2011.07.16-17 HLN & FOX (Weekend) News Coverage - Caylee Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.
BeanE,

Thank you so much for providing this link to the Joe Navarro article. In my opinion it is a must read by anyone seeking some understanding of the outcome of this case.

There is also a wonderful article referenced there : Incompetence of Gullibility and Foolishness, by Stephen Greenspan, PH.D. In it he states the following:

"The jurors absence of experience in thinking abstractly, understanding probability or evidence rather than emotion, made them susceptible to specious arguments like"if the glove does not fit, you must acquit." (of the infamous OJ case.

With ref to the Casey Anthony case:
" The defense got the jury they wanted because the (unusually forceful) judge resisted several attempts by the State to remove certain jurors and because seating jurors ( from a different county) unfamiliar with this high profile case meant seating jurors remarkably lacking in intellectual curiosity. Various media talking heads argued the outcome of this trial showed the "legal system worked." In my opinion it showed "collective gullibility is still alive and well"

So there you have it folks. Perfectly stated and unfortunately true. In general it seems the state want intelligent ,educated jurors. The defense will usually seek out.....ehh--the direct opposite. Guess it was gonna be "Not Guilty", from jury selection. I can live with that after reading these articles. So, again thank you, BeanE, for suggesting this link.

Wonderful article Bean E and R.U.Kidding - very helpful to my current state of mind. Extremely helpful actually! :blowkiss: Because there it is all laid out - so many questions answered.

Thanks - that is probably where that comes from. It does make sense, though.

Every time some telemarketer calls and I inadvertently answer, I'm going to tell them: "I am not going to speak to you because I know you are Casey Anthony".

As a result, even the telemarketing firms are going to have to publicly come out and say: "Casey Anthony is NOT working for us". It could be part of the "Peggy" commercials.

BBM:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I like the "Peggy" commercials, LOL! Every time I try to call any company, I get "Peggy"!

FCA may be almost institionalized after all this time in protective custody at the jail. She will have a hard time in the "free" world and will overdo everything. She will want to do everything at once, IMO.

She has sat in a cell alone and dreamed of everything and her life will be nothing as she has dreamed it. She is going to get so angry that everyone is trying to tell her what to do and will have a big meltdown. I hope she does!

I hope FCA and even her family are ostracized everywhere they go. What I just love is that there is no way she did not see the protesters and their signs. I hope she encounters that everywhere she goes.

Her protectors can build her up all they want, but the truth is that most people hate her. That includes myself. Big time. I hope she knows not even a moment of peace.

:loser:

O/T. Please forgive, did everyone know there was a lightning strike last night (Saturday)very close to the jail after 11 pm? I heard it on HLN..Caylee was near. Bless her little heart.xoxo

O/T. Please forgive, did everyone know there was a lightning strike last night (Saturday)very close to the jail after 11 pm? I heard it on HLN..Caylee was near. Bless her little heart.xoxo

Nore - picture featuring it in Today's News Articles - have a look for yourself. Cool!

Casey said her father molested her in her notes to her friend in jail. She certainly DID say that.

It is unethical for a lawyer to state something for which there is absolutely no basis. Nope... this came from Casey and Jose working together -- and Litmann and the Anthonys know it.

The jailhouse letters were probably part of the ruse... setting the stage.

My family took part in the Caylee Walk today..seeing the memorial in person is heartbreaking. Many amazing people showed up today. The couple who made the cross with Caylee's name on it are wonderful people..We left the picture of Caylee that is at base of the cross. Lots of police, lots of media!! We walked from Suburban Dr to Hopespring and stood in front of the Anthony home...That is when we started to feel tears from heaven..(rained lightly)

It's probably already been posted, but just heard that Geraldo is interviewing Jose Baez tonight on Geraldo at Large.

The jailhouse letters were probably part of the ruse... setting the stage.

Yep, when the letters were addressed during a hearing JB did not object to them being released to the public. JB and KC were giggling and whispering in court while they were being discussed.

It's probably already been posted, but just heard that Geraldo is interviewing Jose Baez tonight on Geraldo at Large.

:sick::sick::sick::banghead::banghead::banghead::::anguish::ignore::ignore::puke::puke::puke::puke::

Thank you for your support. I am just beside myself. I prepared myself for the Not Guilty verdict. I didn't prepare myself for the incomprehensible jury explanation, or the fact that Casey would be so evil as to reject her Mom and Dad, after manipulating them into softening their testimony and even perjury to save her life.

And....and the ands keep coming...the DT had the walnuts to ask Lippman to use the parents as decoys, even though Casey refuses to communicate with them.

I am a Mom. I am a single Mom. I had my daughter at 19. My second granddaughter was due yesterday. Therefore, I find it much easier to forgive Cindy and George, although I do so with clenched teeth and furrowed brow. I understand that bond and that instinct to save your child fom the death penalty (even if she is a sociopath)...but now I am reeling. The whole Caylee's Law foundation and ...and the ands will keep coming.

I just don't even know who to be mad at anymore. There are too many people who failed Caylee!! Too Many People Who Failed Caylee......

I'm mad and I thought that surely I'd be over being mad by now. Watching Casey walk out of jail last night just fed my anger even more. I think this case is heartbreaking to most of us who dearly love our children.

Now, I'm petrified that Casey's verdict will only lead to more mothers killing their children and getting off. Like you, I just don't know who to be mad at. I waffle back and forth between crying and being mad.

(You will find that 99% of the posters here support one another. There is a lot of good people here.)

I don't know where to put tweets

bobkealing bob kealing
Geraldo talking with #Josebaez tonight. #CaseyAnthony.

bobkealing bob kealing
Yes 10pm“@nasuslh: @bobkealing do you know if it will air on fox tonight? or just doing the interview tonight?”
2 minutes ago

that is not a realistic aircraft to fly all the way to California. Its speed is only 170 knots and its a turboprop. it would take forever to reach california with all of the fuel stops and slow flying against the headwinds. if she's flying to CA she will be on a Gulfstream, Citation X, Challenger or some other heavy jet. I doubt they would use a smal or mid size jet because with fuel stops she would be at risk for "sightings"

Again, my bet is she is still with Baez.

@issueswithjvm
She's gone! I'm Live at 6am tomorrow on #HLN from #Caseyanthony jail! I will try to get 3 hours sleep! Wish me luck! 12 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Jane obviously was exhausted by all of the not live, non coverage HLN provided this evening.

:floorlaugh:

I just turned hln back on after not watching for 7 hours. Same pre-recorded hour that they were showing at noon. Uhh, great coverage hln (Not). Do they not work on weekends or something??

Again, my bet is she is still with Baez.

I just can't imagine that Jose's wife is okay with all this. Is he still married? He surely seems to spend a lot of time with Casey (before and after jail). JMO

I don't know where to put tweets

bobkealing bob kealing
Geraldo talking with #Josebaez tonight. #CaseyAnthony.

bobkealing bob kealing
Yes 10pm“@nasuslh: @bobkealing do you know if it will air on fox tonight? or just doing the interview tonight?”
2 minutes ago

I saw that. I also searched #Josebaez to confirm. Will I be the only one watching? If not, is it possible that I will I find others in this thread on the Pacific Time zone side of the show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname