper and easier to come by. Maybe Caylee's death was an accident, but from an entirely different source than mentioned thus far...

I have read a couple of news articles in which parents have had their children sleep in the trunk of their cars while they were "out." (Obviously, the parents were arrested for child abuse/endangerment.) This is all pretty bizarre. Didn't any of her friends think it was strange that Casey never went to work? How did she go out so often, if Cindy wasn't taking care of Caylee?

I can't find anything that says there were many times Casey was without Caylee and yet Caylee was not with Cindy-does anyone have an example besides that odd night when Caylee seemingly disppeared from Casey's BF's apartment in the middle of the night? When Cindy denied calling and telling Casey to bring her home?

As far as what she was doing all day...I think she would come home as soon as her dad left for work on the days she was "working" days, so that would be around 2:30PM or so, and she probably seldom said she had to "work" early in the AM, so she would leave for what, 2-3 hours? Maybe go to the mall with Caylee or to a friend's apartment?

I would be interested in times/places when Casey was out without Caylee and was not at home with Cindy or another sitter-she did have a real sitter, Lauren (?) for a while.

Thanks Cluciano...these are quetions I have been asking myself tonight. I think that Casey may have given Caylee something to keep her asleep on some of the nights she was out and about....I have wondered, and I have seen others have mentioned this also, that the imaginary Zanie may have been the street name for xanax Casey used to get Caylee to "sleep well." Then, I extrapolated and wondered if Casey tried to use chloroform as a "sleep aid" also...perhaps cheaper and easier to come by. Maybe Caylee's death was an accident, but from an entirely different source than mentioned thus far...

I have read a couple of news articles in which parents have had their children sleep in the trunk of their cars while they were "out." (Obviously, the parents were arrested for child abuse/endangerment.) This is all pretty bizarre. Didn't any of her friends think it was strange that Casey never went to work? How did she go out so often, if Cindy wasn't taking care of Caylee?

But I think Cindy mostly was taking care of Caylee...and I know she brought Caylee to various boyfriends houses in evenings, sometimes overnight at least with one of them. I am trying to find out if she was really out and about alone, when Cindy was NOT with Caylee...lots of speculation but nothing for sure that I know of. She told Cindy she worked nights a lot, to leave Caylee with her.
I don't believe Caylee would have survived the trunk for any length of time on any sort of regular basis...and I haven't heard so much about actual club-partying other than the month after Caylee was dead...

norest, ITA!!! And I have always thought the duct tape and flurry of calls that day were an attempt at a kidnapping setup; when ICA couldn't get any of her friends and family on the phone, she panicked and drove around off and on for days with poor Caylee in the trunk, trying to figure out what she was going to do...

No, the kidnapping wasn't made up until Lee asked casey what she was going to tell the police when they told her to take them to Caylee.
Only then did she add another lie to her lie because she knew she couldn't produce Caylee.

No, the kidnapping wasn't made up until Lee asked casey what she was going to tell the police when they told her to take them to Caylee.
Only then did she add another lie to her lie because she knew she couldn't produce Caylee.

With respect, I wasn't referring to anything public; I am convinced that a kidnapping coverup was ICA's original plan, but when she couldn't get anyone on the phone with whom she could 'drama it up', she panicked. I think she wanted to tell someone close to her that Caylee had been kidnapped, and wanted to wait to tell police until she had someone with her who genuinely cared and was surprised, to lend more credibility to her story. I think she didn't have a plan B. ITA, that the running out of gas wasn't due to a monetary issue, but due to the smell emanating from the trunk--she couldn't put gas in the car's tank at a station where people might be walking near to it, etc.

All JMO and all that, though...

I used to think the same thing, but now think she was just calling to tell them she'd be gone overnight or even more days, and beginning her timer from day one. Since Casey was supposed to be at work and Caylee at a babysitter for about 3 hours prior to the flurry of calls it would be hard to claim kidnap yet. I think she was going to claim that Caylee was abducted from a park or something later on, possibly with Casey injured and chloroformed.

I used to think the same thing, but now think she was just calling to tell them she'd be gone overnight or even more days, and beginning her timer from day one. Since Casey was supposed to be at work and Caylee at a babysitter for about 3 hours prior to the flurry of calls it would be hard to claim kidnap yet. I think she was going to claim that Caylee was abducted from a park or something later on, possibly with Casey injured and chloroformed.

True, but, to be fair, ICA doesn't seem too deterred by the potential unbelievability of a lot of claims..

You make a very good point, though, and I think your suggestions are highly plausible.

So far in this case this is the biggest mystery for me. I have a strong gut feeling that she was using xanax on caylee. I don't think she would have left her in the car, but she had to be leaving her SOMEWHERE. Abandoned house? Remember the fernandez and gonzalez house bit? Or maybe an empty apartment at sawgrass?

There were plenty of times that caylee was "with the nanny" and it drives me nuts where the baby actually was. I think is rather know this than have her confess! Then again we could probably figure out how she died if we knew where she'd been. I'm sure they are connected. was really REALLY hoping this would come out at trial :<

So far in this case this is the biggest mystery for me. I have a strong gut feeling that she was using xanax on caylee. I don't think she would have left her in the car, but she had to be leaving her SOMEWHERE. Abandoned house? Remember the fernandez and gonzalez house bit? Or maybe an empty apartment at sawgrass?

There were plenty of times that caylee was "with the nanny" and it drives me nuts where the baby actually was. I think is rather know this than have her confess! Then again we could probably figure out how she died if we knew where she'd been. I'm sure they are connected. was really REALLY hoping this would come out at trial :<

BBM

Casey was not using Xanax on Caylee. The FBI did a hair analysis of Caylee's hair and it proved she had not taken Xanax.

The story I heard on that was, Casey was short 1/2 credit so she didn't graduate. Come on now, if you're that close it can be taken care of with very little work. My sister had a baby when she was 16, she had help, some work had to be done at home but the work got done and she graduated with her class. Casey had a family that helped her, she had opportunities to better herself, she was not a young mother who was having to do it on her own. Without a highschool diploma what kind of job did she think she was ever going to get? Oh I forgot, she only planned to have pretend jobs. :furious:

VB

CA had planned a graduation party for her too! Didn't CA receive a phone call saying she was graduating the day before graduation.....ICA knew she wasn't graduating, but never said anything.

I taught school and there are ways to make a .5 unit. Here in California, she still could have gone through the graduation ceremony....she just would not receive a diploma. Heck, all students where I worked did not receive a real diploma until after the ceremony due to lost books, fines, etc.

I am so baffled over what she did when she said she was working. I do think CA babysat Caylee a lot.....she was her mother, not the grandma.

I wonder whether the Anthonys knew that there was never a Zanny. Cindy seems far too controlling to not have asked alot of questions about Caylee's babysitter. I think she would have definitely wanted to meet her. She would have wanted to make sure Caylee was getting good care. She would have talked to her on the phone, had her phone number, etc,

I think she told police there had been a Zanny who had been babysitting Caylee for the past few years to go along with Casey's story, knowing full well that she only first heard of this Zanny in June or July of 2008. Once the Anthonys lied about the existence of a Zanny that had been a longtime babysitter they kept it up.

Perhaps KA just start talking of Zanny in May or June but I just highly doubt it would have been 2 years without Cindy having met her or talked to her on the phone or at least have her number. She would have demanded it, Maybe KC made up random babysitters but I don't think there was a story of a single nanny. KC could not pull it off that long, unless CA is just so gullible.

Also CA had to question where KA was getting the money for a babysitter and all of her shenanigans around town. They had to know she could not have made that much money to have all those clothes (does she not wear a different top every day to court?) and a babysitter. Wouldn't GA or CA have done her tax returns and saw her income? I have a hard time believing KA would have done her own taxes ( though i guess she could have lied and said she was being paid under the table). Further, during part of that time they could have had KA as a dependent on their tax returns, they would have seen she did not have income.

What do others think? Did CA buy the Zanny story for 2 years or did she lie about hearing of Zanny before June 2008?

I wonder whether the Anthonys knew that there was never a Zanny. Cindy seems far too controlling to not have asked alot of questions about Caylee's babysitter. I think she would have definitely wanted to meet her. She would have wanted to make sure Caylee was getting good care. She would have talked to her on the phone, had her phone number, etc,

I think she told police there had been a Zanny who had been babysitting Caylee for the past few years to go along with Casey's story, knowing full well that she only first heard of this Zanny in June or July of 2008. Once the Anthonys lied about the existence of a Zanny that had been a longtime babysitter they kept it up.

Perhaps KA just start talking of Zanny in May or June but I just highly doubt it would have been 2 years without Cindy having met her or talked to her on the phone or at least have her number. She would have demanded it, Maybe KC made up random babysitters but I don't think there was a story of a single nanny. KC could not pull it off that long, unless CA is just so gullible.

Also CA had to question where KA was getting the money for a babysitter and all of her shenanigans around town. They had to know she could not have made that much money to have all those clothes (does she not wear a different top every day to court?) and a babysitter. Wouldn't GA or CA have done her tax returns and saw her income? I have a hard time believing KA would have done her own taxes ( though i guess she could have lied and said she was being paid under the table). Further, during part of that time they could have had KA as a dependent on their tax returns, they would have seen she did not have income.

What do others think? Did CA buy the Zanny story for 2 years or did she lie about hearing of Zanny before June 2008?

Honestly after hearing all the testimony from GA, CA and LA I get a deep realization that the Anthony's are all pathological liars and have some serious mental issues.

How can you NOT know that your bone rail thin, petite daughter is 7 mos. pregnant? Once she is outed by an UNCLE at a WEDDING GA says, "She's like that because she started working out" and CA says, "She's bloated"......... ARE YOU KIDDING ME? :waitasec:

How can you NOT know that your daughter does NOT have a job? But yet she has money to spend, spend, spend. :waitasec:

How can you NOT initmately know the "nanny" of your granddaughter that lives with you? Most reasonable people leave an in case of emergency contact with the school, the child care people, their family... :waitasec:

How can you NOT know that your daughter has MAJOR mental problems and leave your beloved granddaughter in her care? At every chance you are threatening to take the child from your daughter because you don't feel like she's a fit mother --- YET YOU FORCE HER TO TAKE CARE OF HER --- :waitasec:

I agree with the person that said the Anthony's should be studied.
:abduction:

I think this also, and I think that is why Caylee had begun to put up a fight at bedtime...I think she had woken up during the night on several occasions to find herself alone and terrified in the trunk of the car and became very afraid of going to sleep at night.

ITA, and I think it may have been Annie who said Caylee would get upset if Casey even left to go to the bathroom

I do not for a second believe that ICA used the trunk of her car to keep Caylee in while she went out and partied, as a Floridian I can assure you that even a few minutes in the trunk of a car could be lethal under the intense and unrelenting heat of the Florida sun.
It's still hot at night too in the high 70's to the low 80's and let me add to this that it is very humid here making the heat worse.

I think that ICA did sedate her child at times but not with Xanax, my guess is that she used something like Benadryl that is easy to acquire and administer and ICA must have had a place that she thought was safe where she could leave Caylee away from prying eyes while she partied, maybe an empty house or apartment, idk but I would not put this past her, but the trunk no.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fitriawastuti
Back